- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Roland AX-Edge Keytar Synthesizer
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #L42549 000002000 L42549000002000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Today’s audiences crave dynamic performances that stand out. As an artist, you want to connect with your fans and take your moment in the spotlight. ...Click To Read More About This Product
49-note keytar synthesizer for incredibly dynamic performances.
Today’s audiences crave dynamic performances that stand out. As an artist, you want to connect with your fans and take your moment in the spotlight. The AX-Edge builds on decades of refinement and learning from artists the world over about what makes the ultimate performance synthesizer. The AX-Edge has a sleek, modern design with a customizable look via interchangeable Edge Blades, 49 full-sized keys, and a sound-set crafted specifically for keytarists. And throughout the AX-Edge, you’ll find thoughtful design features that give you the freedom and confidence to truly express yourself on stage.
Give your stage presence the edge
Stage presence is everything, and you work hard to develop your image as a solo performer or band. The AX-Edge is designed to not only look stunning on stage, but also to match your own unique style. It’s available in black or white and each color has individual design elements that make it stand out, like the “none-more-black” keys and removable Edge Blades. The AX-Edge comes with an extra Edge Blade in the box (a silver Edge Blade for the black model, and a gold Edge Blade for the white) and you can even create your own original designs. Create a look that complements your band’s style or swap out Edge Blades to keep things fresh.
From stage-ready classics to custom made-tones
Roland didn’t cram generic preset sounds into the AX-Edge, it has a curated sound-set driven by our latest technology. Onboard sounds are optimized for stage performance, to produce sounds that cut through—even in a loud band. Dedicated buttons for favorite sounds give you instant access to edgy leads, big fat basses, and all manner of keyboard sounds perfect for the performing keytarist, whether it’s taking a solo or sharing the limelight with your bandmates. If you like to customize your sounds, you can connect to the AX-Edge editor app with Bluetooth MIDI and tweak your sounds wirelessly. Splits and layers let you take full advantage of the expansive, full-sized keyboard, and a wealth of stunning new effects, including a master compressor and EQ give you polished, studio-quality tone in any venue. And thanks to the Tone Remain function, you can switch sounds seamlessly on stage without notes or effect tails being cut off prematurely.
Take control of your performance—with both hands
Unlike keyboardists who perform behind a traditional keyboard rig, keytar players know the thrill of tearing it up right in front of their adoring fans. And when your moment comes, the AX-Edge gives you the hands-on control to nail your performance, giving it subtle nuance or over-the-top intensity. Neck controls, refined over years of development and artist feedback, are highly intuitive and truly take your performance to another level. While your right hand will appreciate the supremely playable keyboard, your left hand will love the modulation bar, pressure sensitive pitch ribbon, and easy-to-reach controls for portamento, hold, octave switch, and program change…an array of assignable controls fully tailored to your performance style.
The stage-ready, performance-focused powerhouse
As a gigging keyboard player, a lot can fall on your shoulders. You cover lots of different sounds and parts, often acting as the backbone of a performance and filling in any gaps. With this reality in mind, the AX-Edge has thoughtful performance features that aid you in the heat of battle. An innovative dual display system keeps you in command at all times, while the onboard arpeggiator and song player can handle backing duties while you concentrate on slaying your audience. And the built-in vocoder, which can be layered with internal sounds, is just the thing for unique backing vocals or funky, retro lead parts.
While they may not stand out as much as its striking good looks and killer sound-set, the AX-Edge has several convenient features that greatly expand its usability for today’s keytarist. The USB memory function provides full backup capability so you’re ready if disaster strikes. It’s a capable master controller for rack modules or plugin synths. And the Bluetooth MIDI and nearly four hours of battery life free you from wires so you can throw caution to the wind and leave it all on the stage.
- 49 full-sized keys with velocity and channel aftertouch
- 256 notes of polyphony
- 4 parts + Vocoder with Mic Input
- 320 programs and over 500 preset tones for keytarists
- Tone Remain function switches sounds seamlessly without unnatural sound cut off
- Ribbon Controller, Modulation Bar, and Assignable Control for expressive performance
- Up to 4 hours of battery-powered* operation (or AC adaptor)
- Bluetooth MIDI and editor app for wireless sound customization
- Weighs just 9 lb. 5 oz/4.2 kg (without battery)
- Available in black and white models with removable Edge Blade for custom look
- One extra Edge Blade included to complement your AX-Edge model
- Audio file playback via external USB memory
- Master MIDI controller for controlling sound modules, plugins and more
- Dual display system optimized for live performance
- Available optional ST-AX2 stand provides stable support
Get out form behind the keys, and out in front of the crowd!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.