- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Taylor 314ce V-Class Limited-Edition Grand Auditorium Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L72218 000001000 L72218000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
This 314ce V-Class Limited-Edition Grand Auditorium Acoustic-Electric Guitar starts with a tonewood pairing from Taylor's 700 Series and adds aesthet...Click To Read More About This Product
Western red cedar and rosewood pairing produces beautiful tone for this 300 Series guitar.
This 314ce V-Class Limited-Edition Grand Auditorium Acoustic-Electric Guitar starts with a tonewood pairing from Taylor's 700 Series and adds aesthetic appointments from the 500 Series, all at a 300 Series price. All-solid wood construction and Taylor's V-Class bracing make this a guitar-for-a-lifetime that will only sound better with age. It won't take but a few strums to see and hear how the mix of tonewoods, construction and appointments combine with Taylor's famous playability, intonation and tone to give an exceptional playing experience. The 314ce V-Class Limited-Edition Grand Auditorium Acoustic-Electric Guitar ships in a deluxe hardshell case made by Taylor for optimal fit and protection.
A Taylor original, the Grand Auditorium helped establish the Taylor acoustic sound. The popular body style makes for a versatile guitar that yields ample volume in response to light fingerpicking, and reacts to medium strumming and flatpicking with a clear, balanced sound across the tonal spectrum. If you want a great all-purpose guitar, the GA is an excellent choice.
Tone Wood Pairing
A guitar's top is the primary filter and distributor of vibrating string energy through the guitar, which means it has a dramatic impact on its sound. Western Red Cedar is less dense than spruce and as a result produces a warm, played-in sound. It's midrange bloom adds a nice complexity to the guitar's tone, and it responds really well to a lighter picking/strumming attack. Rosewood produces the strongest bass response among the tone woods commonly used for guitars, with a slightly scooped midrange. Rosewood's sweeping frequency range - deep lows that assert a throaty growl with sparkling highs - rings out with bell-like, high-fidelity clarity. It yields a full-range acoustic voice with complex overtones and extended sustain. This pairing delivers exceptionally pleasing tones.
Taylor's ES2 is a revolutionary pickup design that delivers the latest in Taylor's ongoing innovation in acoustic guitar amplification. The heart of the Expression System 2 is Taylor's patented behind-the-saddle pickup, which features three uniquely positioned and individually calibrated pickup sensors. Because the pickup doesn't sit under the saddle, the bottom of the saddle comes in full contact with the bridge, allowing all the nuance of the guitar's tone to come through clearly whether playing acoustically or plugged-in. The location of the sensors enables a more dynamic range of acoustic sound to be captured than ever before while playing plugged-in.
Together with Taylor's custom-designed "professional audio"-grade preamp, this system produces exceptional amplified tone and responsiveness. On stage through a PA, plugged into your favorite acoustic amplifier, or direct into recording software, the Expression System 2 faithfully conveys the voice of your Taylor guitar. The Taylor Expression System 2 operates through a proprietary 9-volt battery compartment and easy-to-use volume, and active bass and treble controls.
Taylor's V-Class bracing is a fundamental innovation in acoustic guitar design. It marks an important evolution beyond traditional X-bracing, introducing an entirely new platform for acoustic performance. It is essentially a "sonic engine" that optimizes the response of an acoustic guitar in three key ways: by boosting volume, sustain, and by largely resolving the intonation (in-tune-ness) issues that have long plagued acoustic guitars. V-Class bracing creates purer, more orderly notes that don't cancel each other out or sound "off". They have clearer, more consistent response, and the whole fretboard is brought into greater sonic alignment for a more musical playing/listening experience.
Guitars with V-Class bracing are easier to tune; the pitch sounds purer and more solid, and electronic tuners can more easily locate notes for quick, precise tuning. Other benefits: harmonics ring more uniformly down the neck, notes are louder with more projection and sustain, and notes are more consistent, i.e., upper register notes don't get choked out or swallowed. Fewer "sour" sonic qualities exist with chords; a more agreeable relationship is created between notes as they ripen, bloom and decay.
A beautiful pairing for this limited-edition 300 Series from Taylor. Order today.
- Body type: Taylor Grand Auditorium
- Cutaway: Yes - Venetian
- Top wood: Solid Western Red Cedar
- Back & sides: Solid Indian Rosewood
- Bracing pattern: V-Class Bracing with Relief Rout
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right-Handed
- Neck shape: Standard Taylor Profile
- Nut width: 1-3/4" (44.5 mm)
- Fingerboard: "Responsible Trade" West African Ebony
- Neck wood: Tropical Mahogany
- Scale length: 25-1/2"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Expression System 2 Professional Audio-Grade
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Behind-the-Saddle Transducer with Adjustable Sensors
- Preamp EQ: Volume, Active Bass and Treble
- Feedback filter: Onboard Phase Switch
- Tuner: None
- Headstock overlay: "Responsible Trade" West African Ebony
- Tuning machines: Taylor Nickel Tuners with Nickel Buttons
- Bridge: "Responsible Trade" West African Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Micarta "Wave" Saddle; Teflon-Infused Graphite Nut
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features: Limited Edition
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hard Shell Case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: USA
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.