Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Roland BK-5 Backing Keyboardtrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Roland BK-5 Backing Keyboard
Frequently bought together
- Free Shipping
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
A 61-key auto-accompaniment machine ideal for the one-man or woman band.
In addition to playing MIDI files with its internal sound generator, the BK-5 can also play and manipulate audio files. Play MP3 or WAV files via USB and use the onboard controls to change key signature and tempo to best suit your vocal range or performance style. You can also use the BK-5's Center Cancel feature to minimize the vocals from pre-existing songs to create instant karaoke-style sing-along tracks.
To expand the capabilities of the BK-5, a USB port is provided for connecting to industry-standard USB storage devices such as a USB key or self-powered USB hard disk for playing and modifying/saving files. You can also use the USB port to record your performances as audio files (WAV, 16-bit/44.1KHz linear format) on a USB storage device.
The BK-5's composite video output can be connected to an external monitor, which allows the audience or other musicians onstage to follow the lyrics and chord symbols of the performed song. Turn your show into a multimedia experience!
- Keyboard: 61 keys (velocity sensitive)
- Display: 160 x 160 dots Graphic LCD (with backlit)
- Max. Polyphony: 128 voices (GM2/GS/XG Lite compatible)
- Sounds: 1,172 tones, 60 Drum Sets
- Multitimbral parts: 3 realtime parts (UP1, UP2, LWR) + 16 song parts
- Master Tuning: 415.3 to 466.2Hz
- Key Control (Transpose): -6 to +5 in semitones (for audio/MIDI data)
- Tempo change: 20 to 250BPM for SMF and rhythms, 75 to 125% for MP3 and WAV files
- Part mute functions: TRACK MUTE (Rhythms, SMF), CENTER CANCEL (mp3, WAV, AUDIO INPUT signals)
- Realtime parts (UP1, UP2, LWR), Rhythms/SMF section:
- Reverb: 8 types (selectable via Makeup Tools)
- Chorus: 8 types (selectable via Makeup Tools)
- MFX: 84 types for real-time parts (selectable via Tone Part MFX)
- MFX: A & B for rhythm and SMF section (selectable via Makeup Tools)
- Parametric EQ: 6 presets + 1 User memory
- Multi-band compressor: 6 presets + 1 User memory
- Rhythms: 305 in 6 "Rhythm" families (localized rhythms for specific areas are included in the WORLD 1 and WORLD 2 families)
- Rhythm Composer: Internal Rhythm Composer, SMF-to-Rhythm Converter provided as PC application (Windows) on the bundled CD-ROM
- One Touch memories: 4 programmable registrations per rhythm
- Rhythm Makeup Tools: Instrument-oriented editing
- Realtime player: SMF (Format 0/1), KAR, mp3, WAV, mp3+CDG
- Song chord extractor: Automatic chord detection for SMF files
- SMF Makeup Tools: Instrument-oriented editing
- Performance Lists: Unlimited number (storage on USB memory), over 500 "Music Assistant" memories (internal memory), 5 "Factory Song" memories (internal memory Performance memories per List: Max. 999
- Search function: Quick location of SMF, audio and JPG files on the connected USB memory
- Media: USB Flash memory
- Song Save Format: Audio files: WAV (44.1 kHz, 16-bit linear)
- Lyrics: SMF, mp3/WAV, mp3+CDG
- Slide shows: Picture folder linked to songs (recommended resolution: 512 x 384 or 1024 x 768 pixels)
- Panel controls: Knobs - VOLUME, Rotary encoder: Data dial
- Speakers: 10cm x 2
- Rated power output: 12W x 2
- Power supply: AC adaptor
- Power consumption: 1100mA
- Auto Off function: Off, 10min, 30min, 240min
- PHONES jack x2: Stereo 1/4" phone type
- AUDIO INPUT jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- AUDIO OUTPUT jacks: (L/Mono, R/Mono): 1/4" phone type
- USB COMPUTER connector: Type B, reception and transmission of MIDI data
- USB MEMORY: Type A, data storage devices
- MIDI connectors (IN, OUT): Visual Control function
- VIDEO OUTPUT jack: RCA-type (CVBS, PAL or NTSC selectable)
- Foot pedal jack: HOLD, SWITCH/EXPRESSION (programmable)
- Owner's Manual, AC adaptor
- Power cord (for connecting the AC adaptor)
- Music rest
- CD-ROM (Style Converter 4.0, USB driver)
Enter the BK-5 lounge and have a cavalcade of fun. Order today!
BK-5 Backing Keyboard Specifications:Size and Weight without music rest:
- WxDxH: 1,044mm x 317mm x 129mm, 41-1/8" x 12-1/2" x 5-1/8"
- Weight: 7.5 kg / 16lb., 9 oz.
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.