- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Roger Linn Design LinnStrument Midi Controller
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J22548 000000000 J22548000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
From Technical Grammy winner and MPC inventor Roger Linn comes LinnStrument, a revolutionary new 200-pad MIDI controller that captures three dimensio...Click To Read More About This Product
Expressive musical performance controller.
From Technical Grammy winner and MPC inventor Roger Linn comes LinnStrument, a revolutionary new 200-pad MIDI controller that captures three dimensions of each fingers movement for subtle and precise control of note volume, pitch and timbre, polyphonically. Perform natural vibrato, bends, wind/bow expression and more, just like on acoustic instruments. The grid of 200 note pads is arranged as 8 rows of 25 semitones each, like a guitar or any stringed instrument, permitting note-to-note pitch slides not possible in a piano-key layout. 200 six-color LEDs indicate scale notes in any of 6 colors.
Easy to Play, Easy to Play in Tune, Sitting or Standing
If you play guitar or any stringed instrument, it's surprisingly easy to transfer your skills to LinnStrument. If you play keyboard, it takes a little longer but you'll quickly appreciate the advantages for performing subtle pitch gestures in an intuitive way, easy transposition and spanning a 3-octave chord in one hand. Plus, at 22.5" by 8.5" by 1" thick, it's a whole lot more portable than a keyboard. With continuous pitch control similar to a violin, you might expect that it would be just as difficult as a violin to play in tune. But LinnStrument's pitch quantize insures that your notes are in tune regardless of where your initial touch lands within each 3/4 inch note square, then it immediately removes the quantizing so as not to restrict your vibratos and pitch slides. It's like having frets when you want them and not when you don't.
You can play it at a table like a keyboard but at only 1 inch thin and 5 pounds, it's also small and light enough to play standing up, using the included guitar strap buttons. And it's fully USB bus powered, so only a single USB cable is needed onstage. You can even power it from any Lightning-equiped iPad or iPhone.
- Split Keyboard Mode with unique MIDI settings for each split
- Volume Button displays horizontal light bar on screen for easy volume adjustment
- Preset Button displays MIDI Program Change number on screen (1-128) for easy selection by sliding your finger across surface
- Two Programmable Panel Switches
- CC Faders Mode permits either split to act as 8 horizontal light bars to control CC 1-8
- Strum Mode: "strumming" the rows of the right split plays any notes held in the left split.
- Low Row Mode: the lowest row may be used as a continuous MIDI control strip, sustain bar, arpeggiator on/off or other functions.
Call or click to order today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.