- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Taylor 416ce Grand Symphony Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- L29993 000001000 L29993000001000
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Though they've been a staple of the Taylor line for years, Taylor's ovangkol 400 Series guitars, like this 416ce Grand Symphony acoustic-electric, co...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Wide, dynamic tone paired with proprietary electronics and a comfortable body design.
Though they've been a staple of the Taylor line for years, Taylor's ovangkol 400 Series guitars, like this 416ce Grand Symphony acoustic-electric, continue to be discovered and embraced by players, thanks in part to a compelling full-range tone profile that's comparable to rosewood. Ovangkol's natural tonal breadth and dynamic range fit many different playing applications and body styles. An all-gloss body adds a burnished complexion that ties ovangkol's toasted golden color tones together with the buttery Sitka spruce top. The 416ce Grand Symphony ships in a deluxe hardshell case made by Taylor for optimal fit and protection.
Compared to the Taylor Grand Auditorium, the Grand Symphony has a bigger, rounder lower bout and slightely wider "waist" area, and the bigger sound board (top) means more tonal output. Expect a meaty lower midrange and strong treble shimmer. A GS is best if you want a guitar with a robust low end, strong volume when strumming or flatpicking, and clear articulation in response to light fingerpicking attack.
A guitar's top is the primary filter and distributor of vibrating string energy through the guitar, which means it has a huge impact on its sound. Sitka Spruce is the most prevalent guitar top wood of the modern era. It blends stiffness and elasticity in just the right proportions which translates into broad dynamic range with crisp articulation. Solid ovangkol back and sides complement the top with a sound that's comparable to rosewood. Ovangkol is an African relative of rosewood that shares a wide tonal spectrum from lows to highs, but with a slightly fuller midrange and a bright treble that resembles koa.
Taylor's ES2 is a revolutionary pickup design that delivers the latest in Taylor’s ongoing innovation in acoustic guitar amplification. The heart of the Expression System 2 is Taylor’s patented behind-the-saddle pickup, which features three uniquely positioned and individually calibrated pickup sensors. Because the pickup doesn't sit under the saddle, the bottom of the saddle comes in full contact with the bridge, allowing all the nuance of the guitar's tone to come through clearly whether playing acousticly or plugged-in. The location of the sensors enables a more dynamic range of acoustic sound to be captured than ever before while playing plugged-in. Together with Taylor’s custom-designed “professional audio”-grade preamp, this system produces exceptional amplified tone and responsiveness. On stage through a PA, plugged into your favorite acoustic amplifier, or direct into recording software, the Expression System 2 faithfully conveys the voice of your Taylor guitar. The Taylor Expression System 2 operates through a proprietary 9-volt battery compartment and easy-to-use volume, and active bass and treble controls.
The Taylor Difference
What sets Taylor Guitars apart? Unmatched build quality, the most stable and playable necks, a vast array of tonal options, eco-conscious and ethically-sourced raw materials, and a lifetime of service and support.
- Elixir Phosphor Bronze Medium strings
- Tortoise pickguard
- White body binding
- White fretboard binding/edge treatment
- Three-ring plastic rosette
- Black plastic truss rod cover
- 4 mm dot Italian acrylic fingerboard inlays
- Scarf type neck joint
- Taylor Colorcore peghead logo
Make this Taylor yours with a quick click or call today.
- Body type: Grand Symphony
- Cutaway: Venetian
- Top wood: Solid Sitka spruce
- Back and sides: Solid Ovangkol
- Bracing pattern: Taylor Performance (Standard III with relief rout)
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Taylor Standard Profile
- Nut width: 1.75" (44.45 mm)
- Fingerboard: Genuine West African ebony
- Neck wood: Tropical mahogany
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Behind-the-saddle transducer with Adjustable Sensors
- Preamp EQ: 2-band
- Feedback filter: Phase
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: Genuine West African ebony
- Tuning machines: Taylor Nickel
- Bridge: Genuine West African ebony
- Saddle and nut: Micarta "Wave"/TUSQ
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features:
- Case: Deluxe hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.