- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Taylor 322e Grand Concert Acoustic-Electric Guitar
Shaded Edge Burst
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L30479 000001000 L30479000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The non-cutaway mahogany-topped 322e Grand Concert will appeal to rootsy fingerstyle players craving a comfortable playing experience. The 24-7/8" ne...Click To Read More About This Product
Under the beautiful stain and shaded edge burst, lies a delicious tropical mahogany and Tasmanian blackwood tonewood combination.
The non-cutaway mahogany-topped 322e Grand Concert will appeal to rootsy fingerstyle players craving a comfortable playing experience. The 24-7/8" neck makes fretting and bending strings easier, while the blackwood/mahogany wood pairing yields a surprisingly warm and dynamic tonal response for a smaller body. A smooth shaded edgeburst adds a tasteful vintage look that complements the rich-grained mahogany top. Appointments include a black pickguard, Italian acrylic small diamond fretboard inlays, black binding with crisp white top trim, 3-ring rosette and satin finish. The guitar also comes equipped with Expression System 2 electronics for a smooth plug-and-play experience.
The 322e comes with a deluxe hardshell case.
The small-body Grand Concert debuted in 1984 to meet the needs of a new wave of adventurous acoustic fingerstyle players. In contrast to the traditionally darker, boomier voices of bigger body styles like dreadnoughts and jumbos, the GC’s compact size and tapered waist kept the overtones in check. It was also more comfortable to play while sitting down, and the guitar’s slightly wider neck gave players more room for complex fingerings. The GC’s smaller sonic footprint also fit cleanly in a mix with other instruments when tracking in the studio and with a band on stage, making it a useful tool for professional session and side players. Taylor's current generation of GC models continue to accommodate fingerstylists with finger-friendly traits like a shorter 24 7/8" scale length, which makes fretting easier and adds a slightly slinkier feel on the strings due to the lighter string tension. If you feel more comfortable with a small body or favor controlled overtones, a Grand Concert is a great option.
Harder, denser woods like mahogany and koa that are used on the back and sides of a guitar are sometimes used as tops. Their stiffness initially translates into a bright tone and tends to need more play-in time to open up, but the more a mahogany-top guitar is played, the more it develops overtones that contribute to a fuller, richer sound. A mahogany-top guitar might appeal to rootsy players who like a little extra punchiness in their tone. Tasmanian blackwood is an acacia wood species that is sometimes compared to Hawaiian koa, another acacia species. Its tonal range is similar to both koa and mahogany, featuring a strong midrange focus that is dry, clear and warm, with a splash of top-end shimmer and richness comparable to Indian rosewood. The overall volume and projection are strong. Blackwood also is sourced from forests that are responsibly managed, making it a sustainable wood for guitar making.
Taylor Expression 2 Electronics
- Small diamonds fingerboard inlays
- Tropical mahogany neck/heel
- Medium brown stain with Shaded Edge Burst on top
- Three-ring plastic rosette
- Italian acrylic peghead logo
- Nickel buttons
- Black binding
- White top trim
Order this Taylor beauty today.
- Body type: Grand Concert
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Tropical Mahogany
- Back and sides: Tasmanian blackwood
- Bracing pattern: Performance with relief rout
- Body finish: Satin
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Taylor Standard Profile
- Nut width: 1.75" (44.45 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Neck wood: Tropical mahogany
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Behind-the-saddle transducer with Adjustable Sensors
- Preamp EQ: 2-band
- Feedback filter: Phase
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: Ebony
- Tuning machines: Taylor nickel
- Bridge: Ebony
- Saddle and nut: Micarta/Tusq
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features:
- Case: Deluxe hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.