- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Taylor Custom Grand Orchestra #11093 A-Grade Koa Acoustic-Electric Guitar
Shaded Edge Burst
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L53747 000001000 L53747000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
This Custom Taylor Grand Orchestra model was originally presented at the 2019 NAMM show in Anaheim, California, where Taylor displays its most ornate...Click To Read More About This Product
Custom one-off from NAMM 2019 showroom floor with beautiful appointments and great Taylor tone.
This Custom Taylor Grand Orchestra model was originally presented at the 2019 NAMM show in Anaheim, California, where Taylor displays its most ornate, exotic and unique custom instruments. The special features of this all-koa (body) instrument include: bloodwood binding, Roman Leaf rosette, Ocean Vine inlay on fingerboard, peghead and bridge, bone bridge pins and Florentine cutaway. Note this guitar is the matching companion of Custom #11094, Taylor Grand Orchestra 12-String (sold separately).
The Grand Orchestra is Taylor’s biggest, deepest body shape and delivers the richest, most complex voice. It's incredibly balanced for a big-bodied acoustic guitar. Specially braced to respond to a light touch, the Grand Orchestra is a good fit for players who want the richest, most powerful acoustic voice, for players who like a voluptuous, Jumbo- size guitar, and for solo performers looking for an expansive palette of sonic colors and textures.
A guitar's top is the primary filter and distributor of vibrating string energy through the guitar, which means it has a huge impact on its sound. Think of the top as a speaker driver. It's also one reason why the sounboard bracing architecture is important - it helps orchestrate the movement of the top and the voice of the instrument. The back and sides help flavor the overall sound. Koa is a fairly dense tropical hardwood with a strong midrange focus similar to mahogany, with a bit of extra top-end brightness and chime. The more koa is played and has a chance to open up - especially when the back and sides are also solid koa - it promises to grow warmer and sweeter, especially in the midrange.
Taylor's ES2 is a revolutionary pickup design that delivers the latest in Taylor’s ongoing innovation in acoustic guitar amplification. The heart of the Expression System 2 is Taylor’s patented behind-the-saddle pickup, which features three uniquely positioned and individually calibrated pickup sensors. Because the pickup doesn't sit under the saddle, the bottom of the saddle comes in full contact with the bridge, allowing all the nuance of the guitar's tone to come through clearly whether playing acousticly or plugged-in. The location of the sensors enables a more dynamic range of acoustic sound to be captured than ever before while playing plugged-in. Together with Taylor’s custom-designed “professional audio”-grade preamp, this system produces exceptional amplified tone and responsiveness. On stage through a PA, plugged into your favorite acoustic amplifier, or direct into recording software, the Expression System 2 faithfully conveys the voice of your Taylor guitar. The Taylor Expression System 2 operates through a proprietary 9-volt battery compartment and easy-to-use volume, and active bass and treble controls.
The Taylor Difference
What sets Taylor Guitars apart? Unmatched build quality, the most stable, playable and serviceable necks, a vast array of tonal options, eco-conscious and ethically-sourced raw materials, and a lifetime of service and support.
- Custom one-off from NAMM 2019 showroom floor
- Bloodwood binding
- Roman Leaf rosette
- Ocean Vine inlay on fingerboard, peghead and bridge
- Bone bridge pins
- Florentine cutaway
Make this one-of-a-kind, your one and only. Order today.
- Body type: Grand Orchestra
- Cutaway: Florentine
- Top wood: Solid Grade-A koa
- Back and sides: Solid Grade-A koa
- Bracing pattern: Performance bracing
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Standard carve
- Nut width: 1.75" (44.45 mm)
- Fingerboard: Genuine West African ebony
- Neck wood: Solid mahogany
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Behind-the-saddle transducer with Adjustable Sensors
- Preamp EQ: 2-band
- Feedback filter: Phase
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: West African ebony
- Tuning machines: Gotoh 21:1 Antique gold with Antique gold buttons
- Bridge: Genuine West African ebony
- Saddle and nut: Bone /micarta
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features:
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.