- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Moog Minitaur Bass Synthesizer
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- H79946 000000000 H79946000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
With Moog's Minotaur, you don't have to traverse a labyrinth to create analog bass sounds of mythical proportions. Part of the Taurus family of Moog ...Click To Read More About This Product
A beast for bass lovers.
With Moog's Minotaur, you don't have to traverse a labyrinth to create analog bass sounds of mythical proportions. Part of the Taurus family of Moog instruments, this compact analog bass synthesizer provides you with all the growl, snarl and low end its siblings are known for in an uncomplicated one knob per function format. Whether you're using it as part of your live rig or as extra weapon in your studio arsenal, the Minotaur, unlike it's legendary namesake, has a small footprint, measuring a mere 8.5 x 5.25 in.
This rugged synthesizer features two oscillators with Sawtooth and Square wave-shapes for each VCO so you can recreate the sounds of the original Taurus, create new sounds with square waves or do a combination of both. There is also a Moog Ladder Filter with adjustable resonance for old-school bass with impact, 2 Minimoog-style ASDSR Envelope Generators for VCF and VCA, MIDI-syncable LFO with control for Rate, VCO LFO and VCF LFO amount. It also comes with DIN MIDI and MIDI over USB for even more control options, as well as external audio input so you can process your own external audio through it's mixer and filters for even crazier bass combinations.
- One knob per function interface for tweaking and creating new sounds
- Two oscillators with Sawtooth (Original Taurus) and Square wave-shapes for each VCO
- 2 Mixer VCAs for VCO levels control of Oscillators 1 and 2
- Two Minimoog style ADSR Envelope Generators for modulating VCF and VCA
- MIDI-syncable LFO with controls for Rate, VCO LFO Amount, and VCF LFO Amount
- DIN MIDI and MIDI over USB offer complete control of sound engine
- Analog Control inputs for Pitch, Filter, Volume and Gate
- External audio input for processing external audio through the Mixer and Filter section
- Select and save directly from front panel, via MIDI controller or with the free Minitaur Editor / Librarian software.
- Editor/Librarian software, seamless DAW integration now with full Windows support
- Tri, Sqr, Saw, Ramp, S&H and Filter EG modulation sources
- Hard sync accesses a completely new sonic palette with your Minitaur
- Modulation of OSC 2 only pairs with Hard Sync for syncopated metallic sweeps and surges
- Assignable CV inputs control any feature on your Minitaur via control voltage
- CV to MIDI conversion brings control voltage into your DAW for analog control over digital circuits
Don't let the small size fool ya, 'cause this analog bass synth will school you. Order today!
- Sound engine: analog
- Presets: 128 presets
- Polyphony: monophonic (can be poly-chained)
- External controller response: keyboard, pitch bend, mod wheel, after pressure and velocity
- Sound sources: 2 waveshape oscillators with square and saw waveshapes
- VCO 2 freq: +/-12 semitones
- Hard sync: on/off
- Oscillator calibration range: 22hz-6.8khz. Note range at 8’ = 18 - 116
- Glide: select LCR, LCT, EXP - legato on/off
- Filter: 20hz-20khz Moog ladder filter
- Modulation sources: LFO (triange, square, saw, ramp, sample & hold), filter envelope
- Modulation destinations: oscillator pitch, oscillator 2 pitch only, filter cutoff
- LFO panel features: rate control, VCO LFO amount and VCF LFO amount
- Envelopes: 2x ADSR envelopes with legato on, legato off and EG reset
- External audio input: ¼ in. TS
- Audio output: ¼ TS, ⅛ in. TRS headphone with volume control
- MIDI I/O: din in, and MIDI I/O over USB
- Assignable CV/gate inputs: filter CV (fixed dest.), pitch CV (default), volume CV (default), KB gate (default)
- CV to MIDI conversion: yes
- Included power supply: 100-250vac, 50-60hz, +12vdc
- Weight: 2.5lbs (1.2kg)
- Dimensions: 3.1 x 8.75 x 5.1 in.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.