- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Yamaha FGX3 Red Label Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L55850 000001000 L55850000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Yamaha's FGX3 Red Label is a dreadnought acoustic-electric guitar features an A.R.E. treated solid Sitka spruce top and scalloped top bracing to help...Click To Read More About This Product
An all-solid dreadnought with acoustically enhanced tonewood for old school flavor and specially designed electronics for great live sound.
Yamaha's FGX3 Red Label is a dreadnought acoustic-electric guitar features an A.R.E. treated solid Sitka spruce top and scalloped top bracing to help deliver a rich midrange and low-frequency response. Yamaha has paired the FGX3 with a solid mahogany for a boost of warmth, more woody tone and to bolster the midrange. The FGX3 Red Label dreadnought has also been equipped with the new for 2019 Atmosfeel 3-way pickup system which mixes piezo, mic and sheet sensor pickups for a full, natural-sounding plugged-in sound.
In defining the sound of FG Red Label guitars, Yamaha's intention was to offer a warm tone that would be ideal for modern folk music and singer/songwriters. With careful measurement and experimentation, their luthiers made several refinements to the bracing that would enhance low-frequency response without compromising durability. These changes are optimized for the natural characteristics of the tonewoods, and for each body silhouette.
Yamaha’s exclusive Acoustic Resonance Enhancement (A.R.E.) uses heat, humidity and atmospheric pressure to accelerate the aging of the wood. The A.R.E. process gives the instrument a rich, vintage-quality tone, producing a sound as if you’ve been playing it for years.
The Atmosfeel 3-way pickup and preamp system uses a piezo sensor in the bridge to capture low frequencies, a microphone for low- and midrange, and a proprietary thin synthetic sheet soundboard transducer for high frequencies. The result is a full, natural sound with simple controls that make it easy to get great plugged-in tone.
Atmosfeel's preamp control lets you blend the microphone sound into premixed pickup sound. The microphone sound particularly compliments solo performers and chordal players, while a lower blend may be preferred by fingerstyle players and guitarists who need to cut through a full band. The Bass knob controls a peaking EQ, while the center frequency is turned up when boosting and lowered when attenuating, so that problematic low frequencies never ruin a plugged-in performance.
The FGX3 Red Label dreadnought comes with a hard bag.
- Elixir NANOWEB 80/20 Bronze Light strings
- Black ABS bridge pins with white dots
- Black and white body binding, soundhole inlay
- Black pickguard
- Classic V-shaped heastock with "Tuning Fork" logo
- Comes with a hex wrench, gig bag, soundhole cover, 2 x AA batteries
Experience the Atmosfeel difference with a FGX3 Red Label Dreadnought guitar. Order yours today.
- Body type: Dreadnought
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Solid Sitka spruce
- Back and sides: Solid Mahogany
- Bracing pattern: Scalloped
- Body finish: Semi-gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Not specified
- Nut width: 1.75" (44 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Neck wood: African mahogany
- Scale length: 25"
- Number of frets:
- Neck finish: Matte
- Pickup/preamp: No
- Brand: Yamaha
- Configuration: Piezo and mic and sheet sensor
- Preamp EQ: 2-band
- Feedback filter: No
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: Not specified
- Tuning machines: Open Gear chrome
- Bridge: Ebony
- Saddle and nut: Urea
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features:
- Case: Hard bag
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: China
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.