- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
ROLI Seaboard GRAND
- Write a Review
- J42553 000000000 J42553000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Seaboard GRAND is a radically new musical instrument that reimagines the piano keyboard as a soft, continuous surface and puts expression back at...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Inspiration at your fingertips.
The Seaboard GRAND is a radically new musical instrument that reimagines the piano keyboard as a soft, continuous surface and puts expression back at your fingertips. For centuries, keyboardists have been forced to accept the velocity of their key strikes marking the end of that note's expressive potential. With the Seaboard GRAND, however, this interaction is merely the beginning. Intuitive gestures such as presses, bends and slides open new avenues to musical expression.
Continuous touch enables you to sound a note and then take it on a musical journey; modulating volume and timbre through one continuous motion. The Seaboard GRAND’s keywaves offer precise tactile feedback, making it easy to sense the slightest change in pressure, resulting in a far more organic experience than traditional aftertouch.
Intuitive Pitch Control
Adjusting pitch is as natural on the Seaboard GRAND as it is on a stringed instrument. Slide a finger to the left to lower the pitch of a note; slide it to the right to raise it. The smooth feel of the playing surface lets you easily glide from one keywave to the next, or apply a natural vibrato to any note.
Unique, low-friction ribbons run along both the top and the bottom of the Seaboard GRAND’s playing surface. They make it easy to start playing one keywave, then slide to any other keywave you choose in one fluid gesture, even allowing multiple notes to glissando independently at the same time.
Harmony Between Hardware and Software
The SoundDial is the only control you will need to adjust the sound of the Seaboard GRAND. Shift between sound presets using the continuous rotary control, while the subtle LED ring shows you exactly which preset is currently being played.
Equator Sound Engine
Equator is a powerful software synthesizer that unlocks the full potential of the Seaboard GRAND’s expressive capabilities. Together, they form a seamlessly integrated software and hardware experience that will spark creativity for producers, performers, and sound designers alike. Every Seaboard GRAND ships ready to run Equator on-board: just plug in a pair of headphones or an amplifier and you'll be ready to go.
- Use your GRAND with Windows. The updated version of the Seaboard GRAND operating system and Embedded Equator now support both Windows and OS X platforms.
- Explore many more sounds. The GRAND now comes with an additional 48 custom-designed presets.
- Decide how much Glide you want. You can now adjust the sensitivity of the keywaves to (for) the Glide Dimension of Touch through (the updated) ROLI Dashboard. Sideways movements along a keywave can bend pitch more or less, depending on what you want.
- Maximize multidimensional expression when working with other software programs. The GRAND supports the Multidimensional Polyphonic Expression (MPE) specification. This means you can realize (utilise) multidimensional sounds when working with Logic Pro X, Bitwig Studio, FXpansion Strobe2, Cycling 74 Max, and other hardware and software instruments.
- Update your GRAND easily. You can now update your GRAND’s operating system and firmware directly from Dashboard.
- Use one version of Equator and Dashboard for GRAND and RISE. If you have Seaboard GRAND and RISE registered you can now use just one version of the software to create presets and load presets for either piece of hardware.
Call or click to order Seaboard GRAND today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.