- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Taylor 312ce-N Grand Concert Nylon-String Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L28953 000001000 L28953000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
One of the alluring traits of a nylon-string guitar is the way its tonal character can instantly change the complexion of any song. This makes a nylo...Click To Read More About This Product
A lap-friendly nylon-string with solid all-purpose tonewoods.
One of the alluring traits of a nylon-string guitar is the way its tonal character can instantly change the complexion of any song. This makes a nylon an indispensible tool for songwriting, recording and performance, letting you weave a different flavor or rhythmic texture into your music. Taylor nylons, like this 312ce-N Grand Concert acoustic-electric guitar, achieve the same exceptional playability as their steel-string siblings, offering a smooth crossover with a sleek profile neck, a 1-7/8" nut width (compared to a much wider traditional classical neck), and a slight fingerboard radius (20" compared to 15" on Taylor steel-strings). With a Taylor nylon-string in your acoustic toolbox, you might be surprised by how often you end up reaching for it. The 312ce-N Grand Concert Nylon String ships in a deluxe hardshell case made by Taylor for optimal fit and protection.
Taylor's Grand Concert is slightly smaller that its Grand Auditorium and yields controlled overtones, so the sound won't occupy a lot of sonic space. This is often a key consideration when other instruments are in the mix, such as in a performance or recording environment, and it allows the guitar to be heard more clearly. Its intimate size makes it lap/couch-friendly, and a great fit for players who find smaller instruments more physically comfortable.
A guitar's top is the primary filter and distributor of vibrating string energy through the guitar, which means it has a huge impact on its sound. Sitka Spruce is the most prevalent guitar top wood of the modern era. It blends stiffness and elasticity in just the right proportions which translates into broad dynamic range with crisp articulation. An alternative tonewood that joined the Taylor fold over a decade ago. sapele sometimes mistakenly referred to as African mahogany because it closely resembles the West African wood khaya, which is commercially known as African mahogany. Sapele is a highly sustainable, relatively fast-growing wood. Tonally, it does everything that mahogany does, with a little extra treble zing.
The ES-N is a single-source, under-saddle transducer, but the preamp design and tone controls were customized to complement the nylon-string voice. Taylor's standard ES control knobs (Volume, Treble and Bass) enable plenty of tone-shaping and preserve the natural design aesthetic.
The Taylor Difference
What sets Taylor Guitars apart? Unmatched build quality, the most stable and playable necks, a vast array of tonal options, eco- conscious and ethically-sourced raw materials, and a lifetime of service and support.
- 20" fingerboard radius
- Neck and body joint at 12th fret
- Pearloid buttons
Sound great without having to spend more. Order this fun Taylor today.
- Body type: Grand Concert/OO
- Cutaway: Single
- Top wood: Solid Sitka spruce
- Back and sides: Solid Sapele
- Bracing pattern: Taylor Nylon GC
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Taylor Standard Profile
- Nut width: 2.04" (52 mm)
- Fingerboard: Genuine West African ebony
- Neck wood: Tropical mahogany
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Number of frets: 17
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Undersaddle piezo
- Preamp EQ: 2-band
- Feedback filter: No
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: Genuine West African ebony
- Tuning machines: Chrome
- Bridge: Genuine West African ebony
- Saddle and nut: Micarta/Tusq
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features:
- Case: Deluxe hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.