Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Cre8audio West Pest Semi-Modular Synthesizertrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Top Seller
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
A fully analog West Coast-style semi-modular synthesizer.
The West Pest is a semi-modular synthesizer that follows the West Coast style—typically characterized by additive-derived, rich and complex sounds. More traditional user interface elements are replaced by the abstract and experimental, providing a wide array of sonic capabilities while maintaining a quick-and-easy workflow. It’s designed to create fresh and inspiring sounds in a flash. West Pest’s huge sonic capabilities emanate from its modest bento box-sized exterior.
For ultimate versatility, the West Pest can be popped out of its included enclosure and transform into a 40HP Eurorack module.
Fat Sound in a Portable Synth
West Pest’s oscillator, designed in partnership with Pittsburgh Modular Synthesizers, is a part of their fifth generation of analog oscillators stemming from 10 years of continued research into analog oscillator development.
Its circuitry is not a clone or based on any outside designs. It is made with 100% modern components. This keeps it very stable, and gives it a super-rich and unique sound.
Folding Waves, Space and Time
Pittsburgh Modular Synthesizers are true innovators when it comes to wave folding and shaping, and it shows on the West Pest. The West Pest utilizes a custom wave folder to shape the sound, adding deeper dimensions to its already unique sounding oscillator core.
A wave folder shapes sounds differently from a filter. Instead of removing harmonics, the wave folder increases the harmonic content of the oscillator by folding the wave in on itself to create sonically rich waveforms. West Pest’s wave folder takes what traditional wave folding circuits have done for years and ups the ante, allowing the user to fold previously unfoldable waveforms. In addition to being able to send all of West Pest’s waveforms through its wave folder/shaper, you can also input external sound sources.
Sculpt West Coast Style
In continuity with the whole West Coast synth vibe, West Pest has a dynamics controller as well as an LFO to further sculpt its sound. The Dynamics Controller combines the functionality of a VCA with a low-pass filter to imitate the behavior of soundwaves in the real world by dynamically modifying the harmonic content with the volume of the sound.
Semi-modular means that the West Pest will work without any patch cables or anything. West Pest has eight different patchable modules (oscillator, wave contour, dynamics control, LFO, multi-mod tool, sequencer, MIDI-to-CV converter and button keyboard). It comes with a whopping 18 Eurorack compatible patch points to plug into itself and your other gear.
MIDI and Sequencer
The West Pest has MIDI in and MIDI thru, so you can daisy-chain multiple MIDI monstrosities together. This allows you to plug a MIDI controller into the West Pest. Dive in with West Pest’s built-in tap tempo clock, arpeggiator and sequencer—and create seamlessly.
- 32-step sequencer with up to 13 presets
- Generative sequencing mode and clock-synced arpeggiator
- Pittsburgh Modular Synthesizer-developed 100% analog oscillator
- Sine, triangle and saw waveforms can be combined
- Oscillator includes frequency modulation (FM)
- Variable-state, multi-mode PGH “No-Dead-Spots” filter (low pass, band pass, high pass; modes can be combined)
- Analog envelope generator and integrated VCA
- Dual-range analog LFO with square and triangle wave outputs
- Digital multi-mod tool—modulation control via CV, random generator, and extra LFO and envelope generator
- Internal clock, built-in clock divider and tap tempo that can be clocked via an external source
- Can be used standalone in its included case or removed and used as a Eurorack format module
Order the West Pest semi-modular synthesizer now.
West Pest Semi-Modular Synthesizer Specifications:General
- Sequencer: 32 steps with 13 presets
- Waveforms: Sine, triangle and saw
- LFO: Dual-range analog
- Internal clock: Yes
- Tap tempo: Yes
- Width when used as a module: 40HP
- Depth when used as a module: 25 mm
- 213mA power draw when running: +12V rail
- 151mA power draw when running: ¬–12V
- Input voltage range of oscillator: 0–10V
- (1) West Pest
- (1) West Pest wall wart power supply
- (5) Nazca Noodles patch cables
- (2) 3.5 mm to 5-pin MIDI Din pigtails
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.