Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Powerful music production, now with downloadable updates, 50 new features, and 1GB of new samples.
MASCHINE is constantly evolving; the latest 1.8 free update makes it possible to do offline time stretching and pitch shifting, host transport control, pre-listen to samples from hardware browser, and muc more. There are even new effects like Transient Master and Tape/Tube Saturators all for a free update.
MASCHINE integrates easily into your computer-based studio setup. Use the hardware controller to find, load, and play sounds, automate parameters, and arrange patterns on the fly. Combine this with the ability to control and sequence all of your external hardware instruments, or switch to MIDI mode to control other software.
After quickly and intuitively developing your ideas, drag and drop your patterns as MIDI or audio files directly into your DAW to finalize and mix your production. You™ll soon realize MASCHINE is a powerhouse capable of revolutionizing the way you make music.
Creative Performance Tool
MASCHINE is fast becoming the ultimate performance tool for creative musicians. The MASCHINE controller is super-sturdy, yet easily portable. The highly responsive pads and endless rotary knobs are addictively playable, while the two backlit displays keep you informed of what's going on - perfect for any club or stage.
Use MASCHINE as an instrument for performing your own tracks, or sync it with other gear like TRAKTOR PRO 2 (sold separately) to add more dynamics to your live set.
Supreme Sounds Mode
MASCHINE comes with over 6GB of ready-to-use, professional and inspiring sounds. Create rhythms and melodies right away with the included drum kits, one-shot samples, basses, synths, and acoustic instruments - all fully tagged for easy browsing.
MASCHINE now also includes KOMPLETE ELEMENTS (worth $59 / 49 ), providing more than 1,000 stunning sounds drawn from the flagship KOMPLETE 7, opening a world of styles and flavors ready for use in your productions. And now, you can add extra fuel to your MASCHINE with the new range of MASCHINE EXPANSIONS - premium sample kits created by renowned sound designers and artists.
What's New in MASCHINE 1.6
Use any Native Instruments or 3rd-party VST or Audio Units plug-ins directly inside MASCHINE. You can even hook up combinations: e.g. load MASSIVE (sold separately) to Slot 1 and GUITAR RIG (sold separately) to Slot 2 “ and tweak them both from the hardware controller - the parameters are automatically mapped to the knobs on the MASCHINE hardware.
KOMPLETE ELEMENTS Included
To get you started using plug-ins inside MASCHINE a free copy of KOMPLETE ELEMENTS is included with this update. KOMPLETE ELEMENTS comprises over 1,000 stunning sounds drawn from the flagship KOMPLETE software bundle, including KONTAKT' vintage ABBEY ROAD drum kit and Vienna Symphonic orchestral instruments, six REAKTOR synthesizers and 35 GUITAR RIG amps and effects.
In addition to plug-in hosting, many other new improvements have been made. These include pad-link, swing per sound, internal drag-and-drop of audio, renaming of clips, duplication improvements, and 16 stereo outputs.
Any pads in the same link group can trigger each other “ play multiple sounds such as two snares and a clap by hitting just one pad. Select one or more pads to be the master, and others in the group to follow as the slaves - perfect for musicians using MASCHINE in a live context.
Swing Per Sound
Swing allows for rhythmic shifting of a pattern, creating a shuffled, live feel. Swing can now also be applied to individual sounds in MASCHINE 1.6, rather than just at the Group or Master level.
The architecture of MASCHINE' module slots have been modified to allow great freedom and flexibility, with instrument and effect plug-ins now selectable in the first module position - select either Sampler, Input, MIDI Out or Plug-ins for the first module slot and use the remaining slots to host any combination of effects, external or internal.
Now you can drag-and-drop single or multiple files into MASCHINE directly from your operating system, and build up your own customized library of samples. Plus it's now easy to move audio within MASCHINE from one location to another - great for converting a Group to audio to free up resources in MASCHINE.
Compatibility Notice: OS X 10.11 El Capitan (release date 9/30/15)
As with all major operating system updates, it is vital to check the compatibility of your hardware and software before upgrading your system. For new computer owners, it' highly advised to check with manufacturers on when they expect their products to be fully compatible with the latest operating system.
FeaturesNew features in MASCHINE 1.8
- Offline time stretching and pitch shifting
- New effect: Transient Master
- New effect: Tape and Tube Saturators
- Save group with samples feature
- Host Transport Control: Maschine hardware transport controls can be used with host
- Sample play position indicator on the waveform (hardware and software)
- AutoWrite pinning
- AutoWrite on Maschine Mikro
- Improved handling of missing samples
- Pre-hear samples from the hardware browser before loading them
- Choke all playing sampler voices feature ("panic button": Shift + Mute)
- Revised select page (hardware) with access to note length
- Quick select events of a sound in a pattern (Shift + Select + Pad)
- Quick erase events of a sound in a pattern (Erase + Select + Pad)
- Combines intuitive sequencer, sampler, and over 20 high-quality effects with realtime control and flexible routing into an inspiring Groove Production Studio
- Dedicated controller with 16 high-quality pads, 41 buttons, and 11 rotary encoders for playing, recording, sequencing, automation, and arrangement
- Fast workflow with pattern-based arrangement and smooth hardware, software, and host environment integration
- Features step sequencing, real-time recording, note repeat, slicing, and auto-mapping for intuitive jamming
- Over 5GB of inspiring, studio-quality sounds with over 10,000 samples and hundreds of patterns perfectly suited for electronic, urban, and indietronic genres
- Extensive MIDI-mapping capabilities to control other hardware and software
- Easy-to-use browser with tagging of kits, instruments, samples, and effects
- Intuitive automation recording and step automation editing
- Sampling from external and internal sources with threshold detection
- Works as a plug-in for any software sequencer supporting VST, AU, or RTAS
- Program import from Akai MPC 500/ 1000 /2000(XL)/ 2500/ 3000/ 4000
- 2 vintage sampling modes emulating the sound of MPC60 / SP-1200 (with 5 filter settings)
- Individual swing for each group
- 16 Velocity Levels, Map one sound to the 16 pads for dynamic grooves
- Improved polyphony with choke and legato options on Sound level
- MIDI pitch bend and CC (i.e. mod wheel) support
- More than 10 new destructive audio editing tools such as normalize, truncate, reverse, fade in & out, silence, cut, copy. and paste
- Revised slicing: preview slices, new "Split" mode for adjusting slices
- REX 2 file support
- Direct monitoring
- Improved waveform zooming, scrolling from hardware
- Sampling page: Ability to remember settings with project
- Save project with samples: Easily share projects
- New selection features: Select events from hardware
- Quiet sound selection: Select a sound without causing it to play”important when performing live
- Extensive MIDI I/O: sequence your external MIDI gear with MASCHINE and vice versa
- Improved GUI navigation from hardware
- Over 10 new hardware shortcuts for mouse-free editing
- Load kits without patterns: Hot swap through drum kits without changing the pattern
- New step mode: Adjust note pitch, velocity, and position
- Custom defaults: including pattern length and input quantize
- Increased performance: Reduced CPU load of many FX
- Export MIDI files or drag-and-drop of MIDI files directly into DAW: Layout a beat in MASCHINE in standalone mode then finalize the song in any host using MASCHINE as a plug-in sampler
- Drag-and-drop of audio: Export pattern as an audio file by dragging and dropping directly to DAW
- DAW recording of MASCHINE events: Bypass MASCHINE's internal sequencer and directly record into your host
- Group Macro Controls: Assign any parameter of the dedicated group (filter, pitch, any effect parameter) to the 8 knobs on the hardware
- Macro Controls can be assigned to MIDI channels and controlled from external MIDI-controllers or a DAW
- Over 1GB of all-new drum kits and multi-sampled instruments”now over 6GB of content with more than 18,000 samples in total
- MASCHINE versions of ABBEY ROAD: 60s & 70s Drums
- MASCHINE versions of SCARBEE basses & e-pianos
- MASCHINE version of upcoming new KONTAKT Instrument "SESSION STRINGS"
- Vintage MPC60 kits sampled by Goldbaby
- Vintage synth samples (SE-1, Moog Voyager, Korg MS 20, Juno 60) from URBAN ARSENAL 2
- New Grain Stretch effect: stretch out the break, until you're ready to dramatically drop the beat
Get the latest and greatest version of this incredible music production tool. Order today!
MASCHINE Groove Production Studio Specifications:System Requirements
- Windows XP (latest Service Pack, 32-bit), Windows Vista/Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 32/64-bit), Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz or Intel Core Duo or AMD Athlon 64, 2GB RAM
- Mac OS X 10.5 or 10.6 (latest update), Intel Core Duo, 2GB RAM
- Native 64-bit support for stand-alone and plug-in versions
- USB 2.0 Port, 11GB free disk space for complete installation
- This product runs in demo mode after installation and must be activated before full functionality is available.
- Audio Units
- RTAS (Pro Tools 8 and higher)
- Core Audio
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.