- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Taylor GS Mini-e Koa Plus Acoustic-Electric Guitar
Shaded Edge Burst
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L73864 000001000 L73864000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
There’s always been plenty to love about the scaled-down size of a Taylor GS Mini. What Musician’s Friend loves about this Grand Symphony Mini-e is t...Click To Read More About This Product
ES2 electronics upgrade this koa wood GS mini.
There’s always been plenty to love about the scaled-down size of a Taylor GS Mini. What Musician’s Friend loves about this Grand Symphony Mini-e is the koa wood construction. As a Taylor Plus model, this GS Mini koa acoustic-electric has plenty of enhanced features, too. From ES2 electronics to the shaded edge burst finish, we known you’ll really enjoy playing this Taylor GS Mini-e Koa Plus.
Koa wood builds beautiful toneThis Taylor GS Mini-e Plus is made with a solid koa top and layered koa back and sides. The solid top produces natural compression that evens out a lively attack for a balanced response. Players will find it has a controlled “roll-in” effect to the notes. Like mahogany guitars, the koa top gives you clear and direct focus, but offers a shimmer and chime to the tone. Putting the layered koa wood on the back and sides creates a sturdy platform for the vibrating string energy from the guitar top. Finished with a shaded edge burst, this is a striking koa wood acoustic-electric.
Taylor ES2 electronics add nuanceTaylor’s Expression System 2 features their patented behind-the-saddle pickup. The pickup features three individually calibrated pickup sensors, which lets you capture more dynamic range, especially when playing plugged-in. The bottom of the saddle comes in direct contact with the bridge, which lets all the great tone of this acoustic-electric come through.
Shorter scale, premium hardware and more to loveAlong with the scaled-down GS body, Taylor shortened the scale to 23.5” on this GS Mini-e. This shortened scale makes it much easier to form chords while adding snap and tuning stability. You’ll get even more tuning stability with Taylor’s 18:1 nickel tuners. Other features of this Taylor GS Mini-e Plus include a copafera headstock overlay, Micarta “wave” saddle and NuBone nut.
A Taylor you can take anywhereSince its debut, the Taylor Mini has been a go-to for players looking for a portable acoustic-electric that doesn’t sacrifice on tone and playability. This GS Mini-e Koa Plus delivers exactly that with beautiful, varnish-finished koa wood paired with Taylor’s ES2 electronics. The upgraded shaded edge burst seals the deal for us at Musician’s Friend — it’s an acoustic-electric we love looking at as much as we love playing.
- Solid koa top with layered koa back and sides make the tone shine
- Premium Taylor ES2 electronics amplifies tone and response
- Shorter scale length makes it easier to form chords
- Scaled-down Grand Symphony body is ready to travel anywhere
Play your favorite Taylor tones wherever you go. Order yours today.
- Body type: Taylor Grand Symphony Mini
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Solid Hawaiian Koa
- Back & sides: Layered Koa
- Bracing pattern: GS Mini With Relief Rout
- Body finish: Varnish
- Orientation: Right-handed
- Neck shape: Taylor GS Mini Profile
- Nut width: 1-11/16" (42.8 mm)
- Fingerboard: Genuine African Ebony
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Scale length: 23-1/2"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Varnish
- Pickup/preamp: Expression System 2 Professional Audio-Grade
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Behind-the-Saddle Transducer with Adjustable Sensors
- Preamp EQ: Volume, Active Bass and Treble
- Feedback filter: Onboard Phase Switch
- Tuner: None
- Headstock overlay: Copafera
- Tuning machines: Taylor 18:1 Nickel Tuners
- Bridge: Genuine West African Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Micarta "Wave" Saddle; Nubone Nut
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features: Taylor Neck with West African Ebony Fretboard
- Case: Taylor AeroCase
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: Taylor Mexico Factory
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.