- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Taylor Custom Walnut Grand Symphony 12-String Acoustic-Electric Guitar
Shaded Edge Burst
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L75058 000001000 L75058000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Using the bigger body of the Grand Symphony, Taylor created this Custom Walnut Grand Symphony 12-String acoustic-electric to breed a unique voice. Th...Click To Read More About This Product
Beautifully appointed with bloodwood with the exceptional tonal balance of walnut.
Using the bigger body of the Grand Symphony, Taylor created this Custom Walnut Grand Symphony 12-String acoustic-electric to breed a unique voice. The Grand Symphony body produces a deep, bold voice, that translates into a dynamic instrument that is perfect for a 12-string guitar. By using walnut for the body, the harmonic frequencies were dialed in to add a little bit of warmth and texture to the sound. This is an instrument that is truly unique, and truly Taylor. Other premium custom features include a bloodwood beveled armrest, bloodwood binding, Dove on A Branch peghead inlay, bloodwood wings fingerboard inlay, single-ring bloodwood rosette, wood fiber inlays, Gotoh luxury chrome tuners and a shaded edge burst. Standard specs include a 25-1/2” scale length, a 1-7/8” nut width, a Venetian cutaway and ES2 electronics.
The instrument includes a Taylor hardshell case.
Taylor's Grand Symphony shape features a slightly bigger footprint than their Grand Auditorium. The larger body translates into a louder voice with deeper lows and thicker trebles, making it a lively picker and strummer. The GS has a powerful, dynamic voice that responds to a light touch, as well as an aggressive flatpicking technique.
Walnut is a little less dense than mahogany, but is similar in stiffness to Indian rosewood. Walnut produces excellent balance, with tonal characteristics that fall between mahogany and rosewood. The treble frequencies have a warm, earthy quality that blend well in a variety of musical applications. Another usage of walnut is for larger guitars where players prefer a warmer tone with some balance articulation for flatpicking.
Taylor's V-Class bracing is a fundamental innovation in acoustic guitar design. It marks an important evolution beyond traditional X bracing, introducing an entirely new platform for acoustic performance. It is essentially a "sonic engine" that optimizes the response of an acoustic guitar in three key ways: by boosting volume, sustain, and by largely resolving the intonation (in-tune-ness) issues that have long plagued acoustic guitars. V-Class bracing creates purer, more orderly notes that don't cancel each other out or sound "off". They have clearer, more consistent response, and the whole fretboard is brought into greater sonic alignment for a more musical playing/listening experience. Guitars with V-Class bracing are easier to tune; the pitch sounds purer and more solid, and electronic tuners can more easily locate notes for quick, precise tuning. Other benefits: harmonics ring more uniformly down the neck, notes are louder with more projection and sustain, and notes are more consistent, i.e., upper register notes don't get choked out or swallowed. Fewer "sour" sonic qualities exist with chords; a more agreeable relationship is created between notes as they ripen, bloom and decay.
Taylor's ES2 is a revolutionary pickup design that delivers the latest in Taylor’s ongoing innovation in acoustic guitar amplification. The heart of the Expression System 2 is Taylor’s patented behind-the-saddle pickup, which features three uniquely positioned and individually calibrated pickup sensors. Because the pickup doesn't sit under the saddle, the bottom of the saddle comes in full contact with the bridge, allowing all the nuance of the guitar's tone to come through clearly whether playing acoustically or plugged-in. The location of the sensors enables a more dynamic range of acoustic sound to be captured than ever before while playing plugged-in. Together with Taylor’s custom-designed “professional audio”-grade preamp, this system produces exceptional amplified tone and responsiveness. On stage through a PA, plugged into your favorite acoustic amplifier, or direct into recording software, the Expression System 2 faithfully conveys the voice of your Taylor guitar. The Taylor Expression System 2 operates through a proprietary 9-volt battery compartment and easy-to-use volume, and active bass and treble controls.
The Taylor Difference What sets Taylor Guitars apart? Unmatched build quality, the most stable and playable necks, a vast array of tonal options, eco-conscious and ethically-sourced raw materials, and a lifetime of service and support.
- Bloodwood binding
- Bloodwood beveled armrest
- Custom Dove on A Branch mother of pearl/shell
- Peghead inlay
- Bloodwood fingerboard with wings inlay pattern
- Wood fiber inlays
- Single-ring bloodwood rosette
- Hide glue construction
Order this special model today before it's gone.
- Body type: Taylor Grand Symphony
- Cutaway: Yes - Venetian
- Top wood: Walnut
- Back & sides: Walnut
- Bracing pattern: V-Class Bracing with Relief Rout
- Body finish: Gloss Top, Back and Sides
- Orientation: Right-Handed
- Neck shape: Standard Taylor Profile
- Nut width: 1-7/8" (47.6 mm)
- Fingerboard: Genuine West African Ebony
- Neck wood: Neo-Tropical Mahogany
- Scale length: 25-1/2"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Expression System 2 Professional Audio-Grade
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Behind-the-Saddle Transducer with Adjustable Sensors
- Preamp EQ: Volume, Active Bass and Treble
- Feedback filter: Onboard Phase Switch
- Tuner: None
- Headstock overlay: Genuine West African Ebony
- Tuning machines: Gotoh Luxury Chrome with Chrome Buttons
- Bridge: Genuine West African Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Micarta Saddle; White Tusq Nut
- Number of strings: 12
- Special features: Bloodwood Binding, Bloodwood Beveled Armrest, Custom Dove on A Branch Mother of Pearl/ Shell Peghead Inlay, Bloodwood Fingerboard with Wings Inlay Pattern, Wood Fiber Inlays, Single Ring Bloodwood Rosette, Hide Glue Construction
- Case: Taylor hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: USA
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.