Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Taylor 2021 GTe Urban Ash Grand Theater Acoustic-Electric Guitar Naturaltrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Top Seller
- Flexible Financing
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
An innovative acoustic-electric with a comfortable size and full tone.
The enormous popularity of the GS Mini over the last decade informed the design of the Grand Theater. Rather than pursuing a better GS Mini, Taylor master luthier Andy Powers designed a new guitar entirely: different body and neck dimensions, with new bracing, made with solid wood. It preserves the playing comfort of a smaller guitar while also producing a fuller-sounding voice. And its compact form makes it ultra-responsive to a light touch. Between the unique body dimensions, scale length, nut width and bracing, it introduces not just a new body style, but a new guitar category in both feel and sound.
First introduced on Taylor’s Builder’s Edition 324ce, urban ash is a tonewood Taylor has embraced both for its sustainability and tone. Responsibly sourced from Shamel ash trees in need of removal from municipal areas in Southern California, its tonal properties rival those of high-quality Honduran mahogany, serving up a pleasing midrange warmth.
Together with C-Class bracing and the compact dimensions of the body and neck, the spruce top is responsive to a light touch yet capable of impressive tonal output, offering players a dynamic and expressive musical palette to explore.
The GT gives Taylor a platform to introduce another fretboard wood, eucalyptus, that offers great potential alongside ebony. Its comparable weight and density are ideal for holding frets, and Taylor is able to source it responsibly either from plantation-grown trees or through its Urban Forestry initiative with West Coast Arborists, Inc., in Southern California.
The GT sports a new Taylor bracing system called C-Class bracing. The “C” is for "cantilevered". This bracing architecture borrows some of the functional benefits of Taylor’s V-Class bracing, including more stability, yielding impressive volume, sustain and intonation that sonically helps the guitar punch above its weight and sing with clarity and balance across the tonal spectrum.
Taylor's ES2 is a revolutionary pickup design that delivers the latest in Taylor’s acoustic guitar amplification. The heart of the Expression System 2 is Taylor’s patented behind-the-saddle pickup, which features three uniquely positioned and individually calibrated pickup sensors. Because the pickup doesn't sit under the saddle, the bottom of the saddle comes in full contact with the bridge, allowing all the natural characteristics of the guitar's tone to come through clearly and evenly, whether your playing acoustically or amplifying the sound of the guitar. The position of the sensors enables a more dynamic range of acoustic sound to be captured when plugged-in.
Combined with Taylor’s custom-designed “professional audio”-grade preamp, this system produces exceptional amplified tone and responsiveness. Whether you plug into a PA, your favorite acoustic amplifier, or direct into recording software, the Expression System 2 faithfully conveys the voice of your Taylor guitar. If you want to adjust your sound, you can color it with easy-to-use volume, and active bass and treble controls. The Taylor Expression System 2 is powered by a proprietary 9-volt battery compartment.
Comfortable feel, full tone. Order your Taylor Grand Theater Urban Ash acoustic-electric today.
2021 GTe Urban Ash Grand Theater Acoustic-Electric Guitar Specifications:Body
- Body type: Taylor Grand Theater
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Solid Spruce
- Back & sides: Solid Urban Ash
- Bracing pattern: C-Class
- Body finish: Thin Matte
- Orientation: Right-handed
- Neck shape: GT Neck Shape
- Nut width: 1-23/32" (43.6 mm)
- Fingerboard: Eucalyptus
- Neck wood: Neo-Tropical Mahogany
- Scale length: 24-1/8"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Matte
- Pickup/preamp: Expression System 2 Professional Audio-Grade
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Behind-the-Saddle Transducer with Adjustable Sensors
- Preamp EQ: Volume, Active Bass and Treble
- Feedback filter: Onboard Phase Switch
- Tuner: None
- Headstock overlay: Smoked Eucalyptus
- Tuning machines: Taylor Nickel Tuners
- Bridge: Smoked Eucalyptus
- Saddle & nut: Micarta "Wave" Saddle; Tusq Black
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features: C-Class Bracing Pattern, 3-ring Hawaiian Koa Rosette, Pinnacle Fingerboard Inlay Pattern, Faux tortoise pickguard, Urban Sienna Stain, Black Top purfling, smoked Eucalyptus Headplate
- Case: Taylor AeroCase
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.