Why Shop With Us?
Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
We're Here for You
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Korg SQ-64 Polyphonic Sequencertrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Korg SQ-64 Polyphonic Sequencer$299.99
- Free Shipping
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Polyphonic sequencer for synths, DAWs and more.
The SQ-64 is an incredibly powerful and compact polyphonic step sequencer with amazing hands-on intuitive controls and deep editing options to give you all the flexibility and sequencing power needed for all your musical projects. With its 64 step pad matrix, crystal-clear OLED display, sturdy and elegant aluminum body, a wealth of connections and a variety of modes and features, the SQ-64 will become the central piece of your music studio providing total and seamless control over all your instruments.
Despite its compact size, the SQ-64 has unparalleled connectivity and will allow you to easily control, connect and make the most of all your analog and digital gear. MIDI IN (x1) and OUT (x2), micro USB type B, Sync IN & OUT, 3 Melody tracks each with MODULATION, PITCH and GATE outputs and a DRUM track with 8 individual trigger outputs for controlling analog synths, Eurorack and drum machines.
Each of the Melody tracks (x3) has 16 Patterns of up to 64 steps each, and the Drum track (x1) has 16 Sub-tracks also with up to 64 steps each, that can be played, chained and edited in a variety of ways. Melody tracks and patterns can be edited in several modes (GATE, PITCH and MODULATION) so you can alter the information sent by your sequencer on each of these steps in many interesting ways. The DRUM track outputs can be fine-tuned to match the polarity and voltage of your connected device(s).
Its audio Sync In & Out connections will allow you to seamlessly control all your other Korg gear such as the volca synthesizer series, minilogue, monologue, minilogue xd, prologue and many others.
One to Rule The All
Whether you are into analog synths, Eurorack semi-modular synths, digital drum machines, or do everything on your DAW with digital plugins, the SQ-64 will give you instant and precise hands-on control of each and all of these.
The SQ-64 has 64 beautifully LED-lit step button pads that not only let you see the whole picture at once, but also allow for super-fast and satisfactory editing with its encoder knobs and dedicated mode buttons that will simplify and speed up your workflow. Each step has graduated lighting; the higher the modulation value, the stronger the button lights up to give you a clear visual on what’s going on in the sequence.
The OLED Display is crystal clear, bright and visible from any angle, so you can have access to all the information you need no matter whether you are making music at home, in the studio or playing live.
The 3 melody tracks include a MODULATION output, so every step on your sequence can be creating complex modulations on your gear of choice, greatly expanding your options and possibilities for sound creation. It's easy to create polyphonic chords patterns, melodies, complex poly-rhythms and modulations on the fly and record them as data on each of the 64 project slots available.
The SQ-64 won’t just allow you to create incredible sequences; it packs several features and modes that will let you edit on the fly and play any of your gear real-time.
The 64-pad Matrix can be also be used as a keyboard, allowing for several layouts to be used for maximum flexibility (several scales can be assigned to any of these and a number of other parameters can be easily changed)
Keys: Your traditional piano layout
Isomorphic: the notes are displayed symmetrically in rows, you can easily transpose the same chord pattern up and down without changing its shape
Octaves: one scale displayed in 3 different octaves on each row
With its powerful built-in Arpeggiator you can easily bring to life and create interesting patterns out of any of your soft plug-ins, analog or digital synths, for immediate inspiration.
Break free with 4 alternative sequence playback modes. Reverse, Bounce, Random and Stochastic can be selected independently and on the fly to each track to add variety and intrigue.
All your patterns can also be freely chained and looped, making this the ultimate device for machine live.
Sleek, Rugged Design
Despite its wide array of features, controls and connections, the SQ-64 is just 18 mm thick (38 mm including the knobs and rubber legs) and is housed in a highly portable and elegant yet robust solid aluminum body that will provide years of reliable service. The SQ-64 sequencer is powered through USB or external 9V DC adaptor, a choice of power options offer both versatility and flexibility.
- Four sequencing parts; the last part being 16-channel D-Sub for drum module/single note triggering
- Audio Sync Feature-daisy chain with other KorgSynth products for seamless time-based syncing
- User-friendly interface – all switches intelligently light to show you what’s going on
- OLED screen shows you all values on a crisp, neat display.
For seamless integration. Order today.
SQ-64 Polyphonic Sequencer Specifications:
- Four-part Note, Mod and CV/Gate Sequencer
- D-Sub Part provides 8 parts of CV and 8 MIDI notes
- 3x Pitch, Gate and Mod out
- Pitch, Gate, and Mod for each part A –C
- MIDI I/O/O (2 dedicated outs) + Audio Sync I/O
- 64 LED-backlit soft touch buttons
- Project Memory; save and recall all your sequences
- Keyboard mode – play and record in real time
- Supports all standard voltages and can be biased as well
- All-aluminum chassis; solid desktop design
- Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.