Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
RADIAS Synthesizer Vocoderfalse false
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.
The past, present, and future of synthesis in one mind-blowing instrument.
This 24-voice Korg synth offers a variety of synthesis algorithms together with multiple effects, modulation sequencing, and comb filter and wave shaping features, as well as formant-motion vocoding. RADIAS' innovative design can be custom configured to suit you. The control module can be used independently or teamed with the unique dedicated keyboard as a seamlessly integrated instrument. RADIAS includes customizable synthesis templates to be used as starting points, with template data for 128 synth timbres, 128 insert effects, and 128 master effects.
The heart of RADIAS beats with Korg's cutting-edge MMT (Multi Modeling Technology) synth engine, which borrows much of its modeling techniques from Korg's flagship OASYS. It eliminates aliasing noise in even the highest frequencies and delivers clean, pure waveforms. Korg synthesizer provides two oscillators for each timbre that deliver modeled analog waveforms, formant waveforms, noise, ring modulation, sync, and classic and modern PCM waveforms. The analog modeled waveforms allow a variety of oscillator modulation algorithms to be used to create complex sounds, even from a single oscillator. The dual-filter structure allows two filters to be used individually, side by side, or in series for maximum versatility. Three Envelope Generators (EG) are used to apply time-varying changes to the pitch, filter cutoff, and amp level, as well as many other parameters. The bundled RADIAS Sound Editor/Librarian software makes it easy to edit, manage, and archive settings on your computer through the USB port. The Korg RADIAS synth has two LFOs, variable Drive mode, a flexible wave shaping circuit, three modulation sequencers, six virtual analog synth patch cords, envelope follower, 16-band vocoder, 30 effect algorithms, six types of arpeggiator patterns, dual linkable 32-step sequencers, 256 programs, 32 drum kits, and 16 formant motion sets.
- MMT (Multiple Modeling Technology) synth engine
- 24-voice polyphony
- Oscillator 1: 9 basic waveforms, 4 types of modulation, PCM (64 sounds, 128 drums)
- Oscillator 2: 4 basic waveforms, 2 types of modulation
- Noise generator
- Filter 1: -24 dB Low Pass, -12 dB Low Pass, High Pass, Band Pass, Thru modes
- Filter 2: Low Pass, High Pass, Band Pass, Comb modes
- Each filter has serial, parallel, and individual routings
- 1 driver or wave shaper (11 types)
- 3 EGs
- 2 LFOs
- 6 virtual patches
- 3 modulation sequences
- 16-band vocoder
- Variable level/pan for each vocoder channel
- Vocoder formant control functions
- Envelope follower
- 30 effects
- 6 arpeggio types (Up/Down/Alt1/Alt2/Random/Trigger)
- Dual 32-step sequencers
- 256 programs
- 32 drum kits
- 49 velocity-sensitive keys
- Modulation wheel
- Pitch bend wheel
- 2 - 1/4" inputs
- 1/8" mic/line input
- L/MONO, R 1/4" outputs
- L/R 1/4" outputs
- 1/4" headphone jack
- Assignable pedal jack
- Assignable switch jack
- MIDI I/O/Thru
- USB connector
- 128 x 64 pixel full-graphic backlit LCD screen
- RADIAS upright: 34.84"W x 8.78"H x 15.08"D
- RADIAS folded: 34.84"W x 3.90"H x 15.08"D
- 19.18 lbs.
- Includes headset condenser microphone; AC adapter; CD-ROM (PC editor software, etc.); 4 washers, 4 bushings, 4 screws (RADIAS-R only); accessory shelf
RADIAS Synthesizer Vocoder Specifications:Windows system compatibility to connect via USB
- Supported OS: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition/Professional
- Supported Computer: A computer with USB connector that meets the above requirements
- Supported OS: Mac OS X 10.2 or later
- Supported Computer: Apple Macintosh with USB port
- Note: USB MIDI has been tested and works under Rosetta and Universal Binary on Intel-based Macs, using the standard Class Compliant driver. In this case, however, Port Names will be shown as generic names like Port 1, Port A etc. instead of the product name.
- CPU: Intel Pentium/Celeron 500MHz or faster
- Memory: 256MB or more, 512MB or more recommended
- Monitor: 1024 x 768, 16-bit color or higher
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition/Professional Edition Service Pack 1 or later
- CPU: Apple G4 400MHz or better
- Memory: 256MB or more, 512MB or more recommended
- Monitor: 1024 x 768, 32000 colors or higher
- Operating system: Mac OS X v.10.2.8 or later
- Note: This software has been tested on Intel-based Macs, and while not Universal Binary compliant, runs fine under Rosetta
- PCM sound processed with INFINITY
- Specifications subject to change without notice
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.