- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L57090 000001000 L57090000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Nord Grand is a knockout stage piano from first sight to first listen to first show. Its striking appearance with its sleek, modern lines and arr...Click To Read More About This Product
Beautiful to behold and to play.
The Nord Grand is a knockout stage piano from first sight to first listen to first show. Its striking appearance with its sleek, modern lines and arresting Nord Red finish presents a magnificent presence on stage, in your studio, and even when you are relating to it one-on-one in long, solitary practice sessions. There is a pride of ownership and sense of mission that descends upon a musician sitting down to a Nord Grand. The Nord Piano Library and the Nord Sample Library can be downloaded in their entirety from the Nord website.
The Sounds of the Nord GrandA primary focus of the sound engine of any professional stage piano must be its grand piano timbre. There is no more unforgiving performance environment than solo piano, and Nord’s grand piano library gives a musician all of the confidence of sitting down to a top-quality piano.
The Nord Grand factory bank includes 10 Grand Pianos, 9 Upright Pianos, 10 Enhanced Electric Pianos, Clavinet, Digital Pianos and more. They are presented with different equalization weightings, and are sampled from a variety of world-class pianos and sought-after vintage instruments. Nord’s state-of-the-art sampling techniques capture the extraordinary nuances and real character of the source instruments with breathtaking realism. All sounds in the registry can easily be replaced using the Nord Sound Manager. Nord’s exclusive Nord Piano Library is constantly updated with new unique world class sounds, and is always free of charge.
Nord’s attention to sonic detail extends to their Advanced String Resonance system, which reproduces the intricate interplay of piano strings resonating at their fundamental or harmonic frequencies when other notes are played. It is an essential element of high-level piano authenticity. It also adds the rich resonant ambience of a real piano when playing with pedal down.
That’s Not All, FolksMusicians don’t live by piano samples alone, and Nord supplies the professional with an exquisite selection of sounds apart from its arguable flagship Grand Piano timbres. The Sample Synth Section features a broad selection of Strings, Brass, Synths, Choirs and many other high quality sounds from the Nord Sample Library 3.0.
The extensive selection of sounds from the Nord Sample Library 3.0 includes the exclusively licensed sounds of the legendary Mellotron and Chamberlin. All sounds can be quickly replaced using the Nord Sound Manager.
The Sample Synth is equipped with essential controls for attack, decay/release and dynamics (filter/velocity) and dedicated Category buttons for quick navigation and selection of sample sounds. It is possible to create your own samples using the free Nord Sample Editor software for WIndows and Mac.
Nord Grand Effects SectionThe Effect section has a wide range of instantly tweakable high quality stereo effects modeled after classic stomp boxes. All effects can be assigned freely to the Piano or Sample Synth section. Included effects are:
Effects 1 - Pan, Tremolo, Wah-wah and Ring Modulator. All effects can be controlled with a Control Pedal.
Effects 2 - Phaser, Flanger, Chorus, Vibe effect and two selectable depths for each effect.
Delay - Stereo delay effect with Tap Tempo button
Equalizer - Three band EQ, with sweepable mid
Compressor/Amp - Twin, JC, Small, Compressor and a Tube Overdrive effect.
Reverb with three modes - Room, Stage, Hall each with a Bright option.
- 88-note Kawai Hammer Action with advanced triple sensors
- Ivory touch keys
- Seamless Transitions when changing programs
- Layer and Split with Split Point crossfades
- OLED display for excellent overview
- Support for Nord Piano Monitor
- 2 GB memory for Nord Piano Library
- 120 Voice Polyphony
- Dedicated Piano Filters for Acoustic and Electric Pianos
- 3 Dynamic Curves
- Dynamic Pedal Noise with Nord Triple Pedal (included)
- Advanced String Resonance
- Soft Release
- 512 MB Memory for Nord Sample Library 3.0
- Dedicated Sample Synth section with Attack, Decay/Release and dynamic controls
- High quality stereo effects modeled after classic stomp boxes
- Reverb with three modes - Room, Stage and Hall
If you are in the market for a quality stage piano, let the Nord Grand make your short list.
- 16 banks with 25 programs - 400 locations
- Live Mode - 5 Live programs
- Global and Program Transpose: +/- 6 semitones
- Fine-tune: +/- 50 Cents
- 88-note Kawai Responsive Hammer keybed with Advanced Triple Sensors
- Split functionality with selectable split point and LED indication
- Dynamic Sustain Pedal action with the included Nord Triple Pedal
- 6 types - Grand, Upright, Electric Pianos, Clavinet, Digital and Misc.
- Each category can contain up to 20 different models.
- 120 Voice Polyphony (stereo/mono pianos)
- Piano Timbre/EQ settings (Soft, Mid, Bright) with dedicated Electric Piano filters
- Advanced String Resonance (Generation 2) - adjustable amount
- Selectable Soft Release for Grand, Upright, Electric Pianos and Harpsichord
- Selectable Pedal Noise for Grand, Upright and Electric Pianos 1 - adjustable amount
- Octave transpose: -1/+1 (-6/+6 in Split mode, depending on Split position)
- 46 Voice Polyphony
- Amp envelope with Attack and Decay/Release
- Selectable velocity sensitive low pass filter and dynamic range
- Octave transpose: -1/+1 (-6/+6 in Split mode, depending on Split position)
- Volume controllable with Volume Pedal (not included)
- Approx. 2 GB dedicated to the Nord Piano Library
- Approx. 512 MB dedicated to the Nord Sample Library 3.0
- Effect 1: Pan, Tremolo, Wah and Ring Modulator
- Effect 2: Phaser 1, Phaser 2, Flanger, Chorus 1, Chorus 2 and Vibe
- Comp/Amp - three amp/speaker simulations, Tube Overdrive
- Drive/Compression amount controlled with the Drive knob
- Three band EQ, with sweepable mid. +/- 15 dB gain/attenuation
- Dedicated Reverb with Room, Stage and Hall algorithms, each with an additional Bright mode
- Dedicated Delay Effect - Rate, Amount and Tap-tempo function
- 2 Audio outputs L & R - ¼", 6,35 mm jacks, unbalanced
- 1 Monitor input - 1/8", 3,5 mm stereo jack
- 1 Headphone output - ¼", 6,35 mm stereo jack
- 1 Piano pedal input - ¼", 6,35 mm jack. Use the included Nord Triple Pedal
- 1 Volume Pedal input - ¼", 6,35 mm TRS stereo jack
- MIDI In, MIDI Out - 5 pin DIN connectors
- USB - type B connector - for transferring sounds and USB MIDI
- Nord Grand: 1286 mm (50.7"), 168 mm (6.6"), 387 mm (15,2")
- Nord Triple Pedal: 264 mm (10.4"), 224 mm (8.8"), 70 mm (2.8")
- Nord Grand: 20,9 kg (46.0 lbs), Pedal: 2 kg (4.4 lbs)
- Nord Triple Pedal, User Manual, Power cord
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.