Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT 6 AM - 6 PM PT
SUN 6 AM - 5 PM PT
Kilpatrick Audio K4815 Pattern Generator Eurorack CV and MIDI Pattern Generatortrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
- Ships Internationally
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Eurorack CV and MIDI pattern generator.
The K4815 is fully analog and MIDI compatible. The MIDI interface is available on an internal connector and is compatible with the K1600 MIDI Converter from Kilpatrick Audio. You can even build your own MIDI interface (See: AN-1 Simple MIDI Interface for a free design). The analog connections support three inputs for connecting analog clock, and analog control of the playback direction and pattern playback reset. The CV and GATE outputs are high-performance analog outputs for controlling VCOs and envelope generators. High quality 12-bit DACs ensure accurate tuning, and jumper selectable voltage offset and trimming are provided internally to allow integration with most modular equipment.
But notes are not the only thing that can be produced with the K4815. In the alternate X/Y mode, varying voltages are produced on both the CV/X OUT and GATE/Y OUT. By using the X/Y mode, the playback position creates varying voltages and MIDI control changes which can be used as a source of modulation.
The essence of any sequencer is the clock. The K4815 has a high-stability internal clock that can generate a wide range of tempos. The unit also supports analog (5V) clock on the CLOCK IN connector or MIDI clock. When the internal or analog clock is used, MIDI signals are generated automatically, making the system a useful MIDI clock generator or converter.
Pattern Generation Concept
New ways of creating melodies and control signals help to break new ground in music and sound. The K4815 helps you explore new melodies and rhythms using a unique concept of generating patterns. Unlike random pattern generators or ones based on various mathematical concepts, the K4815 bases its music-making foundation on simple scales, visually designed patterns, and intelligently designed motions. The player can control these three elements in realtime, creating an enormous variety of sounds in a visual way that is fun to use. Everything happens on the 8x8 LED matrix, which is both a visual indicator and a conceptual view of how the system works internally. Scales, patterns and motions are all mapped to points on the matrix that show exactly what is happening.
The K4815 concept can be thought of as three distinct layers:
Scales - Underneath the 8x8 LED matrix are the notes which are assigned to each of the 64 points on the grid. The selected scale can be major or minor, large or small. These are selected with the MAJ/MIN and LARGE/SMALL switches. Only four choices might seem like a limitation, but what happens on the other two layers ultimately affects the rhythms and melodies that are produced.
Patterns - Patterns are visually designed icons, symbols and patterns which define which notes will play. They are shown in the background at all times. There are 32 patterns which can be selected with the PATTERN TYPE knob. If a point on the 8x8 LED matrix is lit, the underlying scale note is active. If the playback ball lands on that point, its note will play.
Motions - Motions define how a sequence is played. Each motion defines up to 64 steps in a sequence. Each step can land on any of the points on the 8x8 LED matrix. If a step lands on a point which is lit, a note will play. There are 64 different motions, some sequential and musically-designed, and others more abstract or geometrically-designed. By using MIDI it is possible transpose the scale, and also to start and stop motion playback with note commands, changing the K4815 into a special type of auto-arpeggiator.
- Eurorack (3U) form factor - 20HP width
- 64 LED (8x8) multi-brightness grid to show patterns and playback
- Clock control via internal clock, or MIDI or analog (5V) clock
- Clock, direction and reset inputs (0V/5V = off/on)
- CV/GATE or X/Y outputs - range: -5V to +5V
- High-precision 12-bit DACs with internal trim adjustment
- Internal MIDI header compatible with future Kilpatrick Audio modules or DIY breakout boards
- Only 30mm deep (including ribbon cables)
- Serial numbers up to 1009500: Requires +/-12V (less than 10mA) and +5V (less than 65mA)
- Serial numbers from 1009501 onward: Requires +12V (80mA) and -12V (less than 10mA)
- 16 pin Doepfer-style power cable used
Ultimate manipulation and a new way of thinking about sequencing and tone generation.
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.