- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Korg Monotron Delay Analog Ribbon Synthesizer
- Write a Review
- H79871 000000000 H79871000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Korg's monotron DELAY is a fun-size analog ribbon synthesizer with a live, ready-to-be tweaked front panel offering five knobs and a single switch. I...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Miniature ribbon keyboard that produces intense, analog-like echo effects.
Korg's monotron DELAY is a fun-size analog ribbon synthesizer with a live, ready-to-be tweaked front panel offering five knobs and a single switch. Its Space Delay gives you echo effects that harken the early days of synth, and its simple operation and ease invites hours of enjoyment and musical exploration - all in the palm of your hand.
Casual users and people who love to play with gadgets will find it easy to enjoy creating melodies with a simple knob tweak and tapping along the keyboard portion. DJs and established musicians can also use the monotron DELAY to add some dazzling sound effects or pump some analog muscle into their performance. The possibilities are virtually endless.
Classic Analog Synth / Space Delay Combination
A good delay was an essential part of the classic analog synthesizer sound. More often than not, that delay came from a tape-style echo machine until affordable digital delays were created. The monotron DELAY is an analog synthesizer optimized for sound effects. In addition to its analog oscillator, filter, and LFO, it also provides a Space Delay that's indispensable for swooping, cosmic sounds. The monotron DELAY even reproduces the pitch changes that occur when you vary the delay time, just as though you were using an analog tape echo. As with the filter, the delay effect can be added to any external sound via the Aux In jack. This fat and warm delay will add an authentic edge to your analog sounds.
The Low Frequency Oscillator (LFO) waveform used to modulate the pitch now offers a choice of waveshapes - a new square wave plus the traditional triangle wave. Both the Rate (Speed) and the Intensity (Depth) can be adjusted independently. In addition, a trimpot on the back panel can continuously adjust the shape/direction of the triangle wave or the pulse-width of the square wave to deliver even more versatility. Used in conjunction with the delay, the LFO can create dazzling effects and provide unique possibilities for embellishing your songs.
Wide-Range Ribbon Keyboard
The monotron DELAY's ribbon controller keyboard features a wide, four-octave range. This design allows the pitch to be controlled even more aggressively and dynamically, making the monotron DELAY a great weapon for a DJ to get the floor moving with irresistible sound. The reversed white keys and body adornments glow under black light illumination, making the monotron DELAY ideal for delivering a striking visual impact in nearly any club environment.
- Space Delay with Rate and Intensity controls offers analog-style echoes
- New Pitch LFO with selectable Waveshape and Intensity and shape controls
- VCF with Cutoff Control
- Wide-range ribbon controller keyboard
- Original Analog (VCF) Filter taken from the classic MS-10 & MS-20
- Aux input jack lets you apply filter and delay to any audio source
- Built-in speaker and battery power for "go anywhere" analog sound
- Headphone jack for private use
- Includes owner's manual
Don't delay, er, don't hesitate to order a monotron DELAY today!
- Synthesizer structure: 1 VCO (Sawtooth Wave); 1 VCF; 1 LFO; DELAY
- Switch: Standby / LFO "triangle" Shape / LFO "square" Shape
- Knobs: LFO Rate, LFO Int., VCF Cutoff, DELAY Time, DELAY Feedback
- Rear Panel Trimpot: LFO Shape
- Controller: Wide Range Ribbon Controller
- Volume: Headphone Volume
- Aux Input: 1/8" stereo jack
- Headphone Output: 1/8" stereo jack
- Speaker: Miniature internal which is disabled when headphones are in use
- Power Supply: 2 AAA batteries included, recommended alkaline batteries
- Battery Life: Approximately 8 hours (with alkaline batteries)
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 120mm x 72mm x 28mm / 4.72" x 2.83" x 1.10"
- Weight: 95g / 3.35 oz. (without batteries)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.