Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
The heart of electronic music production.
The electribe has been reborn including KORG's latest technology distilled from popular products such as the KingKORG, kaossilator, kaoss pad, and taktile. The 200 preset patterns cover House and Techno as well as cutting-edge dance music genres such as Trap and EDM. Another major evolution of the new electribe is support for polyphonic playback, which is indispensable for musical styles that involve complex chord progressions such as House music.
An evolved step sequencer
Using the 16 pads placed on the front of the unit, you can create patterns intuitively while actually hearing and seeing the sounds. You can use the pads as a keyboard to realtime-record phrases, and also perform step recording by entering the pitch and rhythmic value one note at a time. The patterns you create can be used in alternate forms as you perform by taking advantage of the "step jump" feature inherited from the volca series, or by changing the "last step" to vary the length of each part.
A synth engine that allows the fastest sound production
For the electribe, KORG designed a synth engine that gives you the maximum sound-creating freedom and the fastest sound production. The 409 oscillator waveforms include analog modeling and PCM. The analog modeling synth engine provides a broad variety ranging from simple basic waveforms to complex combinations such as dual, unison, sync, ring modulation, and cross modulation. The PCM sound engine provides mainly rhythm sounds, but also covers multisamples for keyboard. (collaborations with Sample Magic, Loopmasters, Prime Loops are included)
Even deeper creative potential: Effects and Groove templates
The new electribe provides effects such as compression and overdrive for each part, giving you uncompromising control over the nuances of individual sounds that differ subtly between genres. The groove function can be specified for each part, letting you apply a groove to your phrase simply by selecting a template. New functions for live performance: Master effects, Pattern sets, Sync in/out.
The master effects can be controlled from the touch pad just like on the kaoss pad, and they include not only spatial-type effects that shape the overall acoustics but they also include effects that apply aggressively musical transformations such as the "Vinyl Break" effect inherited from the Kaoss pad series, and the newly developed "Seq Reverse" and "Odd Stepper" that change the playback order of the sequencer. These are also extremely effective for live performance. Insert effects can be assigned for individual parts, opening up even more complex sound-design possibilities.
A new workflow with Ableton Live
Transform inspiration into a creative production. KORG has collaborated with Ableton to offer a new music production workflow that combines the best of hardware and software. The electribe can internally save and export patterns in Ableton Live format. Individual patterns and parts are saved as scenes and clips in an Ableton Live Set. Use Live's powerful Session and Arrangement workflows to edit and and refine your ideas, perform or record new parts, arrange your ideas, and mix your song. The Korg electribe includes Live Lite.
- Thrilling sound and effects
- Easy to use
- New Ableton functionality
Join the tribe. Order today.
Electribe Music Production Station Specifications:
- Maximum Polyphony: 24 voices*1 (Pseudo-polyphonic*2)
- Number of parts: 16
- Sampling Frequency: 48.0 kHz
- Number of Oscillator Types: 409
- Number of Filter types: 16
- Number of Modulation types: 72
- Memory Capacity: 250 patterns
- Insert effects: 38 types
- Master effects: 32 types
- Sequencer: Up to 64 steps for each part
- Up to 24 modulation sequences for each pattern
- Last Step can be varied for each part
- Trigger Pads: 16 (Velocity sensitive is supported)
- Audio: L/Mono Output (Standard Phone jack)
- R Output (Standard Phone jack)
- Headphones: (Stereo mini jack)
- Line Input: (Stereo mini jack)
- MIDI: In, Out (Use an included MIDI adapter cable)
- USB: Type micro B
- Sync: In, Out (Stereo mini jack)
- External storage device: SD Card (More than 1GB), SDHC Card (Up to 32GB)
- Power Supply: AC Adaptor or AA battery x 6
- (Alkaline battery or Nickel metal hydride battery)
- Battery Life: Approximately 5 hours
- (POWER SAVING: ON, with Nickel-Metal Hydride battery)
- Current Consumption is less than 500 mA
- Chassis: Zinc die cast
- Dimensions: 13.35" x 7.44" x 1.77"
- Weight: 1.6 kg / 3.53 lbs
- Operating temperature: 0- +40„ƒ (non-condensing)
- Accessories: AC Adaptor (KA-350) , MIDI adapter cable x 2, Ableton Live 9 Lite (License card included)
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.