- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Korg SV-2 Vintage 73-Key Stage Piano
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L72960 000000000 L72960000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The original Korg Stage Vintage piano was a huge success, combining an intuitive front panel, a full library of vintage sounds and an extraordinary k...Click To Read More About This Product
A stage piano that captures the signature sound and performance of coveted vintage models.
The original Korg Stage Vintage piano was a huge success, combining an intuitive front panel, a full library of vintage sounds and an extraordinary keybed. The updated SV-2 (Stage Vintage 2) stage piano takes what made the original great and adds more. more sounds, polyphony, memory, presets and controls. As a performance piano, it is unparalleled, and, naturally, it's a great piano for home, too.
More of everything you loveNot only has the polyphony increased to 128 voices, the Korg SV-2 has more than ten times the sample data of previous Stage Vintage models. This allows for many brand-new piano and keyboard sounds, for 72 in total. With 64 user memory locations you can store your favorite sounds for instant access. Edit those sounds to your precise needs in the free SV-2 Editor software with splits and layers, accessing up to three of the available timbres at once. Once edited, you even have instant control over the split point from the SV-2 front panel.
Faithful reproductionStarting with a group of immaculately maintained instruments and applying to most advanced multi-mic sampling techniques, the SV-2's sounds are incredibly realistic. Every detail, from contact clicks and hammer release to the sound of a rubber bad pulling away from a tine is there. Better yet, you can edit how much of those sonic artifacts you want, thanks to SV-2's RX Layering. The dynamics are also full range from the lightest key touch to full fortississimo (very, very loud) and all points in between. All these factors create a "you are there" three-dimensional presence, both in the mix and in performance.
A tremendous range of instrumentsIf you love both great acoustic piano sounds, the Korg SV-2 has you more than covered with a collection of outstanding piano sounds from around the world. Grands from German, Italian, Austrian, and Japanese makers, uprights from Germany and Japan, authentic honky-tonk and "tack" pianos — all are available. And that's just the acoustic pianos. There are also two beautiful harpsichords, perfectly sampled. The range of electric pianos, digital pianos, vintage organs and orchestral sounds is just as impressive, with all the classics and many sounds that are destined to become new favorites.
An expressive and musical feelWe couldn't end without mentioning the graded-hammer action keybed. Korg's RH3 keybed is legendary for it's sensitivity and response. With eight velocity curves to chose from, it's easy to match the keyboard response to your playing technique or performance style. Multiple stretch tuning schemes can be applied, as well as vary8ing concert pitch and transposition. The feel is as real as you desire, but with the ability to fine-tune it to your personal needs.
Any stage piano has to check a lot of boxes, feel, tone, ease of use, portability, control and more. The Korg SV-2 has a steady series of "Yes" all the way down the line. We're impressed by its srious engineering and by its playability. The smooth retro curves of the case sure don't hurt, either. If you love feel and dynamics, but crave a wide range of seriously authentic sounds, and love a sense of serious style, this is a stage piano that you'll love to have in the studio, in your home, or on the road.
Call or click to order today.
- SV-2/SV-2S (73 keys): 73 keys (E to E), Velocity sensitive KORG RH3 (Real Weighted Hammer Action 3)
- SV-2/SV-2S (88 keys): 88 keys (A to C), Velocity sensitive KORG RH3 (Real Weighted Hammer Action 3)
- Touch selection: Eight curves
- Tuning: Master Transpose, Master Tune, Tuning curves
- Sound generation: EDS-X (Enhanced Definition Synthesis - eXpanded)
- Maximum Polyphony: 128 notes
- Multi Sound: Layer, Split
- Factory Sounds: 72 (6 Basic sounds x 2 sets, 6 variations)
- EP1 (Vintage): MK I Suitcase, MK I Stage, MK II Suitcase, MK II Stage, MK V Stage, MK V Bright, Dyno EP, Dyno EP Bright, Wurly, Wurly Classic, Wurly Dark, Wurly Bright
- EP2 (Various): FM Piano 1, FM Piano 2, FM Piano 3, FM Piano & Pad, Pianet T, Pianet N, Hybrid Piano, Hybrid Tine, Wurly & Strings, FM & Strings, MK II & Pad, FM & Pad
- Piano 1 (Acoustic): German Grand, German Classic, Italian Grand, Italian Bright, Japanese Grand, Japanese Bright, Austrian Grand, Austrian Classic, Japanese Upright, Upright Bright, German Upright, Rock Piano
- Piano 2 (Various): Electric Grand, German Mono, KORG M1 Piano, KORG SG-1D, Digital Piano, Electra Piano, Tack Piano, Honky-Tonk, Piano & Strings, Piano & Pad, Piano & Synth, Piano & Brass
- Clavier: Clav AC, Clav AD, Clav BC, Clav BD, Harpsichord, Harpsichord Oct, Perc. Organ, Rock Organ, Jazz Organ, VOX Organ, Church Organ, Pipe Organ
- Other: Full Strings, Classic Strings, Tape Strings, Strings & Voices, Warm Pad, Bright Pad, Orchestra, Pizzicato & Glock, Brass, Synth Brass, Pad/Mini Lead, Pad/SynthLead
- Favorite sounds: 64 (8 banks x 8 variations) for saving of customized settings
- 6 effects (5 effects + 1 total effect)
- Equalizer: Bass, Mid, Treble
- Pre FX: Red comp, Treble boost, U-Vibe, Vibrato, Tremolo, VOX Wah (Auto or Pedal control)
- Amplifier models: Clean, Twin, Tweed, AC30, Boutique, Organ Amp + Cabinet Models, Valve Reactor Technology – 12AX7 (ECC83) valve
- Modulation: Classic Chorus, Black Chorus, Orange Phaser, Small Phaser, MX Flanger, Rotary (Slow/Fast control)
- Ambient: Room, Plate, Hall, Spring, Tape Echo, Stereo Delay (Tap tempo)
- Total FX (only editable with SV-2 Editor): Stereo Mastering Limiter, Stereo Limiter
- Master Volume, Transpose, Local Off, Touch, Function
- Sound Select: TYPE knob, VARIATION knob, FAVORITES 1–8 switches
- Favorite Sound select: 1–8 switches, SOUND TYPE knob
- Equalizer: On/Off switch, BASS knob, MID knob, TREBLE knob
- Pre FX: On/Off switch, TYPE knob, SPEED knob, INTENSITY knob, AUTO/PEDAL switch (available when the TYPE = Vox Wah)
- Amplifier: On/Off switch, TYPE knob, DRIVE knob
- Modulation: On/Off switch, TYPE knob, SPEED knob, INTENSITY knob, Slow/Fast switch (available when the TYPE = Rotary.)
- Ambient: On/Off switch, TYPE knob, DEPTH knob, Tap (available when TYPE = Stereo Delay)
- Audio Output: L, R connector (XLR balanced), L/MONO jack, R MONO jack (6.3 mm [1/4"] unbalanced), stereo phone jack on the front panel 6.3 mm [1/4"].
- Audio Input: L/MONO jack, R/MONO jack (6.3 mm [1/4"] unbalanced)
- MIDI: IN jack, OUT jack
- USB: 2.0 Type B connector (doubles the MIDI Interface)
- Damper Pedal: KORG DS-2H (included), DS-1H(sold separately)
- Pedal 1: PS-1 foot switch, PS-3 foot switch (sold separately)
- Pedal 2: Volume/Expression, XVP-20, EXP-2, PS-1 foot switch, or PS-3 foot switch (sold separately)
- Speakers: 2 x 2.5" with 2 x 3" passive radiator
- Amplification power: 2 x 15W
- Power Supply: Internal switching adapter, AC 100~240V, 50/60 Hz
- Power Consumption: SV-2: 16 W, SV-2S: 25 W
- Dimensions (WxDxH, excluding music stand):
- SV-2/SV-2S (73-key): 1,143 mm x 347 mm x 157 mm/45.0" x 13.66" x 6.1"
- SV-2/2V-2S (88-key): 1,356 mm x 347 mm x 157 mm/53.3" x 13.66" x 6.1"
- SV-2 73-key: 17.2 kg/37.91 lbs, SV-2S 73-key: 18.3 kg/40.34 lb.
- SV-2 88-key: 20.35 kg/44.86 lbs, SV-2S 88-key: 21.45 kg/47.28 lb.
- Included Items: Power cable, Music stand, DS-2H damper pedal, Quick Guide
- Accessories (sold separately): ST-SV1 piano stand, CB-SV1 carrying bag (73 and 88 version), DS-1H damper pedal, XVP-20 EXP/VOL pedal, EXP-2 foot controller, PS-1 footswitch, PS-3 footswitch
- * All products names and specification names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
- * Appearance and specifications of products are subject to change without notice.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.