Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Open-Box Dreadbox Typhon Analog Synthesizer Condition 1 - Minttrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
A portable, monophonic synth with a 32-note sequencer and powerful effects.
Designed in Athens, Greece, Typhon boasts two analog VCOs, analog VCAs and an analog 24dB low-pass filter. All analog components feature dedicated direct controls on the front panel. Use the sliders, buttons and encoder on the right side of the front panel to control Amp and Filter envelopes, the sequencer, the modulators and the stereo effects to carefully craft (and save) your sounds. Typhon stores up to 254 presets. Save, store, rename, download and exchange presets with the free Dreadbox Software Editor.
Typhon features three independent modulators that can be routed to 13 different destinations. Control the pitch, filters, waveform, envelopes, amps and effects, and unleash thousands of combinations to alter and shape your sound through modulation. Each modulator can use LFOs, Envelopes, Random generators or the sequencer as a source.
Typhon is equipped with a set of powerful DSP effects, programmed by Sinevibes. The DSP engine runs at a 32-bit/96kHz for high-quality stereo effects. Choose between three FX on each preset to precisely dial in the tone and vibe of your patch.
FX1 is dedicated to distortion algorithms. Choose between 6 different algorithms for Distortion, Bitcrushing, and FM sounds.
FX2 is dedicated to Chorus, Ensemble, and Flanging effects.
FX3 is dedicated to lush sounding Reverb and 2 Delay types.
Typhon features an onboard 32-note sequencer that can be used to sequence notes in the traditional way, or used as a modulation source. Each step of the sequencer will store Note, Velocity, Octave Gate, and Probability trigger information. The Length, Swing and BPM division of the sequencer are also all fully adjustable.
- An analog 24dB/octave resonating Low pass filter
- Analog VCAs
- 2 x Envelope generators for the filter and the amp
- 3 x Modulators that can be either an LFO, envelope, random or step sequencer 32-bit @ 96kHz Stereo DSP effects coded by Sinevibes
- 5 different distortions
- Bit crusher
- 3 x Enhancer effects (chorus, ensemble, flanger)
- 2 different delay types
- Extended MIDI implementation (via DIN5 or USB)
- External audio input can turn this box into the ultimate effects unit
- Manage and exchange presets with a free provided software
- Connections and build quality
- Durable aluminum enclosure
- USB powered (at least 500mA)
- 60 playing hours with 20,000mA portable power bank MIDI Din IN and OUT
- 1/4"Stereo Out
- 1/8" Headphone Out
- 1/8" Audio In (for routing via Typhon FX)
- Made in Greece/EU
Typhon Analog Synthesizer Specifications:Sounds
- VCO: 2
- Envelope Generator (EG): 2
- Modulators: 3
- Included presets: 254
- Output: Stereo
- MIDI Connectivity: In/Out
- USB Connectivity: Yes
- Headphone out: Yes
- Sequencer: 32-step
- Display: Yes
- Effects: Yes
- Width: 9 in.
- Height: 2.3 in.
- Depth: 5.1 in.
- Weight: 2.2 lb.
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.