Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Novation Peak 8-Voice Desktop Synthtrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Novation Peak 8-Voice Desktop Synth
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Eight-voice desktop polyphonic synthesizer with three New Oxford Oscillators for each voice.
The synth has a resonant multi-mode analog filter for each voice, and three distortion points for each voice–pre-filter, post-filter and global–in an analog signal chain. Peak is capable of receiving polyphonic aftertouch, which puts expression right at your fingertips. Reverb, delay and chorus effects are at one's disposal, and there is also an onboard arpeggiator.
The modulation system puts a 16-slot modulation matrix and 16 direct assignments in the main controls, cleverly arranged for intuitive patch design and sound editing. There are three ADSR envelopes and two LFOs for each voice, and more elaborate movements and secondary via assignments are made just a few menu button presses away. In addition, two animate buttons give live performers instant one-touch transformation of patches.
Peak connects to modular systems via a CV modulation input, and has MIDI I/O on five-pin DIN ports, so other MIDI gear can be connected. Via USB, Peak can be plugged into Mac or PC, where unlimited patches can be kept using the Components software. Track Select buttons jump between banks of eight tracks/channels, and the bottom row of buttons map to Mute, Solo or Record Arm. The top two rows of rotaries, meanwhile, are freely MIDI mappable—yours to assign as you see fit.
Free to use with Novation Peak and Summit synths, the Wavetable Editor unleashes the power of the wavetable oscillators, allowing you to design your own waveforms and expand your creative potential. The Editor, which is part of the Novation Components browser-based platform, features drawing tools and a Live Edit mode, so you can draw your own oscillator shapes and preview them in real time. The audio import feature lets you load in your own audio to be used as the oscillator waveform. Built into the Wavetable Editor is a curated selection of space-themed audio from the NASA sound library. Also included is exclusive wavetable content from production giants Noisia, who have created a preset pack to stir your creativity. The Wavetable Editor is free to use—just connect your Peak or Summit to your computer via USB and head to the Novation Components page in a compatible browser like Google Chrome.
Firmware Update 2.0
In Novation’s biggest update for Peak, firmware update v2.0 brings in essential improvements and a multitude of features across stereo controls, modulation, unpredictability, and effects, that give you powerful tools to shape your sound.
New spread modes, panning per voice, and panning in the mod matrix give additional control and allows for sound design in the stereo field. Now you can create bigger, wider and more intricately textured soundscapes.
Modulation and unpredictability
Create deeper and more experimental sounds with new mod destinations, noise as a mod source, and additional LFO 3 and 4 parameters. Animate Envelopes and Arpeggiator Chance open more creative performance possibilities.
New effects, including Chorus Modes, Flanger and Phlanger add new tonalities. Additional effects modulation destinations open up more experimental sound design. A new Lo-Fi delay mode enables a more vintage style sound.
The firmware update v2.0 includes a number of bug fixes. The full details can be found in the release notes.
- 8-voice desktop polyphonic synthesizer with three New Oxford Oscillators for each voice
- Resonant multi-mode analog filter for each voice, and three distortion points for each voice
- Reverb, delay and chorus effects
- 16-slot modulation matrix and 16 direct assignments in the main controls
- Connects to modular systems via a CV modulation input
- Compatible with the free Novation Wavetable Editor
Control, versatility and gripping analog sound. Order one soon.
Peak 8-Voice Desktop Synth Specifications:Product Hardware Specifications
- 42 Control knobs
- 8 35mm Sliders
- 1 Volume knob
- 2 Data encoders
- 30 Function buttons (not lit)
- 16 Function buttons (lit)
- 2 Animate buttons plus hold button
- 90 Indicator LEDs
- OLED display
- USB socket for system / MIDI comms only (no bus-power)
- MIDI In / Out / Thru
- 2 1/4 in. jack socket for continuous or switched pedals
- 3.5mm jack socket for CV in
- 1/4 in. jack sockets for left and right outputs
- 1/4 in. jack socket for headphone output
- Metal chassis with American walnut wooden end cheeks
- 8 note polyphony (dependent on voices used per note)
- 5 Voice Modes - Mono, MonoLG, Mono2, Poly, Poly2
- 3 oscillators
- 1 noise generator
- 1 ring modulator
- 2 LFOs
- 1 Amp envelope and 2 mod envelopes
- 1 Filter
- Sine, tri, sawtooth, square / pulse plus 17 wavetables of 5 waveforms per row
- 1x State variable OTA filter per voice
- 12/24dB slope
- Low-pass / band-pass / high-pass
- Pre-filter overdrive
- Post-filter distortion
- 16 modulation slots per patch
- Each slot has 2 sources to 1 destination
- Direct (depth)
- Modulation wheel
- Aftertouch (polyphonic and channel AT)
- Expression pedal 1
- Expression pedal 2
- Keyboard velocity
- LFO1 positive
- LFO1 bi-polar
- LFO2 positive
- LFO2 bi-polar
- Amp envelope
- Mod envelope 1
- Mod envelope 2
- Animate 1
- Animate 2
- CV mod input bi-polar
- Oscillator 1-3 frequency, v-sync level, shape amount and level
- Noise source level
- Ring modulator output level
- Overal synth output level
- Filter drive, distortion, cut-off frequency and resonance
- LFO 1 and 2 frequency
- Amp env / mod env 1 / mod env 2 attack, decay and release
- FM Osc 1 -> osc 2, osc 2 -> osc 3, osc 3 -> osc 1 and noise -> osc 1
- Osc 3 -> filter cutoff frequency
- Noise -> filter cutoff frequency
- Analog distortion
- Chorus - 3 types, Reverb - 3 types
- Delay with 16 types of delay sync, LP and HP damping, slew and stereo
- Arpeggiator w/ key latch – 33 patterns, Glide
- Patch storage - up to 512 on hardware (256 factory patches)
- All knobs (excl. volume), sliders and most buttons transmit and receive MIDI cc commands for external control and mapping
- USB-MIDI class-compliant device, Ableton Live Lite 9 is included
- Maximum power consumption 12V DC 1A
- 9.17 x 18.27 x 2.78 in.
Also Available In These Cost-Saving Bundles
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.