Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT 6 AM - 6 PM PT
SUN 6 AM - 5 PM PT
Moog Grandmother Semi-Modular Analog Synthesizertrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Moog Grandmother Semi-Modular Analog Synthesizer
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Top Seller
- Flexible Financing
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Semi-modular analog synthesizer with 32-note Fatar keybed and built-in spring reverb tank.
Like its predecessors, Moog Grandmother's sound engine, modulation engine and onboard spring reverb tank are fully analog. With the Grandmother, what you see is what you get. No menu diving, no recall, nothing to get in the way of you and your sound.
Moog Grandmother lets you start playing right out of the box without any patching. To experience the full creative potential of Grandmother, use any of its 41 patch points to override its internal circuitry to create your own complex signal routing. Choose from 21 inputs, 16 outputs and a parallel-wired 4-jack mult. The options are only limited by your imagination, and with the ability to integrate the Moog Grandmother into other modular synths like the Mother-32 or DFAM, or even into larger Eurorack systems, the possibilities are infinite.
All analog architecture
The basic building blocks of a modular synth are included in the Moog Grandmother's design, and even some welcomed extras. There are two analog oscillators each with their own selectable waveforms including triangle, sawtooth, square and pulse, with a hard sync button to align them appropriately. The analog LFO is perfect for adding some movement to your sound and with its audio-rate capability, it can act as a third oscillator for bigger, more aggressive sounds. There's also a classic Moog 4-pole 10Hz-20kHz Ladder filter, patchable 1-pole high-pass filter, and an analog ADSR envelope generator ready to sculpt your sound.
Onboard spring reverb
The Grandmother would be an excellent machine with only the essentials, but Moog innovates further by adding in an analog hardware spring reverb tank that can add a subtle shine, while taming any harsh frequencies. The reverb tank can also be used to process external sources as a standalone effect. Grandmother also has a built-in arpeggiator that's easy to use and an onboard sequencer that can store up to 3 sequences with up to 256 notes each.
Retro looks with modern connectivity
Despite its vintage-inspired design, the Moog Grandmother has all of the connectivity needed for a modern production environment. There's a 5-pin MIDI In/Out/Thru as well as MIDI over USB for instant integration with your host computer. Grandmother also features 1/4 in. main output and a 1/4 in. external audio input for guitars, drum machines, and more. Grandmother's 32-note premium Fatar keybed makes this a premium standalone synth but will also work perfectly as the front end to an existing modular system. No matter how you decide to use it, Grandmother will give you a lifetime of sound exploration.
- 100% analog synthesizer with 32-note Fatar keybed
- Semi-modular design, requires no patching to play
- All normalized connections can be interrupted for full modularity
- Hardware Spring Reverb can be used to process external sounds
- 1/4” External audio input for guitars, drum machines, and more
- Easy to use Arpeggiator and Sequencer
- Store up to 3 sequences with up to 256 notes each
- 2 Analog Oscillators with selectable waveshape and hard sync
- Classic 4-Pole 10Hz-20kHz Ladder filter
- Patchable 1-Pole High Pass filter
- Analog ADSR Envelope Generator
- Analog LFO with audio-rate capabilities
- DIN MIDI In/Out/Thru and USB MIDI
- Patchable bipolar attenuator
- Works with Mother-32, DFAM, Eurorack modular systems and more
- 41 patch points with 21 inputs, 16 outputs and a Parallel-Wired 4-jack Mult
Get ready for a world of pure analog sound design, order Grandmother today!
Also Available In These Cost-Saving Bundles
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.