- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Muse Research RECEPTOR VIP
- Write a Review
- Product H93924
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The RECEPTOR VIP is a dedicated hardware device based on computer technology that can run all of the latest virtual instrument and effects plug-ins. ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Hardware virtual instrument player with 1TB drive.
The RECEPTOR VIP is a dedicated hardware device based on computer technology that can run all of the latest virtual instrument and effects plug-ins. Nowadays, almost all recording is done using computers, with virtual instruments and effects software being used to create the sounds, grooves, and textures that make up today's top tracks. The RECEPTOR VIP allows you to harness all of the power from today's plug-ins and tailors them for instant accessibility when performing live.
The RECEPTOR VIP provides a completely updated user-interface from the original version, coupled with breakthrough features that let you make use of all the power and expressivity possible with software instruments and effects without the hassles of a computer. The RECEPTOR VIP is a new, faster, cheaper RECEPTOR model with something for everyone.
What is it exactly?
RECEPTOR VIP is not a computer. And it's not a hardware synth or effects processor, either. RECEPTOR VIP is a "hybrid music instrument" that serves as a standalone solution for running virtual instruments and effects software. With RECEPTOR VIP, you don't have to buy a bunch of interfaces and install a bunch of drivers to start making music, since the VIP is a complete, rack-mount musical instrument and effects processor that works right out of the box. Nothing more to buy, install, or fiddle with to get working.
RECEPTOR VIP provides a custom front panel hardware user interface that lets you harness all the power and versatility of virtual instruments and effects with minimal hassle - no computer monitor required - making the RECEPTOR VIP something that ALL musicians can use.
RECEPTOR VIP is software-powered, but it employs a custom, purpose-built operating system and host application for running your software to let you make music without the worry or hassle of system conflicts, long boot and load times, slow disc messages, system hiccups, viruses, and the other stability problems that plague computers. Even better, the RECEPTOR VIP is designed for superior playability, so your favorite virtual instruments and effects feel better than ever before.
Something for everyone
The RECEPTOR VIP is software-based, so it can appeal to a very wide range of musicians, including keyboardists, guitarists (both electric and acoustic), vocalists, percussionists, and live sound mix engineers. And of course, if you happen to be a guitarist or keyboardist or percussionist who sings, well you'll be even more delighted because RECEPTOR VIP does more than one thing at once... You can process your guitar while you sing, or play that killer piano while your friend plays guitar or bass... or even process two guitars separately and simultaneously!
Easy to use thanks to SoundFinder
RECEPTOR VIP features an entirely updated user-interface that takes only minutes to master called SoundFinder. This means that ANYONE, regardless of their technical sophistication, can start taking advantage of the remarkable world of software virtual instruments and effects with the turn of a knob and the push of a button.
Muse Research's exclusive SoundFinder interface organizes the hundreds of presets in the VIP into simple categories called TAGS. RECEPTOR VIP starts up in PLAY mode, which lets you choose a category (TAG) of sounds or effects you are interested with the lower knob, then select a specific sound or effect you want to play with the top knob, and pressing either knob to load. That's all there is to it!
RECEPTOR VIP comes with pre-defined TAGS for the categories of sounds, like Acoustic Pianos, Electric Pianos, Pad Synths, etc., as well as TAGS for the type of effects you might need like Electric Guitar Effects, Acoustic Guitar Effects, or Vocal Processing Effects. Of course SoundFinder also lets you create your own custom TAGS to organize your sounds however you want.
Breakthrough new feature for performing live
LIVE MODE lets you take the contents of any TAG and pre-load the sounds or effects in that TAG using a proprietary look-ahead intelligent caching technology. This lets pre-loads your sounds (up to the limits of the available RAM) and move from sound to sound (or effect to effect) instantly with no waiting for subsequent sounds or effects to load.
Using LIVE MODE is incredibly simple: select a TAG, enter Live Mode and start playing! LIVE MODE starts at the top of your list of sounds, and as you finish with your previous sounds, they are automatically unloaded and new sounds are loaded in their place. The previous preset you played is always kept available, as are several more that are "down the list", making it an ideal feature for moving quickly from song to song or cue to cue during rehearsals.
Over $900 of software to get you going
RECEPTOR VIP comes with a complete assortment of premium virtual instruments and effects software, ready to use, right out of the box - over $900 worth in total, making RECEPTOR VIP an exceptional value. The included software covers a wide range of instruments and synthesis styles, with over 4GB of quality sounds built-in (MusePlayer by UVI), various virtual analog and physical modeling synthesizers (AAS Player, Alchemy Player, and Forefront Amber), as well as a comprehensive set of effects that includes guitar processing (Peavey ReValver HP, Amplitube Duo), vocal processing (MuVoice LE), and superior studio-quality effects (Camel Phat, Camel Space, MasterVerb4, TrackPlug4, and more).
- Use all your favorite software instruments and effects without the hassles of a computer
- Completely updated user-interface from the original RECEPTOR
- Rack-mount musical instrument and effects processor
- Dual-Core Intel 3GHz processor, 1TB Hard drive, and 4GB of high-speed RAM
- Dedicated mic/instrument input volume control and 3 segment LED meters
- Ideal for keyboardists, guitarists, vocalists, percussionists, and live sound engineers
- Exclusive SoundFinder interface organizes hundreds of presets into simple categories
- Pre-defined TAGS for acooustic pianos, pad synths, electric guitar effects, vocal effects, and more
- Comes loaded with over $900 of premium virtual instrumetns and effects
Take your favorite plug-ins out of the studio and onto the stage, order RECEPTOR VIP today!
- Processor: Dual-Core Intel 3GHz processor
- Drive: 1TB 7200RPM Hard drive with 64MB cache, Optional 256GB SSD drive.
- RAM: 4GB of 1333MHz high-speed DDR3 RAM
- Power: 100-240VAC, 50/60Hz, Auto-ranging, Auto-power correction power supply.
- Dimensions: 2U high (3.5" / 8.9 cm) by 11.25" / 28.6cm deep by 19" / 48.3cm wide (Case is 17.375" wide)
- Weight: Unit weighs 14 pounds (6.3kg), 17.5 pounds (7.9kg) with pack-out kit and box.
- 2 channels line level balanced inputs OR 2 channel mic/instrument inputs.
- 2 channels line level unbalanced outputs.
- Passive mix mode for connecting external CD or MP3 player, drum machine, etc.
- Front panel headphone output.
- Full Size MIDI input.
- Four USB ports.
- VGA video output for viewing / editing software interface of plug-ins.
- Phantom power.
- Dedicated mic/instrument input volume control and 3 segment LED meters.
- Ethernet port.
- MusePlayer sample player: over 4GB of pristine sounds, including a 900MB piano.
- AAS Player with dozens of custom presets
- Camel Audio Alchemy Player Synthesizer with dozens of custom presets
- U-He Triple Cheese Karplus-Strong synth with dozens of high quality sounds.
- ForeFront Amber Lite physically modeled grand piano
- Peavey ReValver Guitar amp and effects modeling
- MuTech MuVoice LE with dozens of vocal processing presets
- WaveArts MasterVerb 4 professional reverberation effects plug-in
- WaveArts TrackPlug 4 professional channel strip with EQ/Compressor/Limiter/Gate
- Camel Audio Camel Phatt, Camel Space, and Camel Crusher distortion, filter, and delay effects.
- Gallo Engineering Studio Devil BVC Guitar Amp Modeler
- Kjaerhus Audio Classic EQ, Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Reverb, Limiter
- IK Multimedia Amplitube 2 Duo Amp Modeler
- Big Tick Dual Delay, Hexaline, TickyClav, Cheeze Machine
- EVM Synths MicroSynth
- AudioNerdz Delay Lama
- Green Oak Crystal Synth
- GTG Synths LOG Synth, PD Poly, Tranzister, Yuno 2
- Rumpelrausch Taips ZR-3
- Xoxos Synger
- Smart Electronics H20, MadShifta, SupaPhaser
- Destroy FX Buffer Override, EQ Sync, Monomaker, RMS Buddy, Scrubby, Skidder
- GVST Gloop Audio Looper
- Steinberg Karlette
- Toby Bear CowDelay, Decimator
- Wurr Audio Green Gate, Green Wah, Little Booster, GreenMachine Amp II
- Virtual Creations Ultra Phazer