- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Taylor 814ce V-Class Grand Auditorium Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L78743 000001000 L78743000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The essence of the Taylor playing experience lives within the rosewood/spruce 800 Series V-Class guitars, and the 814ce is no exception. With the deb...Click To Read More About This Product
A rosewood/spruce pairing with top-of-the-line Taylor innovations.
The essence of the Taylor playing experience lives within the rosewood/spruce 800 Series V-Class guitars, and the 814ce is no exception. With the debut of its comprehensive redesign in 2014, master guitar designer Andy Powers took what was already Taylor’s flagship series and deployed an array of voicing refinements to bring out another level of musicality. Taking these enhancements one step farther with Taylor's innovative V-Class bracing, these elements deliver much more than the sum of their parts. For everyone from pros to hobbyists, they make the playing experience more expressive, inspiring and fun. The volume, the sustain, the "in-tune-ness" of the instrument and its high-fidelity sonic detail all combine to deliver a new level of player experience. To add a level of comfort, the 800 Series includes a Radius Armrest for added comfort and playability. An easy-to-use Taylor ES2 Expression System rounds out the instrument to provide faithful reproduction of tone and performance. The 814ce ships in a Taylor deluxe hardshell case for optimal fit and protection.
A Taylor original, the Grand Auditorium helped establish the Taylor acoustic sound. The popular body shape is a versatile guitar that responds to light fingerpicking, medium strumming and fingerstyle playing with a clear, balanced sound across the tonal spectrum. If you want a great all-purpose guitar, the GA is an excellent choice.
Sitka Spruce is the most prevalent guitar top wood of the modern era. It blends the right amount of stiffness and elasticity to create a crisp tone with a wide dynamic range. Solid Indian rosewood back and sides complement the Sitka top with sound that's made it one of the most popular wood combinations for the acoustic guitar. Indian rosewood produces the strongest bass response among tonewoods commonly used for guitars, with a slightly scooped midrange. Indian rosewood's sweeping frequency range - deep lows that assert a throaty growl with sparkling highs - rings out with bell-like, high-fidelity clarity. It yields a full-range acoustic voice with complex overtones and extended sustain.
Taylor's V-Class bracing is a groundbreaking innovation in the world of acoustic guitar design. It is essentially a "sonic engine" that optimizes the response of an acoustic guitar in three key ways: by boosting volume, sustain, and by largely resolving the intonation (in-tune-ness) issues that have long plagued acoustic guitars. V-Class bracing creates purer, more orderly notes that don't cancel each other out. Because of V-Class bracing, notes have clearer, more consistent response, and the whole fretboard is brought into greater auditory alignment for an improved musical experience. Guitars with V-Class bracing are easier to tune; the pitch sounds purer and more solid, and electronic tuners can more easily locate notes for quick, precise tuning. Other benefits: uniform harmonics ring down the neck, louder projection and sustain, and more evenness across the entire fingerboard.
Taylor's ES2 is a revolutionary pickup design that delivers the latest in Taylor’s ongoing innovation in acoustic guitar amplification. The heart of the Expression System 2 is Taylor’s patented behind-the-saddle pickup, which features three uniquely positioned and individually calibrated pickup sensors. Because the pickup doesn't sit under the saddle, the bottom of the saddle comes in full contact with the bridge, allowing all the nuance of the guitar's tone to come through clearly whether playing acoustically or plugged-in. The location of the sensors enables a more dynamic range of acoustic sound to be captured while playing plugged-in. Together with Taylor’s custom-designed “professional audio”-grade preamp, this system produces exceptional amplified tone and responsiveness. On stage through a PA, plugged into your favorite acoustic amplifier, or direct into recording software, the Expression System 2 faithfully conveys the voice of your Taylor guitar. The Taylor Expression System 2 operates through a proprietary 9-volt battery compartment and easy-to-use volume, and active bass and treble controls.
Premium features on the 814ce include a Radius Armrest, Indian rosewood pickguard and top edge trim. The 814ce also has a single ring abalone rosette edged with rosewood, mother-of-pearl peghead and "Element" fingerboard inlay, hard rock maple binding (non-figured) on the body and soundhole, and West African ebony bridge pins with green abalone dots.
An enhanced playing experience delivers everything a Taylor guitar has to offer. Order your 814ce acoustic-electric today.
- Body type: Taylor Grand Auditorium
- Cutaway: Yes - Venetian
- Top wood: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back & sides: Solid Indian Rosewood
- Bracing pattern: Taylor V-Class Bracing with Relief Rout
- Body finish: Gloss 3.5 Top, Back and Sides
- Orientation: Right-Handed
- Neck shape: Taylor Standard Profile
- Nut width: 1-3/4" (44.5mm)
- Fingerboard: Genuine Smoky West African Ebony
- Neck wood: Tropical Mahogany
- Scale length: 25-1/2"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Expression System 2 Professional Audio-Grade
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Behind-the-Saddle Transducer with Adjustable Sensors
- Preamp EQ: Volume, Active Bass and Treble
- Feedback filter: Onboard Phase Switch
- Tuner: None
- Headstock overlay: Genuine West African Ebony
- Tuning machines: Taylor Smoked Nickel Tuners with Smoked Nickel Buttons
- Bridge: Genuine West African Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Micarta "Wave" Saddle; Black Graphite Nut
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features: Radius Armrest, V-Class Bracing, MOP Element Inlay, Bound Soundhole, Indian Rosewood Pickguard
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hard Shell Case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: USA
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.