- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Moog Werkstatt 01
- Write a Review
- J12292 000000000 J12292000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Werkstatt-˜1: Moogfest 2014 Kit is for anyone who loves all things Moog, and for anyone else who's interested in an affordably priced synthesizer...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Build your own patchable, compact, one oscillator analog synthesizer.
The Werkstatt-˜1: Moogfest 2014 Kit is for anyone who loves all things Moog, and for anyone else who's interested in an affordably priced synthesizer with a huge analog sound that Moog is famous for. Werkstatt-˜1 is a patchable and compact, one oscillator analog synthesizer, one of Moog's first synthesizers designed primarily for the education. It was originally created as a kit to be used exclusively in the "Engineering VIP" workshops at the 2014 Moogfest, an annual event that pays homage to the brilliant vision and creative spirit of Robert Moog and his amazing inventions.
Now, thanks to an unexpected amount of requests, Moog is offering the Werkstatt-˜1 in a non-soldering version that is ideal for young electronic musicians as a first analog synthesizer and introduction into modular patching. Assembly is required, but it's extremely simple, and the design of the Werkstatt-˜1 also makes it ideal for those that desire to experiment with and modify analog circuits.
Since assembly is so easy, user can quickly build their very own analog synthesizer, based on some of the most classic analog Moog circuitry. Through assembly and inspired investigation, the Werkstatt-˜1 is an excellent platform for exploring the world of analog synthesizer circuits. It is a great solution for Ableton, Cubase, Logic X, and MPC users - who can use Werkstatt-˜1 to sample and create unique "analog" instruments within their DAW. A lifetime of experimentation, knob twisting, and sound design awaits.
- Single VCO w/ frequency control (8Hz to 16KHz)
- Saw and square waveshapes w/ control for square pulse width
- Envelope or LFO selectable Mod Source that can be assigned to PWM or Pitch w/ Amount control
- Ability to PWM the square wave
- Classic 4-Pole Moog Ladder Filter w/ Resonance control (20Hz-20KHz)
- Select between the Envelope generator and LFO as Mod Source.
- Polarity switch (+/-) and amount knob for control of filter cutoff modulation
- Selectable Square or Triangle waveshape w/ rate control (2Hz-600Hz)
- Select between the Envelope Generator or ON (Drone)
- Controls for Attack & Decay time w/ Sustain On/Off switch
- One octave low-note priority legato keyboard w/ glide control
- VCA Input0V to +5V in VCA EG Mode, +/-2.5V in VCA ON Mode
- VCF Input-5V to +5
- VCO LINEAR FM Input +/-2.5V - NOTE: this is an inverting control input
- VCO EXPONENTIAL FM Input -5V to +5V, 1V/Octave trimmable
- LFO CV Input 5V to +5V - NOTE: Negative CV slows LFO more than the panel
- VCF AUDIO InputUnbuffered/Unmixed AC coupled input to VCF
- 2x KB CV Output3V/semitone from 1 keyboard - NOTE: Attenuate for 1V/Octave
- 2x TRIG Output 5 msec pulse, 0 to +5 V signal generated from low-note priority
- 2x GATE Output0 to +5V signal generated from low-note priority
- 2x EG Output0 to +5V signal, Simple ASD or AD type Envelope Generator
- 2x LFO Output -2.5 to +2.5V Triangle or Square wave, selected via LFO Switch
- 2x VCF Output-2V to +2 V signal for audio or CV uses
- 2x VCO Output0V to +5V VCO signal, wave selected by VCO Wave Switch
- AUDIO Output Nominal +/-1.5V Signal
- POWER+12VDC Center Positive w/ 1.2A Wall transformer
- POWER CONSUMPTION 1.8 Watt AVG
Craft your own Moog sound today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.