- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Moog 16 Channel Vocoder
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L74245 000000000 L74245000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Originally introduced in 1978, the Moog 16 Channel Vocoder has been used to transmute vocals, transform synthesizers and electronically encode sound ...Click To Read More About This Product
Reproduction of the legendary vocoder derived from the original vintage schematic.
Originally introduced in 1978, the Moog 16 Channel Vocoder has been used to transmute vocals, transform synthesizers and electronically encode sound for over 40 years. The Moog factory in Asheville, NC has resumed production of the highly sought-after instrument. Derived from the original vintage schematic, the Moog 16 Channel Vocoder’s analog voice circuits are hand-soldered to preserve that classic late-’70s sound. Updated mechanical connectors and a modern power supply improve reliability and long-term serviceability. However, they’ve ensured that the analog soul of this instrument—and its unique character and idiosyncrasies—remains unchanged.
The Moog 16 Channel Vocoder is a powerful tool for analog sound design, crafted to provide a lifetime of sonic experimentation and creative inspiration. The Moog 16 Channel Vocoder continuously analyzes the timbral characteristics of one sound (Program) and impresses these characteristics upon a second signal (Carrier). Use the Moog 16 Channel Vocoder to dial in beautiful choral accompaniments, expressive melodic voicings and lush analog articulations.
16 BandsThe Moog 16 Channel Vocoder offers 16 patchable bands ranging from 50–5,080 Hz. These frequencies are optimal for encoding the fundamental spectral characteristics of the human voice. A selectable DIRECT mode passes an additional high-frequency channel (above 5,080 Hz) to the vocoder output for a greater degree of vocal intelligibility. While traditionally associated with vocal effects, the Moog 16 Channel Vocoder’s ultra-fast response time also makes it useful for capturing the fast transients of percussive sounds.
Sample & HoldWhen you articulate a sound and press the Sample/Hold switch, the tonal characteristics of that sound will be held until the switch is returned to the out position. This function is particularly useful in creating sustained vocal phrases without pausing for breath. This feature can be controlled via remote footswitch.
External PatchUse the included patch cables to interconnect the 16 Channel Vocoder with other analog gear. Or, create unusual cross patches, allowing you to select any frequency range of the Program. Then impose those characteristics on any frequency range of the Carrier.
Hiss, Buzz and BalanceFootswitch Operation
Via footswitch, you can remotely control the Sample/Hold, External Patch and effect Status parameters for live performance.
Call or click to order today.
- Processor Type: Vocoder
- Analog/Digital: Analog
- Number of Channels: 16
- Form: Desktop and Rackmountable
- Effects: Vocoder with Sample/Hold, External Patch, Hiss & Buzz
- Analog Inputs: x1 Carrier Audio, x1 Program Audio, x16 Filter Band CV, x3 Footswitchable (Sample/Hold, Patch Select, Bypass)
- Analog Outputs: x1 Main Output Audio, 16x Filter Band CV
- Power Source: External power supply, 120/240 VAC input, 12VDC @ 3A output
- Power Usage: 16W at 12VDC
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 17.34", 15.31", 7"
- Weight: ~17.5lbs
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.