- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Korg Monotron Duo Analog Ribbon Synthesizer
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- H79870 000000000 H79870000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Korg's monotron DUO is a ribbon-controller keyboard that gives you not just one, but two analog oscillators to create an even more extreme sound. If ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Palm-sized ribbon controller keyboard featuring two analog oscillators and VCF filter and more tweaking fun.
Korg's monotron DUO is a ribbon-controller keyboard that gives you not just one, but two analog oscillators to create an even more extreme sound. If you tune the oscillators in unison, you get a rich, thick, analog tone. If you tune them in intervals, you can emulate classic soloing sounds and generate new effects. Tweak the X-MOD (cross modulation) circuit taken from Korg's classic Mono/Poly and you can introduce a mild or razor-sharp edge to the overall sound; everything from a rich vibrato to extreme metallic sounds reminiscent of an FM synth.
VCO + VCF = Modular synthesis building blocks
The basic analog sound-building circuit in the monotron DUO is radically simple: one voltage-controlled oscillator and one voltage-controlled filter. As a result, the process of sound creation is intuitive, and instantly understandable.
Enhanced Ribbon Controller Keyboard
The monotron DUO's ribbon controller keyboard now features the familiar Scale function used on the KAOSSILATOR. You can use this button to select one of four scales: Chromatic, Major, Minor, or Off. Choose the Chromatic scale to play precise pitches as on a piano, or choose Major or Minor to generate musically coherent phrases by simply sliding your finger around on the keyboard.
Go Anywhere Analog
A miniature speaker is built into the monotron DUO. Along with the battery operation and compact size, this feature allows you to enjoy the share the monotron DUO's analog synthesis sound with your friends, anywhere, at any time. Use it to entertain friends, for recording, or even at karaoke during a musical interlude for solos. It also has a headphone output you can use when practicing in private, creating sounds at home, recording, or for connecting to an amplifier or PA system.
Classic Korg Filtering
The distinctive tone of an analog filter (VCF) can dramatically alter and enrich the sound. The monotron DUO uses the same highly acclaimed VCF circuit as KORG's classic MS-10 and MS-20 semi-modular synthesizers. Originally released over 30 years ago, these instruments are still coveted today for their aggressive, dynamic filters. The VCF Cutoff knob sets the frequency or tone of the filter; the VCF Peak knob adds emphasis. A powerful filter is an essential aspect of any analog synthesizer, applying dramatic tonal changes to the sound, and projecting an intense personality that will stand out, especially in any live performance.
The input jack (AUX input) built into the monotron DUO's compact body allows you to place any audio source into the signal path, directly before the analog filter. This provides a great way to connect a KAOSSILATOR, a guitar, or a digital audio player to the monotron DUO and enjoy tone-bending filter effects.
- Two analog oscillators (VCO) with individual tunings
- Edgy X-MOD (with Intensity knob) circuit from Korg's classic Mono/Poly
- VCF with Cutoff and Peak Control
- Ribbon controller keyboard with Scale Select
- Original Analog (VCF) Filter taken from the classic MS-10 & MS-20
- Aux input jack lets you apply filter to any audio source
- Built-in speaker and battery power for Go Anywhere Analog sound
- Headphone jack for private use
Get lots of fun at your fingertips with the monotron DUO! Order now!
- Synthesizer structure: 2 VCOs (Square Wave) with X-Mod; 1 VCF
- Switches: Standby / VCO1 / VCO1+2
- Scale Select Button: (Chromatic -> Major -> Minor -> Off)
- Knobs: VCO1 Pitch, X-MOD Int., VCO2 Pitch, VCF Cutoff, VCF Peak
- Controller: Ribbon Controller with Scale SelectVolume: Headphone Volume
- Aux Input: 1/8" stereo jack
- Headphone Output: 1/8" stereo jack
- Speaker: Miniature internal which is disabled when headphones are in use
- Power Supply: 2 AAA batteries included, recommended alkaline batteries
- Battery Life: Approximately 8 hours (with alkaline batteries)
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 120mm x 72mm x 28mm / 4.72" x 2.83" x 1.10"
- Weight: 95g / 3.35 oz. (without batteries)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.