- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Yamaha A-Series AC5R Cutaway Concert Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J51362 000001000 J51362000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The AC5R ARE Concert Cutaway features all-solid rosewood back and sides with hand-selected Sitka spruce top with Yamaha's original A.R.E. wood-torref...Click To Read More About This Product
Flagship model crafted in Japan from solid tonewoods, with sweet appointments and special electronics for a better mix.
The AC5R ARE Concert Cutaway features all-solid rosewood back and sides with hand-selected Sitka spruce top with Yamaha's original A.R.E. wood-torrefaction technology. Natural, dynamic plugged-in tone from the SRT2 pickup system perfectly suits your performance on the stage and the made-in-Japan premium build quality will gratify advanced players' desires.
Powerful Acoustic Sound
A-series guitars are louder and stronger in the low-mid ranges thanks to cutting-edge acoustic analysis technology developed by the Yamaha R&D Division. Their analysis led to the development of a new scalloped bracing for the top board and shorter bracing than normal for the back board.
Also, treating the top board with Yamaha's exclusive A.R.E. (Acoustic Resonance Enhancement) process gives the instrument a rich, vintage quality tone, making it sound as though you'd been playing it for year from the very first moment you pick an A-series guitar up.
From cut-through piezo sound to warm, pure acoustic sound, which sounds like it was recorded with vintage microphones in the professional studio, Yamaha's SRT2 allows you to reproduce a sound that you can really use on stage. With SRT2 you can mix these two sounds to attain the exact balance you want to achieve a distinctive tone.
Comfortable Neck Profile
Taking feedback from extensive research with players, luthiers and guitar techs Yamaha gave A-Series guitars a neck with the feel and playability that today's acoustic-electric players want. Whether switching from electric to acoustic on stage, recording a session with intricate open tunings, or practicing at home, these superb guitars feature a straighter neck taper for easier high-fret playing, and hand-rolled fingerboard edges to achieve a played-in feel.
Simple and Distinctive Looks
The simple, organic design features wood binding and other techniques that capture the warmth of wood. The distinctive shape of the pickguard, a standout appointment when performing, is a revival of the N1000 guitar that Yamaha released in 1975.
- Mahogany and cream body binding
- Rosewood, mahogany, black and white soundhole inlay
- Elixir NANOWEB 80/20 Bronze light strings
- Tortoise pattern pickguard
- Black ABS with white dot bridge pins
Order this classy concert cutaway today.
- Body type: Concert/O
- Cutaway: Single
- Top wood: Solid Sitka spruce A.R.E.
- Back and sides: Solid Rosewood
- Bracing pattern: Scalloped
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Not specified
- Nut width: 1.69 in. (43 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Neck wood: African mahogany
- Scale length: 25.6 in.
- Number of frets:
- Neck finish: Matte
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Yamaha
- Configuration: Behind-the-saddle piezo
- Preamp EQ: 2-band
- Feedback filter: Auto Feedback Reduction (AFR)
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: Ebony
- Tuning machines: Gotoh open gear chrome
- Bridge: Ebony
- Saddle and nut: Tusq
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features: None
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: Hex Wrench, sounnhole cover
- Country of origin: Japan
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.