- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Taylor 358e Limited Edition 12-String Grand Orchestra Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- L13266 000001000 L13266000001000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Taylor's 300 Series, which now includes the 358e Limited Edition 12-String Grand Orchestra acoustic-electric, has introduced countless players to the...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Big-bodied beauty crafted from Lutz spruce and Tasmanian blackwood with delicious finish.
Taylor's 300 Series, which now includes the 358e Limited Edition 12-String Grand Orchestra acoustic-electric, has introduced countless players to the pleasures of the all-solid-wood acoustic experience; it's the entry point to Taylor's USA-made instrument line. This 300 Series Limited Edition features a Lutz spruce top and Tasmanian Blackwood back and sides: a combination that has become highly valued among players. Add a honey sunburst top and shaded edgeburst back, sides and neck, and you have a really special guitar. Players who step up to a 300 Series instrument will be rewarded with a guitar-for-a-lifetime that will only sound better with age. It doesn't take but a few strums to learn how the mix of tone woods, construction and appointments combine to make Taylor's famous playability, intonation and tone. The 300 Series has everything you need and nothing you don't need in a fantastic sounding and playing instrument. The 358e Limited Edition 12-String Grand Orchestra acoustic-electric Series instruments ship in a deluxe hard shell case made by Taylor for optimal fit and protection.
The Grand Orchestra is Taylor’s biggest, deepest body shape and delivers the richest, most complex voice. It's incredibly balanced for a big-bodied acoustic guitar. Specially braced to respond to a light touch, the Grand Orchestra is a good fit for players who want the richest, most powerful acoustic voice, for players who like a voluptuous, Jumbo-size guitar, and for solo performers looking for an expansive palette of sonic colors and textures.
A guitar's top is the primary filter and distributor of vibrating string energy through the guitar, which means it has a huge impact on its sound. Lutz Spruce is a naturally occurring hybrid of Sitka and white spruce. Sitka is the most prevalent guitar top wood of the modern era because it blends stiffness and elasticity in just the right proportions which translates into broad dynamic range with crisp articulation. Lutz spruce takes these attributes and blends them with those of white and Englemann spruce, with an end result resembling old Adirondack spruce. When combined with Taylor's bracing architecture, guitars are more powerful, richer and louder than before. Tonally, blackwood behaves somewhere in the middle of rosewood and mahogany, with a little extra shimmer and chime that shows its family resemblance to koa. Pairing blackwood with the Lutz top gives you a strong, open sound that's reminiscent of mature, traditional tonewoods. It's a great combination.
Taylor's ES2 is a revolutionary pickup design that delivers the latest in Taylor’s ongoing innovation in acoustic guitar amplification. The heart of the Expression System 2 is Taylor’s patented behind-the-saddle pickup, which features three uniquely positioned and individually calibrated pickup sensors. Because the pickup doesn't sit under the saddle, the bottom of the saddle comes in full contact with the bridge, allowing all the nuance of the guitar's tone to come through clearly whether playing acousticly or plugged-in. The location of the sensors enables a more dynamic range of acoustic sound to be captured than ever before while playing plugged-in. Together with Taylor’s custom-designed “professional audio”-grade preamp, this system produces exceptional amplified tone and responsiveness. On stage through a PA, plugged into your favorite acoustic amplifier, or direct into recording software, the Expression System 2 faithfully conveys the voice of your Taylor guitar. The Taylor Expression System 2 operates through a proprietary 9-volt battery compartment and easy-to-use volume, and active bass and treble controls.
The Taylor Difference
What sets Taylor Guitars apart? Unmatched build quality, the most stable and playable necks, a vast array of tonal options, eco-conscious and ethically- sourced raw materials, and a lifetime of service and support.
- Performance bracing
- Faux tortoiseshell binding
- 3-ring faux tortoiseshell rosette
- Italian acrylic Gothic Diamonds fretboard inlay
- Honey sunburst top, and shaded edgeburst back, sides and neck
Make this Limited Edition Taylor yours before they're all gone. Order today.
- Body type: Grand Orchestra
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Solid Lutz spruce
- Back and sides: Solid Tasmanian blackwood
- Bracing pattern: Taylor Performance with relief rout
- Body finish: Satin
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Taylor Standard Profile 12-string
- Nut width: 1.87" (47.6 mm)
- Fingerboard: West African Ebony
- Neck wood: Tropical mahogany with ebony backstrap
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Behind-the-saddle transducer with Adjustable Sensors
- Preamp EQ: 2-band
- Feedback filter: Phase
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: West African ebony
- Tuning machines: Taylor nickel with nickel buttons
- Bridge: West African ebony
- Saddle and nut: Micarta "Wave"/TUSQ
- Number of strings: 12
- Special features:
- Case: Deluxe hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.