- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Tonedevil Guitars S-12 Symphony Harp Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J50941 000001000 J50941000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The S-12 is the first U.S.A. made all-solid wood production line harp guitar in over 100 years. Simple appointments and regionally harvested tonewood...Click To Read More About This Product
Harp guitar with select tonewoods.
The S-12 is the first U.S.A. made all-solid wood production line harp guitar in over 100 years. Simple appointments and regionally harvested tonewoods produce this great sounding affordable hand crafted instrument. It features a select north Idaho Englemann spruce top, mahogany back/sides and neck, spanish heel neck design, walnut binding, rosewood fret board and bridge, truss rod and a custom passive piezo contact pickup installed. Tuned F-G-A-B-C-D, the bass harp strings can be plucked to bring new voicings to the guitar and they also ring sympathetically adding natural sustain and reverb.
Harp guitars have traditionally been showcase pieces for great luthiers. They are incredible vehicles for displaying wood selection, acoustically engineered lines and cavity shapes, and masterful finish work. All of these categories of expression are present here in this breathtakingly beautiful instrument. It is a wonder to behold and a joy to play. With imaginative tunings, the sympathetic strings in the harp portion of the guitar speak in complex and complimentary ways that can become a part of your musical vocabulary.
Soft case gig bag included.
- Body type: Harp
- Cutaway: Non-cutaway
- Top wood: Engelmann Spruce
- Back & sides: Solid Mahogany
- Bracing pattern: Modified X, slanted back bracing
- Body finish: Satin lacquer
- Orientation: Right handed
- Nut width: 1.875 in. (47.62 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish:
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Configuration: Three-point passive
- Headstock overlay: Rosewood
- Tuning machines: Gotoh 16:1
- Bridge: African Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Bone
- Number of strings: 12-string
- Case: Soft case gig bag
- Accessories: Warranty card, adjustment tools
- Country of origin: United States
- Satin lacquer finish
- Gotoh 16:1 gear ratio professional tuners
- 12 in. radius fingerboard
- 14-fret body
- 4-1/8 in. body depth at tail
- 3-1/8 in. body depth at harp head
- 15-1/2 in. body width at bout
- 41.5 in. overall length of instrument
- Harp String Scale Lengths:
- 33.125 in., 32.25 in., 31.25 in., 30 in., 29 in.
- 25-1/2 in. guitar scale length
- 2-1/4 in. string spacing at saddle
- 1-9/16 in. string spacing at nut
- 1-7/8 in. width at nut
- Setup Specs:
- Low E height @ 12th Fret: ~0.10 in.
- High E height @ 12th Fret: ~0.070 in.
- Low E height @ 1st Fret: ~0.023 in.
- High E height @ 1st Fret: ~0.013 in.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.