- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Korg RADIAS R Rackmount Synthesizer / Vocoder Module
- Write a Review
- Product 702907
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Korg RADIAS Synthesizer Vocoder brings together a sound module based on Korg's cutting-edge, analog-modeling MMT engine and a full complement of ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
The past, present, and future of synthesis in one mind-blowing module.
The Korg RADIAS Synthesizer Vocoder brings together a sound module based on Korg's cutting-edge, analog-modeling MMT engine and a full complement of knobs and buttons. This 24-voice synth offers a variety of synthesis algorithms together with multiple effects, modulation sequencing, comb filter and wave shaping features, as well as formant-motion vocoding. The Korg RADIAS includes customizable synthesis templates to be used as starting points, with template data for 128 synth timbres, 128 insert effects, and 128 master effects.
The heart of this synthesizer vocoder beats with Korg's cutting-edge MMT (Multi Modeling Technology) synth engine, which borrows much of its modeling techniques from Korg's flagship OASYS. It eliminates aliasing noise in even the highest frequencies and delivers clean, pure waveforms. RADIAS provides two oscillators for each timbre that deliver modeled analog waveforms, formant waveforms, noise, ring modulation, sync, plus classic and modern PCM waveforms. The analog modeled waveforms allow a variety of oscillator modulation algorithms to be used to create complex sounds, even from a single oscillator. The dual-filter structure allows two filters to be used individually, side by side, or in series for maximum versatility.
Three envelope generators are used to apply time-varying changes to the pitch, filter cutoff, and amp level, as well as many other parameters. The bundled Korg RADIAS Sound Editor/Librarian software makes it easy to edit, manage, and archive settings on your computer through the USB port. RADIAS has two LFOs, variable Drive mode, a flexible wave shaping circuit, three modulation sequencers, six virtual analog synth patch cords, envelope follower, 16-band vocoder, 30 effect algorithms, six types of arpeggiator patterns, dual linkable 32-step sequencers, 256 programs, 32 drum kits, and 16 formant motion sets.
- MMT (Multiple Modeling Technology) synth engine
- 24-voice polyphony
- Oscillator 1: 9 basic waveforms, 4 types of modulation, PCM (64 sounds, 128 drums)
- Oscillator 2: 4 basic waveforms, 2 types of modulation
- Noise generator
- Filter 1: -24 dB Low Pass, -12 dB Low Pass, High Pass, Band Pass, Thru modes
- Filter 2: Low Pass, High Pass, Band Pass, Comb modes
- Each filter has serial, parallel, and individual routings
- 1 driver or wave shaper (11 types)
- 3 EGs
- 2 LFOs
- 6 virtual patches
- 3 modulation sequences
- 16-band vocoder
- Variable level/pan for each vocoder channel
- Vocoder formant control functions
- Envelope follower
- 30 effects
- 6 arpeggio types (Up/Down/Alt1/Alt2/Random/Trigger)
- Dual 32-step sequencers
- 256 programs
- 32 drum kits
- 2 - 1/4" inputs
- 1/8" mic/line input
- L/MONO, R 1/4" outputs
- L/R 1/4" outputs
- 1/4" headphone jack
- Assignable pedal jack
- Assignable switch jack
- MIDI I/O/Thru
- USB connector
- 128 x 64 pixel full-graphic backlit LCD screen
- RADIAS upright: 34.84"W x 8.78"H x 15.08"D
- RADIAS folded: 34.84"W x 3.90"H x 15.08"D
- 19.18 lbs.
- Includes headset condenser microphone; AC adapter; CD-ROM (PC editor software, etc.); 4 washers, 4 bushings, 4 screws (RADIAS-R only); accessory shelf
Serious about synthesis? This is for you. Order your RADIAS now!
- Supported OS: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition/Professional
- Supported Computer: A computer with USB connector that meets the above requirements
- Supported OS: Mac OS X 10.2 or later
- Supported Computer: Apple Macintosh with USB port
- Note: USB MIDI has been tested and works under Rosetta and Universal Binary on Intel-based Macs, using the standard Class Compliant driver. In this case, however, Port Names will be shown as generic names like Port 1, Port A etc. instead of the product name.
- CPU: Intel Pentium/Celeron 500MHz or faster
- Memory: 256MB or more, 512MB or more recommended
- Monitor: 1024 x 768, 16-bit color or higher
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition/Professional Edition Service Pack 1 or later
- CPU: Apple G4 400MHz or better
- Memory: 256MB or more, 512MB or more recommended
- Monitor: 1024 x 768, 32000 colors or higher
- Operating system: Mac OS X v.10.2.8 or later
- Note: This software has been tested on Intel-based Macs, and while not Universal Binary compliant, runs fine under Rosetta
- PCM sound processed with INFINITY
- Specifications subject to change without notice
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
... but in this case, I will.The RADIAS is unreal. You'll hear a lot of talk about it not sounding like a vintage analog synth, but I say if you want that sound, then buy a vintage analog synth.I produce mainly Hip Hop and R&B, but recently I've been pegged to score a movie, and this thing delivers! It's got an unbelievable assortment sounds. The quality is top-notch. The rush is on to be the first one on the radio with this sound.The new price makes it a steal.
I have only played with this module countlessly at a music store. I was looking around for keyboards with better sounds and I stumbled upon the Radias module. I was using only an M-Audio MIDI controller but the sounds that came out were blowing my mind. This synth was much more than I expected out of a box so small. I have been playing on a Roland XP for years and realized I needed a new sound. This is my next purchase.