- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Nord Piano 4
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L37355 000000000 L37355000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
**Nord is happy to announce new OS updates for Nord Electro 6, Nord Piano 4 and Nord Grand adding support for the Nord Sample Editor 3 software.The 4...Click To Read More About This Product
The next-generation Nord Piano with seamless transitions and expanded polyphony.
- Introducing the Nord Piano 4
- Jesús Molina Sessions: #1 Jazz/Fusion - "Worthy Lamb" feat. Morgan Ågren & Gustaf Hielm
- Jesús Molina Sessions: #2 Latin Jazz - “Cumbialada” feat. Morgan Ågren & Gustaf Hielm
- Jesús Molina Sessions: #3 Wurly Jam / Upright Blues
- Jesús Molina Sessions: #4 Solo Piano: Ragtime & Modern Jazz
- Melissa Jacobson Sessions: #1 Ravel - Prelude from Le Tombeau de Couperin
- Melissa Jacobson Sessions: #2 Bach - Prelude in E-flat, BWV 876, No 7 from WTC Book 2
- Melissa Jacobson Sessions: #3 Scarlatti - Sonata in A major K208
- Melissa Jacobson Sessions: #4 Chopin - Etude in E minor Op 25 No 5
**Nord is happy to announce new OS updates for Nord Electro 6, Nord Piano 4 and Nord Grand adding support for the Nord Sample Editor 3 software.
The 4th generation of Nord's award-winning Piano series combines greatly expanded voice polyphony, a premium Triple Sensor keybed and the acclaimed Virtual Hammer Action Technology for the ultimate piano experience. The Nord Piano 4 also includes brilliant new performance features like Seamless Transitions, dedicated Piano Filters and Split Point Crossfades delivering a live focused keyboard with exceptional piano feel. The Nord Piano Library and the Nord Sample Library can be downloaded in their entirety from the Nord website.
Piano 4 features seamless transitions when changing sounds or programs while playing. There's dedicated knobs and buttons for all essential functions required in a live performance situation. Transposing, setting up a split point or creating a layered sound can be accomplished in seconds. All of these features add up to an enhanced live performance.
Layers and Advanced Split Point Functionality
The Nord Piano 4 features two sound sections that can be combined in a layer or split over the keyboard. Each of the sound sections can have specific effects, Volume Pedal and/or Sustain Pedal assigned to them. The Piano 4 has 7 Split Points indicated with LED lights and the new Split Point Crossfade functionality, introduced with the Stage 3, offers smooth transitions between two split zones. Choose from 3 different crossfade widths (Small, Large or Off) as indicated by different LED colors.
Refined Program Section
The enhanced Organize mode includes Copy/Paste and Move functionality for quickly rearranging your Programs to your desired order and a new Page View lets you easily sort and organize pages as a song list. All Programs, Pianos and Synth Samples can be easily navigated using the new uniform List View that offers alphabetical, numerical and category sorting options.
The Nord Piano 4 factory bank contains Nord's latest Grands, Uprights, Electric Pianos and Digital Pianos from the exclusive Nord Piano Library - all handpicked for their unique characters. Nord’s state-of-the-art sampling techniques capture the extraordinary nuances and real character of the source instruments with breathtaking realism. All sounds can easily be replaced using the Nord Sound Manager. The exclusive Nord Piano Library is constantly updated with new unique world class sounds, and always free of charge.
Advanced String Resonance
Nord's unique Advanced String Resonance reproduces the intricate interplay of piano strings resonating at their fundamental or harmonic frequencies when other notes are played on the Upright and Grand piano sounds. Providing an additional level of sonic control, the Piano Section now features dedicated piano filters for accentuating softness, mid or brilliance.
Virtual Hammer Action Technology
The exclusive Virtual Hammer Action Technology, introduced with Nord Piano 3, simulates the hammer movements in a Grand Piano delivering outstanding authenticity and dynamic response. The Triple Sensor keybed allows key movements to be determined with stunning precision. The result is a keyboard action that handles dynamic playing with amazing control at any velocity level.
The Nord Virtual Hammer Action Technology enables you to produce a new note without lifting the key completely. This allows for smoother repetitions as the tone is not completely dampened between the strokes, similar to the fluent transitions possible on a Grand Piano.
Extended Triggering Range
Piano 4's keyboard technology makes both top and bottom triggering possible, resulting in amazing control when playing percussively as well as pianissimo with the keys half-pressed down. The keybed has added weight for improved dynamic control providing authentic Piano touch and feel. The individual Fatar keybeds are meticulously calibrated at the Nord factory to ensure an even response over the whole range.
- 88-note Triple Sensor keybed with grand weighted action
- Nord Virtual Hammer Action Technology
- Seamless Transitions
- Layer and Split with Split Point crossfade
- OLED display excellent overview
- Enhanced Organize Mode
- Numeric Pad for direct Program access
- Greatly expanded Polyphony (120 voices)
- Creative Piano Filters
- Greatly expanded Polyphony
- 512 MB Memory for Nord Sample Library 3.0
- High quality stereo effects modeled after classic stomp boxes
Experience the next-step in Nord's prestigious Piano Series.
- Number of keys: 88 Key
- Action: Graded-hammer
- Key size: Full
- Aftertouch / Velocity: Velocity Sensitive
- Polyphony (max): 120 voice
- Layers: Yes
- Split: Yes
- MIDI connectivity: In/Out
- Line output: L/MONO, R
- Line input: L/MONO, R
- USB Connectivity: Yes
- Headphone jacks: 1
- Pedal inputs: Volume, sustain
- Storage type: Internal
- Recording/Playback Not specified
- Display: OLED
- Effects: Yes
- Width: 50.7 in.
- Height: 4.8 in.
- Depth: 13.4 in.
- Weight: 40.1 lb.
- Power adapter: Included
- Stand or bench included: No
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.