- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Taylor 317 Grand Pacific Dreadnought Left-Handed Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L48436 000001000 L48436000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The 317 Grand Pacific Dreadnought Left-Handed acoustic guitar features a new Taylor shape for 2019 that delivers a new Taylor sound. Taylor's 300 Ser...Click To Read More About This Product
A versatile round shoulder dreadnought for left-handed players with solid tonewoods and great projection and tone.
The 317 Grand Pacific Dreadnought Left-Handed acoustic guitar features a new Taylor shape for 2019 that delivers a new Taylor sound. Taylor's 300 Series has introduced countless players to the pleasures of the all-solid-wood, USA-made acoustic experience. It is also the most approachable entry point in the Taylor line to the Grand Pacific round shoulder dreadnought. Built on the innovative V-Class bracing platform, the 317 Grand Pacific Left-Handed acoustic guitar is a fully realized example of how body shapes and tonewoods can be sculpted to create distinct and highly desirable tonal palettes. The 317 Grand Pacific is a unique entry to the dreadnought category, possessing clear low-end power, tonal consistency and sweeping versatility. The 317 Grand Pacific Dreadnought Left-Handed acoustic guitar ships in a luxurious hardshell case with Western floral pattern, made by Taylor for optimal fit and protection.
A guitar's top is the primary filter and distributor of vibrating string energy through the guitar, which means it has a huge impact on its sound. Sitka spruce is the most prevalent guitar top wood of the modern era. It blends stiffness and elasticity in just the right proportions which translates into broad dynamic range with crisp articulation. As a tonewood, solid sapele back and sides complement the top with sonic characteristics that live comfortably between the dry, clear, woody sound of mahogany and the complex, overtone-rich character of rosewood. Sapele responds well to a variety of playing styles and fits nicely into an instrument mix.
Taylor's V-Class bracing is a fundamental innovation in acoustic guitar design. It marks an important evolution beyond traditional X-bracing, introducing an entirely new platform for acoustic performance. It is essentially a "sonic engine" that optimizes the response of an acoustic guitar in three key ways: by boosting volume, sustain, and by largely resolving the intonation (in-tune-ness) issues that have long plagued acoustic guitars. V-Class bracing creates purer, more orderly notes that don't cancel each other out or sound "off". They have clearer, more consistent response, and the whole fretboard is brought into greater sonic alignment for a more musical playing/listening experience. Guitars with V-Class bracing are easier to tune; the pitch sounds purer and more solid, and electronic tuners can more easily locate notes for quick, precise tuning. Other benefits: harmonics ring more uniformly down the neck, notes are louder with more projection and sustain, and notes are more consistent, i.e., upper register notes don't get choked out or swallowed. Fewer "sour" sonic qualities exist with chords; a more agreeable relationship is created between notes as they ripen, bloom and decay.
The Taylor Difference
What sets Taylor Guitars apart? Unmatched build quality, the most stable and playable necks, a vast array of tonal options, eco-conscious and ethically-sourced raw materials, and a lifetime of service and support.
- Left-handed model
- New for 2019 round shoulder dreadnought design
- Taylor's exclusive V-Class bracing for improved intonation, volume, sustain
- Elixir Phosphor-Bronze medium gauge strings
- Taylor deluxe hardshell "Country Western" case
Experience a dreadnought like no other. Order the 317 Grand Pacific Left-Handed acoustic today.
- Body type: Round shoulder dreadnought
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Solid Sitka spruce
- Back and sides: Solid Sapele
- Bracing pattern: V-Class Grand Concert with relief rout
- Body finish: Gloss top, satin back and sides
- Orientation: Left handed
- Neck shape: Taylor Standard Profile
- Nut width: 1.75" (44.45 mm)
- Fingerboard: Genuine West African ebony
- Neck wood: Tropical mahogany
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: No
- Headstock overlay: Genuine West African ebony
- Tuning machines: Taylor nickel with nickel buttons
- Bridge: Genuine West African ebony
- Saddle and nut: Micarta "wave" saddle/graphite nut
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features:
- Case: Deluxe hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.