- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Wechter Guitars 3101T Pathmaker Thin Line Double Cutaway Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Product 513438
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The 3101T Pathmaker from Wechter is one of the most innovative guitars ever crafted. This thin-line steel string acoustic-electric guitar features a ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A radically re-imagined guitar!
The 3101T Pathmaker from Wechter is one of the most innovative guitars ever crafted. This thin-line steel string acoustic-electric guitar features a patented double cutaway headblock design that allows access to 19 frets clear of the body with the most stable neck joint found on any acoustic-electric guitar today. The Pathmaker unique convex headblock construction with integrated soundhole bracing is stronger than any traditional headblock design, easier to build, more reliable, and visually striking.
Wechter's 3000 Series Pathmakers are the recipient of the Guitar Player Editors' Pick Award and the Guitar One award! The 3000 Series Pathmakers are handmade; the braces are hand-scalloped with a violinmaker's plane. The finish is extremely thin, so the acoustic tone is loud and clear. The necks are slim and access to the frets all the way into the high registers makes this a real user-friendly guitar. The Pathmaker is the guitar to have if you have ever wanted an acoustic that plays like an electric (i.e. low action and ease of playability) without compromising the acoustic tone. The 3000 Series Pathmaker comes with a heavy-duty padded gig bag at no extra charge.
Final setup on all 3000 Series Pathmakers takes place at the Wechter shop in Paw Paw, Michigan. Wechter luthiers open every box, install the electronics, install brand new premium coated strings, adjust the action, adjust the truss rod, bone nut and saddle, file frets and buff the finish if necessary, clean the fingerboard and bridge, polish and carefully repack every guitar, every time. You know that you are getting a guitar that will play the best right out of the box. Wechter guitars come with a lifetime warranty.
Abe Wechter personally travels to Asia several times a year to inspect guitars and works closely with the manufacturers there to assure that Wechter guitars are built with only the best materials and in a properly controlled environment. Abe gave his personal violinmaker's plane to the factory owner and had them copy the design so that now all the workers can hand scallop braces on Pathmaker guitars according to Abe's instructions.
- Patented double cutaway headblock design gives you 19 frets clear of the body and the most stable neck to body joint found on any acoustic guitar today
- Feels like a solid body neck on an acoustic body
- Hand scalloped bracing and thin finish allows the soundboard to respond to the lightest touch for clear and balanced acoustic tone
- Spruce top
- Maple back and sides
- Mahogany neck
- High Gloss Jet Black Finish
- Rosewood bridge and fingerboard
- Reinforced adjustable truss-rod assembly for stable neck action
- Die-cast chrome tuners
- Bound top, back, neck and fingerboard
- Dot position markers on both top and side of fingerboard at 3, 5, 7, 9, 12 (2), 15, 17, 19, 21
- Final setup with Plek Pro and electronics installation in Wechter's Paw Paw, Michigan shop assure that you get a great playing guitar right "out of the box"
- Super heavy-duty padded gig bag included
- Lifetime warranty
- Scale Length: 25-1/2"
- Width at Nut: 1.715"
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number Of Frets Total: 22
- String Spacing At Bridge: 2-1/8"
- Body Depth At Heel: 2-3/4"
- Body Depth At Tailblock: 3"
- Body Width: 15-7/16"