- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Korg SV-2S Vintage 73-Key Stage Piano With Built-in Speakers
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L72963 000000000 L72963000000000
6-Month* financing available.
The KORG SV-2S Vintage 73-key stage piano with internal speakers builds on the acclaimed KORG SV-1. The SV-2S features more of everything that makes ...Click To Read More About This Product
A stage piano with onboard speakers that captures the signature sound and performance of coveted vintage models.
The KORG SV-2S Vintage 73-key stage piano with internal speakers builds on the acclaimed KORG SV-1. The SV-2S features more of everything that makes the Stage Vintage series great: more sounds, more memory, more polyphony, more presets and more control. The Stage Vintage series’ combination of an intuitive live panel, premier keybed, the ultimate realization of coveted vintage sounds, the clarity of world-class pianos, the warmth and character of period-proper effects, and the distinctively smooth shape has inspired musicians from around the globe for over a decade.
SV-2S With Internal Speaker SystemEnjoy the sound, looks, and performance of the KORG SV-2 everywhere you go. KORG has worked with Italian speaker designers K-ARRAY to create the amazing SV-2S. In addition to every feature found in the SV-2, the SV-2S also includes a built-in speaker system. From rehearsal to stage, the SV-2 is ready to perform, wherever and whenever you are. Producing 18 watts of power (x 2; Left and Right), the internal system features two 2.5" loudspeakers, plus a 3" passive radiator. The SV-2S is also finished with a warm ivory finish with contrasting grille cloth.
More. More. More.The SV-2S 73 contains over ten times the sample data available of previous SV models, providing ample memory for many all-new piano and keyboard sounds. The SV-2S is home to 72 compelling sounds and provides 64 memory locations to store edited Favorites for instant access during performance. Using the SV-2 Editor software, users are now free to create their own split and layered programs and save them to one of the Favorites locations. In fact, a single favorite can access up to three timbres at once—a piano/bass split with a layer of strings, for example. While user splits must be created using the SV-2 Editor, the split point on the keyboard can be adjusted directly from the front panel. Plus, polyphony of the SV-2S 73 now stands at 128 voices, allowing more effective layering of sounds or sustained chording.
Faithful Sound Reproduction
The SV-2S 73 represents the pinnacle of audio sampling techniques and careful instrument preparation, delivering the most exacting and accurate rendition of so many keyboard classics. Using only the best-maintained instruments and the latest multi-miking methods, every sound has been captured as precisely as possible. The slap of the tine, the release of the hammer, the click of the contacts—every element is amazingly preserved in the RX Layer; mix in as much or as little of these authentic artifacts as you need. In addition, the full dynamic range of each instrument has been faithfully preserved, recreating all of the timbral and volume changes generated from a ppp (pianississimo) touch to an fff (fortississimo) strike—and everything in between. This detailed sampling regime creates a three-dimensional sense of presence, allowing the sound to fully occupy its place in the mix or in the performance space.
Coveted ClassicsExperience a treasure trove of classic electro-mechanical, transistorized, tape-driven, analog, and digital keyboard instruments, all reproduced with stunning realism. These sounds defined decades of popular music, and are now once again in demand. The Stage Vintage-2 73 places all of these sought-after sounds right at your fingertips in perfect tune and in impeccable playing condition—no maintenance required. It’s all here. Electric pianos now include nearly all the American tine and reed models, a Japanese electric grand, as well as a rare German electric piano. And then there all those clavis, created using a range of settings. Prefer electronic pianos? There are analog, digital, VPM, FM and sampled versions—including the ever-popular KORG M1 piano. Looking for Organs? Select from tone-wheel classics; VOX combo, Italian transistor or American tube organs; and now church and cathedral organs. Need some strings? Choose from a 70s-era analog string machine, prog-era tape strings, or a warm orchestral section. Plus, the SV-2S contains mallets, brass and choir sounds, guitar and bass sounds, even solo and pad synths that are ideal for layering or creating convenient splits.
Plenty of PianosThe SV-2S remains, at heart, a stage piano. At the touch of a button, you can summon the most outstanding grand piano sounds from around the world—including exemplary pianos from the leading German, Italian, Austrian and Japanese instrument makers. For a more intimate setting, choose one of the authentic Japanese or German upright pianos. Also included are a real honky-tonk piano and a genuine “tack” piano. Last but not least, the SV-2 contains two gorgeous harpsichords, one French and one Italian. Featured alone, layered with another sound, or split across the keyboard, these outstanding piano sounds deliver a strong foundation while delivering additional performance options.
Seize ControlThe SV-2S invites you to take command of your sound. There is no LCD screen, no menus to dive through. Instantly inviting and familiar, the front panel is always live, so go ahead—grab a knob, rotate it, tweak it and experiment. Change your mind? Pressing in on the knob quickly restores it to the programmed value. Switches with LED indicators show which effects are active, transposition and more. Sounds are selected through a pair of rotary switches. Eight illuminated buttons in the center of the panel can quickly recall any of 64 Favorite presets, each containing your own customized sounds and settings. Best of all, the SV-2S now offers a Panel Lock function that prevents the accidental switching of sounds if the Favorites buttons are inadvertently touched while performing—and also prevents curious fingers from switching settings between sets. More detailed and convenient control is offered via the free SV-2 Editor software.
Agility and ExpressionAll SV-2 Stage Vintage instruments share the finest KORG RH3 graded-hammer action keybed. As on a grand piano, the weighting of the keys is graduated across the keyboard; heavier in the lower registers and becoming lighter in the upper registers. This RH3 keybed is remarkably sensitive to the nuances of every performance, accurately delivering every expressive element. Selecting one of the eight distinct velocity curves allow the keyboard response to match any playing technique of performance style. Authentic to the end, the SV-2 offers eight tuning schemes including equal, grand piano stretch, electric piano stretch, electric grand, upright stretch, detuned and two user-definable types (configurable using the free SV-2 Editor). The overall tuning, or concert pitch, of the SV-2 can be adjusted to match another instrument or a previously recorded track. Needless to say, the SV-2 can be transposed into any key.
Making It RealAdding the right effects provides layers of sonic splendor and adds a crowning level of authority to any vintage keyboard sound. The SV-2 features six independent stages of studio-grade signal processing, highlighted by the KORG Valve Reactor. This Valve Reactor circuit delivers the added warmth or snarl that only a true 12AX7A vacuum tube can provide. As with the sounds themselves, all of the effect models are faithful to the originals, and are designed to match the performance, limitations, and behavior of the chosen effect.
Effect stages include:
- 3-BAND EQUALIZER (Bass, Middle and Treble)
- PRE FX (Compression, Boost, U-Vibe, Chorus/Vibrato, Tremolo, Wah)
- AMP MODEL (Amp Modeling, Cabinet Simulation, and Noise Reduction)
- MODULATION FX (Chorus 1 & 2, Phaser 1 & 2, Flanger, and Rotary Pro CX3)
- REVERB/DELAY (Room, Plate, O-Verb, Spring, Tape Echo and Stereo Delay)
- LIMITER (Master Limiter)
Easy to use and simple to control, these period-accurate effects and amp models add authenticity to your vintage and modern sonic pursuits.
Modern ConnectionsThe SV-2S 73 is host to all the audio jacks, data connections, and pedal ports that today’s professional stage pianos require. In addition to the Left and Right 1/4" audio outputs, there are Left and Right XLR outputs for connecting directly to a studio console or onstage snake, without requiring any direct boxes or impedance matching transformers. The headphone output allows for onstage monitoring or for rehearsing in private. Din-style MIDI IN and MIDI Out jacks connect easily to other MIDI instruments and music equipment; the USB port provides a data link between the SV-2 and a computer.
There are 3 pedal connections: Damper, Pedal 1, and Pedal 2. The DS-2H Damper pedal is included, and responds to half-pedaling for an authentic piano response. Pedal 1 is designed for a switch type of pedal, and can operate as a piano Sostenuto pedal, or as a Fast/Slow switch when the Rotary Pro effect is on. Pedal 2 can accept either a sweep-type pedal—great for authentic Wah effects and accurate organ volume control—or an additional switch pedal, providing the piano purist with access to all three piano pedal functions by adding the Una Chorda (soft) function.
Free SV-2 EditorDespite the wealth of on-board SV-2S 73 features, the SV-2 Editor (available as a free download for Windows or Mac) provides a convenient and detailed pathway to editing, organizing, cataloging, and storing sounds—and edited Favorites—for the SV-2. In addition, the SV-2 Editor offers access to additional sounds that were not previously loaded into your SV-2. The SV-2 Editor also makes it easy to setup customized split and/or layered Favorites and save them into memory. Additional SV-2 libraries released by KORG can be accessed and loaded using the SV-2 Editor load to renew your personal sound catalog.
Call or click to order today.
- Keys: 73 keys (E to E), Velocity sensitive KORG RH3 (Real Weighted Hammer Action 3)
- Touch selection: Eight curves
- Tuning: Master Transpose, Master Tune, Tuning curves
- Sound generation: EDS-X (Enhanced Definition Synthesis - eXpanded)
- Maximum Polyphony: 128 notes
- Multi Sound: Layer, Split
- Factory Sounds: 72 (6 Basic sounds x 2 sets, 6 variations)
- EP1 (Vintage): MK I Suitcase, MK I Stage, MK II Suitcase, MK II Stage, MK V Stage, MK V Bright, Dyno EP, Dyno EP Bright, Wurly, Wurly Classic, Wurly Dark, Wurly Bright
- EP2 (Various): FM Piano 1, FM Piano 2, FM Piano 3, FM Piano & Pad, Pianet T, Pianet N, Hybrid Pi-ano, Hybrid Tine, Wurly & Strings, FM & Strings, MK II & Pad, FM & Pad
- Piano 1 (Acoustic): German Grand, German Classic, Italian Grand, Italian Bright, Japanese Grand, Japanese Bright, Austrian Grand, Austrian Classic, Japanese Upright, Upright Bright, German Upright, Rock Piano
- Piano 2 (Various): Electric Grand, German Mono, KORG M1 Piano, KORG SG-1D, Digital Piano, Electra Piano, Tack Piano, Honky-Tonk, Piano & Strings, Piano & Pad, Piano & Synth, Piano & Brass
- Clavier: Clav AC, Clav AD, Clav BC, Clav BD, Harpsichord, Harpsichord Oct, Perc. Organ, Rock Organ, Jazz Organ, VOX Organ, Church Organ, Pipe Organ
- Other: Full Strings, Classic Strings, Tape Strings, Strings & Voices, Warm Pad, Bright Pad, Orchestra, Pizzicato & Glock, Brass, Synth Brass, Pad/Mini Lead, Pad/SynthLead
- Favorite sounds: 64 (8 banks x 8 variations) for saving of customized settings
- 6 effects (5 effects + 1 total effect)
- Equalizer: Bass, Mid, Treble
- Pre FX: Red comp, Treble boost, U-Vibe, Vibrato, Tremolo, VOX Wah (Auto or Pedal control)
- Amplifier models: Clean, Twin, Tweed, AC30, Boutique, Organ Amp + Cabinet Models, Valve Reactor Technology – 12AX7 (ECC83) valve
- Modulation: Classic Chorus, Black Chorus, Orange Phaser, Small Phaser, MX Flanger, Rotary (Slow/Fast control)
- Ambient: Room, Plate, Hall, Spring, Tape Echo, Stereo Delay (Tap tempo)
- Total FX (only editable with SV-2 Editor): Stereo Mastering Limiter, Stereo Limiter
- PANEL CONTROLS
- Master Volume, Transpose, Local Off, Touch, Function
- Sound Select: TYPE knob, VARIATION knob, FAVORITES 1–8 switches
- Favorite Sound select: 1–8 switches, SOUND TYPE knob
- Effect Control:
- Equalizer: On/Off switch, BASS knob, MID knob, TREBLE knob
- Pre FX: On/Off switch, TYPE knob, SPEED knob, INTENSITY knob, AUTO/PEDAL switch (available when the TYPE = Vox Wah)
- Amplifier: On/Off switch, TYPE knob, DRIVE knob
- Modulation: On/Off switch, TYPE knob, SPEED knob, INTENSITY knob, Slow/Fast switch (available when the TYPE = Rotary.)
- Ambient: On/Off switch, TYPE knob, DEPTH knob, Tap (available when TYPE = Stereo Delay)
- INPUT/OUTPUT CONNECTIONS
- Audio Output: L, R connector (XLR balanced), L/MONO jack, R MONO jack (6.3 mm [1/4"] unbal-anced), stereo phone jack on the front panel 6.3 mm [1/4"].
- Audio Input: L/MONO jack, R/MONO jack (6.3 mm [1/4"] unbalanced)
- MIDI: IN jack, OUT jack
- USB: 2.0 Type B connector (doubles the MIDI Interface)
- Damper Pedal: KORG DS-2H (included), DS-1H(sold separately)
- Pedal 1: PS-1 foot switch, PS-3 foot switch (sold separately)
- Pedal 2: Volume/Expression, XVP-20, EXP-2, PS-1 foot switch, or PS-3 foot switch (sold separately)
- DIMENSIONS (Excluding music stand):
- SV-2/SV-2S (73key): (W x D x H) 45.0" x 13.66" x 6.1" / 1,143 mm x 347 mm x 157 mm
- SV-2/2V-2S (88key): (W x D x H) 53.3" x 13.66" x 6.1" / 1,356 mm x 347 mm x 157 mm
- WEIGHT (excluding music stand)
- SV-2 73key: 17.2 kg/37.91 lbs, SV-2S 73key: 18.3 kg/40.34 lbs
- SV-2 88key: 20.35 kg/44.86 lbs, SV-2S 88key: 21.45 kg/47.28 lbs
- Power Supply: Internal switching adapter, AC 100~240 V, 50/60 Hz
- Power Consumption: SV-2: 16 W, SV-2S: 25 W
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES
- Power cable, Music stand, DS-2H damper pedal, Quick Guide
- Power: 2 x 15 W
- Speakers: 2 x 2.5" with 2 x 3" passive radiator
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.