- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Korg Monotron Analog Ribbon Synth
- Product 430847
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Analog synths were once massive, temperamental monsters, but the Korg monotron proves that big things now come in small packages. The true analog mon...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Palm-sized, battery-powered, ribbon-controlled analog synth with expressive effects and popular Korg filters.
Analog synths were once massive, temperamental monsters, but the Korg monotron proves that big things now come in small packages. The true analog monotron synthesizer fits in your pocket and makes it possible for you to play anytime, anyplace.
Although it is small enough to hold in one hand, the Korg monotron synth delivers enormous, dazzling sounds. The controls have been streamlined for ease of use”concentrating on the most important sound parameters, the panel contains only five knobs and one switch. With this level of simplicity, now anyone can easily enjoy the world of analog synthesizers. It's simply a blast to play.
Ribbon controller keyboard offers easy expression
Borrowing the enjoyment of performing with a simple touch from Korg's wildly popular KAOSS products, the monotron synth's ribbon controller keyboard takes this ease of use even farther. Simple finger gestures can produce expressive effects such as vibrato and glide.
1VCO, 1VCF, 1LFO - Modular synthesis building blocks
The Korg monotron's circuit is radically simple: one voltage-controlled oscillator, one voltage-controlled filter, and one low frequency oscillator. As a result, the process of sound creation is intuitive, and instantly understandable. And it's tons of fun. This Korg synth provides the joy of sonic creativity that's at the heart of analog synthesis.
The famous Korg filter
This Korg synthesizer starts with the same highly acclaimed VCF circuit as KORG's classic MS-10 and original MS-20 semi-modular synths, and adds extra oomph to the resonance. Originally released over 30 years ago, these synthesizers are still coveted today for their aggressive, dynamic filters. The VCF Cutoff knob sets the frequency or tone of the filter; the VCF Peak (resonance) knob adds emphasis.
Semi modular satisfaction
Just as on the original MS-20, the monotron's filter can be patched into, allowing any external audio source to be processed by the monotron's filter. The input jack (AUX input) built into the Korg synthesizer's compact body inserts the AUX input into the signal path right before the VCF. This provides a great way to connect a KAOSSILATOR, a keyboard, a guitar, a digital audio player or even an unmixed track to the Korg monotron synth and enjoy tone-bending filter effects.
Versatile LFO provides audio and visual excitement
The LFO (Low Frequency Oscillator) can affect either the oscillator pitch or the filter cutoff. Both the speed and the intensity are individually adjustable, so you can create anything from a gentle vibrato to swooping tone changes of galactic proportions. As you turn the LFO Rate knob”featuring an embedded LED”the speed of the modulation effect and the speed of the blinking LED will change in tandem.
Listen anywhere”alone or with friends
The ultimate in compactness, the Korg monotron synth includes a built-in miniature speaker. Along with the battery operation, this feature allows you to enjoy the monotron everywhere. There's also a headphone output that you can use when creating sounds at home, for recording, or for connecting to an amplifier or PA system. When used, it cuts off the speaker so you get personal monitoring or so that you get the full effect of your larger speaker system.
- Korg synth features the same classic analog filter found in the legendary Korg MS-10 & MS-20
- Filter any external source using the audio input jack
- Inspiring, easy-to-play ribbon keyboard
- Intuitive, fun-to-tweak controls
- Full-fledged, true analog synthesizer: VCO, VCF, LFO
- LFO can modulate either pitch or filter cutoff
- LFO Rate knob features cool LED visual indicator
- Battery operation and palmtop size equals true portability
- Internal speaker/headphone jack lets you enjoy the sound anywhere” alone or with friends
Have fun on the run with the monotron. Order yours today!
- Audio Path: VCO, VCF, LFO
- Knobs: VCO Pitch; LFO Rate; LFO Intensity; VCF Cutoff; VCF Peak
- LFO switch: Assignable to Oscillator Pitch or Filter Cutoff
- Controller: Ribbon controller
- Volume: Headphone volume
- Aux Input: 1/8" stereo jack
- Headphone Output: 1/8" stereo jack
- Speaker: Miniature internal (disabled when headphones are in use)
- Power Supply: AAA Alkalines (x2)
- Dimensions: (WxDxH): 4.72" x 2.83" x 1.10"
- Weight: 3.35oz. (without batteries)