- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Taylor 700 Series 712ce-N Grand Concert Acoustic-Electric Nylon String Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J46558 000002000 J46558000002000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Taylor 712ce-N showcases an inspiring tonal and visual makeover. The result is a bolder musical voice with a refreshed visual aesthetic that...Click To Read More About This Product
A comfortable body size and neck width with high-performance electronics.
The Taylor 712ce-N showcases an inspiring tonal and visual makeover. The result is a bolder musical voice with a refreshed visual aesthetic that blends rootsy appeal with warm, wood-rich details to give the series a distinctive musical personality. Tonal upgrades include a switch from Sitka spruce to Lutz spruce, which produces a powerful tonal response comparable to older, high- grade Adirondack spruce, and gives players a higher volume ceiling. Two other tone-enhancing refinements include Taylor’s new Performance bracing and the use of protein glue for the bracing and bridge. Together with the Lutz top they optimize the tonal response, capturing all of rosewood’s classic richness and strengthening the fundamental focus.
These guitars promise to give back to players everything they put in and then some. New appointment details include non-figured koa binding; a 3-ring herringbone-style rosette featuring mirrored, bias-cut Douglas fir with maple/black trim; top edge trim of bias-cut end-grain Douglas fir with maple/black accents; a new “Reflections” fretboard inlay in pale green abalone; and a new weathered brown pickguard with a matte finish. A new Western sunburst top option is also available, adding an earthy honey-brown complexion for a darker vintage look.
All 700 Series instruments ship in a deluxe hard shell case made by Taylor for optimal fit and protection. One of the alluring traits of a nylon-string guitar is the way its tonal character can instantly change the complexion of any song. This makes a nylon an indispensable tool for songwriting, recording and performance, letting you weave a different flavor or rhythmic texture into your music.
Taylor's Grand Concert is slightly smaller that its Grand Auditorium and yields controlled overtones, so the sound won't occupy a lot of sonic space. This is often a key consideration when other instruments are in the mix, such as in a performance or recording environment, and it allows the guitar to be heard more clearly. Its intimate size makes it lap/couch-friendly, and a great fit for players who find smaller instruments more physically comfortable.
A guitar's top is the primary filter and distributor of vibrating string energy through the guitar, which means it has a huge impact on its sound. Lutz Spruce is a naturally occurring hybrid of Sitka and White spruce. Sitka is the most prevalent guitar top wood of the modern era because it blends stiffness and elasticity in just the right proportions which translates into broad dynamic range with crisp articulation. Lutz spruce takes these attributes and blends them with those of White and Engelmann spruce, with an end result resembling old Adirondack spruce.
When combined with Taylor's bracing architecture, guitars are more powerful, richer and louder than before. Solid Indian rosewood back and sides complement the Lutz top with sound that's made it one of the most popular tone woods ever. Rosewood produces the strongest bass response among the tone woods commonly used for guitars, with a slightly scooped midrange. Rosewood's sweeping frequency range - deep lows that assert a throaty growl with sparkling highs - rings out with bell-like, high-fidelity clarity. It yields a full-range acoustic voice with complex overtones and extended sustain.
The ES-N is a single-source, under-saddle transducer, but the preamp design and tone controls were customized to complement the nylon-string voice. Taylor's standard ES control knobs (Volume, Treble and Bass) enable plenty of tone-shaping while preserving the natural design aesthetic
- Guitar size: Concert (Length 19-1/2", Width 15")
- Cutaway: No
- Body type: Taylor Grand Concert
- Body depth: 4-3/8 in.
- Top wood: Solid Lutz Spruce
- Back & sides: Solid Indian Rosewood
- Bracing pattern: Taylor Nylon Bracing with Relief Rout
- Body finish: Gloss 6.0
- Orientation: Right-Handed
- Nut width: 1 7/8" (47.6mm)
- Neck Shape: Taylor Standard Nylon Profile
- Neck Wood: Tropical Mahogany
- Joint: Taylor Neck
- Fingerboard: Genuine African Ebony
- Scale length: 25-1/2"
- Number of frets: 17
- Truss rod: Yes
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: ES-N
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Under-Saddle Piezo
- Preamp EQ: Volume, Treble, Bass
- Notch filter: No
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: Genuine African Ebony
- Tuning machines: Nickel Classical Tuners with Pearloid Buttons
- Rosette: Douglas Fir Herringbone-Style, 3-ring
- Bridge: Genuine African Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Micarta, Tusq
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features: 20" Fingerboard Radius; Neck and Body Join at 12th Fret
- Case: Deluxe Taylor Hard Shell Case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: USA
Enjoy signature Taylor tone and playability. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.