Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Korg Nu:Tekt NTS-1 Digital DIY Synthesizertrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
A world of synthesis at your fingertips.
The first of its kind from KORG’s DIY-focused Nu:Tekt brand, NTS-1 packs a powerful synth and multi-effects engine into a compact form factor that you can carry and connect anywhere. Its DIY nature means it’s also very customizable. Explore the possibilities!
NTS-1 is also completely compatible with the logue-SDK*, so it is possible to run any custom oscillator and effect content available for minilogue xd and prologue, or, create your own.
* When using 3rd party plugins on the NTS-1 please consult with the developer first as the content may sound differently than with minilogue xd or prologue based on polyphony.
Equipped with AUDIO IN, SYNC IN, SYNC OUT and MIDI IN connectors, the NTS-1 can easily be used in conjunction with other hardware and software. You can control it using external MIDI controllers and sequencers, use it to modify any audio signal with its powerful digital effects, or even sync it to other hardware and jam along!
It’s also USB micro-B powered so you can plug it directly to a portable battery and take it anywhere with you! You can also connect to your computer’s USB port or directly to the power supply using a standard USB power plug.
A wide range of sonic possibilities
Belying its size, the Nu:Tekt NTS-1 features a digital oscillator inspired by the MULTI engine as found on the acclaimed prologue and minilogue xd, along with an extremely capable arpeggiator including multiple ranges, scales, and modes, plus dedicated spatial, modulation, and delay sections, each with multiple settings to explore.
With a its monophonic digital oscillator, one multimode filter, on EG, three LFOs, three stereo effect processors, and full arpeggiator, the NTS-1 is a very powerful, flexible, fun-to-explore synth.
The main oscillator can produce Sawtooth, Triangle, Square and VPM waveforms, and can load custom oscillators created from Korg’s logue SDK, which means it’s compatible with content created for prologue and minilogue xd. These waveforms can be easily re-shaped and adjusted just by simply turning a couple of knobs.
A wide selection of filters (Low pass 2/4-pole, High pass 2/4-pole, Band pass 2/4-pole and OPEN mode, all with resonance) give you serious control over the overall tone of the oscillator.
The three onboard effects units are inspired by those on KORG’s minilogue xd, which itself took onboard effects to a whole new level. Numerous reverbs, modulation effects, and delays are available to blend and edit at will, to really finish out your sound creations.
NTS-1 also offers a fun and practical arpeggiator with several patterns available. Scales and numerous note orders including a Random mode are also available to create new and original ideas on the fly. The pattern length can be adjusted (from 1 to 24 steps) and, when synced externally, the step duration can also be adjusted (16th to 64th notes)
Thanks to its ribbon controller, simple interface and display, the NTS-1 can be played and enjoyed very intuitively. Deeper parameter changes are also possible with several combinations of buttons / knobs, furthering the possibilities. Don’t let its size fool you; NTS-1 goes deep but keeps it all easily accessible.
Customize the experience
The fun isn’t over after you finish building the NTS-1. The screws on the side panels are long enough to let you easily attach custom side panels. Get creative and use the NTS-1 in a wide variety of setups.
Free bundle of music software
The NTS-1 comes with a diverse variety of music software from Izotope including “Ozone Elements” which lets you not only create songs but also master them using AI, “Skoove” which will help you improve your keyboard playing skills, “Reason Lite” DAW software, as well as software synths from KORG and other brands.
Build it, tweak it, connect it. Order it.
Nu:Tekt NTS-1 Digital DIY Synthesizer Specifications:
- Keyboard: Ribbon keyboard
- Sound generation: 1 Digital Oscillator, 1 Multimode filter, 1 EG, 3 LFO
- Effects: MOD (CHORUS, ENSEMBLE, PHASER, FLANGER), DELAY, REVERB
- Input/output jacks: Headphone jack (3.5mm stereo mini phone jack), AUDIO IN jack (3.5mm stereo mini-phone jack), SYNC IN jack (3.5 mm stereo mini-phone jack, 20V maximum input level), SYNC OUT jack (3.5 mm stereo mini-phone jack, 5V output level), MIDI IN connector (3.5 mm stereo mini-phone jack) connector, USB port (micro B type)
- Power supply: USB bus power mode, Current consumption: 500 mA or less
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 129 mm x 78 mm x 39 mm / 5.08” x 3.07” x 1.54”,
- Weight: 124 g / 4.37 oz
- Included items: USB cable, Owner’s manual, Screwdriver
- * When using 3rd party plugins on the NTS-1 please consult with the developer first as the content may sound differently than with minilogue xd or prologue based on polyphony.
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.