- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Taylor Baby Taylor Mahogany Left-Handed Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- H79550 000001000 H79550000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Conceived as a starter guitar for kids, the lovable Baby Taylor has maintained its enduring appeal in part by being a legitimate musical instrument t...Click To Read More About This Product
The dark, warm tone of a solid mahogany top on a 3/4-scale travel/children's guitar.
Conceived as a starter guitar for kids, the lovable Baby Taylor has maintained its enduring appeal in part by being a legitimate musical instrument that anyone can enjoy. The three-quarter-size Dreadnought helped touring musicians like Taylor Swift sketch new musical ideas on the road, and it's been a reliable musical accomplice for travelers seeking inspiration while trekking the world. All Baby Taylor models ship with a durable travel-worthy gig bag made by Taylor for optimal fit and protection.
A guitar's top is the primary filter and distributor of vibrating string energy through the guitar, which means it has a huge impact on its sound. Mahogany is a hardwood that produces a natural compression, yielding more "roll-in" effect to a note. The compression evens out a lively attack for a more linear response. Mahogany tops deliver strong fundamentals with clear and direct focus. The arched back of the guitar generates more sound from a small-bodied instrument, and using layered wood back and sides create a sturdy yet receptive platform for the vibrating string energy sent by the guitar's top. Layered wood is less susceptible to changes in temperature and humidity, making it an excellent choice for players who travel with their instruments or simply require more durability.
What sets Taylor Guitars apart? Unmatched build quality, the most stable and playable necks, a vast array of tonal options, eco-conscious and ethically-sourced raw materials, and a lifetime of service and support.
- Body type: Dreadnought 3/4th-Scale
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Solid Mahogany
- Back & sides: Layered Sapele
- Bracing pattern: Taylor Standard Baby X-Bracing
- Body finish: Matte 2.0
- Orientation: Left-Handed
- Neck shape: Taylor Standard Baby Profile
- Nut width: 1 11/16" (42.8mm)
- Fingerboard: Genuine African Ebony
- Neck wood: Sapele
- Scale length: 22-3/4"
- Number of frets: 19
- Neck finish: Matte 2.0
- Pickup/preamp: None
- Headstock overlay: Lexan
- Tuning machines: Chrome Baby Tuners and Buttons
- Bridge: Genuine African Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Nubone
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features: n/a
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Baby Gig Bag
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: Taylor Guitars Factory, Tecate, Mexico
This is the little guitar that could. Order now and get started on a genuine Taylor guitar!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.