Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT(12/2 only) 6 AM - 7 PM PT
SUN(12/3 only) 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Taylor Builder's Edition 717 Grand Pacific Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar Wild Honey Bursttrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Style: Wild Honey Burst
Shop by Serial Number:
- Free Shipping
- Top Seller
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
An exclusive Taylor round shoulder dreadnought design with V-Class bracing that produces a warm, seasoned tone.
V-Class bracing helps create an even clearer delineation between the tonal character of each wood. Sitka Spruce is the most prevalent guitar top wood of the modern era. It blends stiffness and elasticity in just the right proportions which translates into broad dynamic range with crisp articulation. The Sitka spruce top on this 717 Grand Pacific features a special seasoning process called "torrefaction," a method of roasting the wood to produce an aged tonal character with greater acoustic resonance and responsiveness. Rosewood, as a general rule, imparts a sound that can be described as "wet" and lives near the other end of the spectrum from mahogany. Rosewood produces a unique harmonic complexity because it doesn’t damp or mute any of the string’s own harmonic content, and even adds some of its own. So every note played has a thick, rich, luxurious character. It almost feels as if there's a little bit of reverb in it.
Taylor's V-Class bracing is a fundamental innovation in acoustic guitar design. It marks an important evolution beyond traditional X-bracing, introducing an entirely new platform for acoustic performance. It is essentially a "sonic engine" that optimizes the response of an acoustic guitar in three key ways: by boosting volume, sustain, and by largely resolving the intonation (in-tune-ness) issues that have long plagued acoustic guitars. V-Class bracing creates purer, more orderly notes that don't cancel each other out or sound "off". They have clearer, more consistent response, and the whole fretboard is brought into greater sonic alignment for a more musical playing/listening experience. Guitars with V-Class bracing are easier to tune; the pitch sounds purer and more solid, and electronic tuners can more easily locate notes for quick, precise tuning. Other benefits: harmonics ring more uniformly down the neck, notes are louder with more projection and sustain, and notes are more consistent, i.e., upper register notes don't get choked out or swallowed. Fewer "sour" sonic qualities exist with chords; a more agreeable relationship is created between notes as they ripen, bloom and decay.
The Taylor Difference
What sets Taylor Guitars apart? Unmatched build quality, the most stable and playable necks, a vast array of tonal options, eco-conscious and ethically-sourced raw materials, and a lifetime of service and support.
- Exclusive round shoulder dreadnought created by Master Luthier Andy Powers in 2019
- V-Class bracing for better in-tuneness, sustain, projection
- Beveled body edges
- Mother-of-pearl peghead and fretboard inlays
- Special "Country Western" deluxe hardshell case
Experience a Grand Pacific yourself. Order today.
Builder's Edition 717 Grand Pacific Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar Specifications:Body
- Body type: Round Shoulder dreadnought
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Solid torrified Sitka spruce
- Back and sides: Solid Indian rosewood
- Bracing pattern: V-Class
- Body finish: Satin
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Taylor Grand Pacific Compound Carve
- Nut width: 1.75" (44.45 mm)
- Fingerboard: Genuine West African ebony
- Neck wood: Tropical mahogany
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: No
- Headstock overlay: Genuine West African ebony
- Tuning machines: Nickel tuners with nickel buttons
- Bridge: Genuine West African ebony
- Saddle and nut: Micarta "wave"/Graphite nut
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features:
- Case: Taylor Deluxe hardshell "Country Western" case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.