- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Taylor PS12ce Grand Concert Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- L00687 000001000 L00687000001000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The dramatically variegated sets of West African ebony selected for the back and sides of Taylor's Presentation Series PS12ce Grand Concert acoustic-...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Eye-catching pairing of highly variegated West African ebony and reclaimed California sinker redwood.
The dramatically variegated sets of West African ebony selected for the back and sides of Taylor's Presentation Series PS12ce Grand Concert acoustic-electric guitar are each unique and always spectacular. Together with the many other finely composed design details that adorn these guitars, Taylor's rich aesthetic forms a vibrant visual symphony that's highlighted by sparkling paua abalone inlays and trim. A hand-sculpted ebony armrest elevate the playing experience in elegant and ergonomic fashion, making an artistic statement about the inspirational nature of thoughtful craftsmanship. The PS12ce Grand Concert is a stunner marrying exotic striped ebony back and sides, supplied by Taylor's ebony mill in Cameroon, with a richly variegated sinker redwood top. The tight-grained top, sliced from old-growth redwood reclaimed from a California river, is infused with an array of colors imparted from the mineral-rich river bed. Sonically, redwood blends the warm overtone complexity of cedar with the attacking power of spruce, while ebony yields some of rosewood’s bell-like fidelity but with the more linear output of maple. Taylor's PS12ce Grand Concert acoustic-electric ships in a Taylor deluxe hardshell case for optimal fit and protection.
Taylor's Grand Concert is slightly smaller that its Grand Auditorium and yields controlled overtones, so the sound won't occupy a lot of sonic space. This is often a key consideration when other instruments are in the mix, such as in a performance or recording environment, and it allows the guitar to be heard more clearly. Its intimate size makes it lap/couch-friendly, and a great fit for players who find smaller instruments more physically comfortable.
A player favorite for its origins, sinker redwood soundboards are sliced from huge old-growth redwood logs reclaimed from the depths of Northern California rivers, where they’ve rested in many cases for more than a century. The tops typically display a rich spectrum of variegation, the result of colors uniquely imparted from silt and the mineral-rich water. The age and size of these trees translates into a tight grain with nice cross-grain stiffness, so it will tend to have a fairly bold response, with a brilliance complemented by warm overtones similar to cedar. In fact, it’s often characterized around the Taylor factory as "cedar on steroids." It's great for players who like the warm overtones of cedar with a little extra brightness and headroom. It looks striking when visually matched with African ebony. African ebony is a dense hardwood that produces a clear, focused sound with good projection and volume. It's characterized by strong bass, lower mids, clear highs and a scooped midrange similar to rosewood. It yields rich overtones that complement slower, softer playing, yet it responds well to aggressive playing. Players' techniques and pick choice come through very clearly.
Taylor's ES2 is a revolutionary pickup design that delivers the latest in Taylor’s ongoing innovation in acoustic guitar amplification. The heart of the Expression System 2 is Taylor’s patented behind-the-saddle pickup, which features three uniquely positioned and individually calibrated pickup sensors. Because the pickup doesn't sit under the saddle, the bottom of the saddle comes in full contact with the bridge, allowing all the nuance of the guitar's tone to come through clearly whether playing acousticly or plugged-in. The location of the sensors enables a more dynamic range of acoustic sound to be captured than ever before while playing plugged-in. Together with Taylor’s custom-designed “professional audio”-grade preamp, this system produces exceptional amplified tone and responsiveness. On stage through a PA, plugged into your favorite acoustic amplifier, or direct into recording software, the Expression System 2 faithfully conveys the voice of your Taylor guitar. The Taylor Expression System 2 operates through a proprietary 9-volt battery compartment and easy-to-use volume, and active bass and treble controls.
The Taylor Difference
What sets Taylor Guitars apart? Unmatched build quality, the most stable and playable necks, a vast array of tonal options, eco-conscious and ethically-sourced raw materials, and a lifetime of service and support.
- Onboard Taylor ES2 electronics
- Top made from exotic striped ebony from Cameroon
- Body made from old-growth redowood reclaimed from California river
- Incudes deluxe hardshell case
Get this beauty today.
- Body type: Grand Concert/OO
- Cutaway: Venetian
- Top wood: Solid Sinker Redwood
- Back and sides: Solids striped West African ebony
- Bracing pattern: CV bracing with relief rout
- Body finish: Gloss 3.5
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Taylor Standard Profile
- Nut width: 1.75 in. (44.45 mm)
- Fingerboard: Genuine West African ebony
- Neck wood: Tropical mahogany with striped west African ebony backstrap
- Scale length: 24.87 in.
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Behind-the-saddle transducer with Adjustable Sensors
- Preamp EQ: 2-band
- Feedback filter: Phase
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: West African ebony
- Tuning machines: Gotoh gold with gold buttons
- Bridge: West African ebony
- Saddle and nut: Bone /Micarta "Wave" saddle
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features: None
- Case: Deluxe hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.