- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
ROLI Seaboard RISE MIDI Controller
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J28976 000000000 J28976000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
A revolutionary MIDI controller that is exceptionally intuitive and easy to use, the Seaboard RISE from ROLI is the ultimate form of expression. With...Click To Read More About This Product
Inspiration at your fingertips.
A revolutionary MIDI controller that is exceptionally intuitive and easy to use, the Seaboard RISE from ROLI is the ultimate form of expression. With a variety of touch gestures, MIDI over Bluetooth, and endless possibilities, it's no wonder there's so much buzz about this unique keyboard controller.
Select from two playing style modes, and five dimensions of touch including strike, press, glide, and slide, each with their own unique way of delivering a one-of-a-kind performance. If you’re looking for just a standard wireless keyboard controller, the Seaboard RISE can deliver. Just disable expressive control and the Seaboard RISE can be played like a regular piano or MIDI controller, but with an added touch of style.
Seaboard RISE was made to travel. It’s incredibly thin and rugged build design makes it easy to take just about anywhere, and with long-lasting battery power and MIDI over Bluetooth, you can turn on and play just about anywhere you are. The Seaboard RISE also comes in a beautiful case, and is bundled with Equator, a custom-built multi-platform software synthesizer designed exclusively for incredible real-time modulation with Seaboard RISE.
Five Dimensions of Touch
Strike describes the force with which a finger makes contact with a keywave. This dimension of touch corresponds to strike on a standard keyboard.
Glide describes horizontal movements from side to side on a keywave or along the ribbons. Glide movements bend and adjust pitch as naturally as on a string instrument, allowing effects such as vibrato and glissando, all on a polyphonic basis.
Slide describes vertical movements up and down a keywave. Slide can be assigned to most sound parameters in Equator. An upward movement along the top of the keywave, for example, might open a filter that transforms an acoustic guitar sound to a bass guitar sound, while a downward movement will close that filter.
Press describes the pressure applied to the keywave after the initial Strike. The keywaves respond to each moment of continuous touch, transmitting minute variations of pressure to sound. This continuous pressure-sensitivity allows for swells, fades, and other detailed expressions.
Lift describes the release velocity or speed of liftoff from a keywave. Lift can be assigned to most sound parameters in Equator. For example, a rapid lift can result in a lingering resonance or a hard pluck.
MIDI Over Bluetooth
The Seaboard RISE can transmit MIDI-over-Bluetooth to devices which support it, which currently is Mac computers running OS X 10.10and with a Bluetooth LE chip. Seaboard RISE is also compatible with iPad and can transmit MIDI over Bluetooth for iOS 8 and above. For all other applications, Seaboard RISE can transmit MIDI over USB so it can be connected and used with DAWs and virtual instruments like an ordinary MIDI controller. Since the Seaboard uses multiple channels of MIDI simultaneously, ROLI provides templates for all major DAWs and many popular instruments to help you get started quickly.
The Seaboard RISE is primarily USB-powered. An internal battery, which is charged by USB, makes it possible to perform without a power connection by MIDI over Bluetooth. External power supplies with an input voltage of 100-240V AC and an output voltage of 9-12V DC 18W centre pin positive can be used. When fully charged, the battery delivers up to 11-12 hours of continuous play.
- Continuous pedal input (1/4" jack)
- USB B port (MIDI out and power)
- USB A port (for charging peripherals) 9–12V 2A DC port
- Internal battery
- Full MIDI compatibility over USB and Bluetooth
- Bundled with Equator, the world’s first purpose-built, multi-dimensional software synthesiser
- OS X 10.8+ / Windows 7+ / iOS
- Intel Core i5 2.5GHz or faster recommended
- 4 GB RAM minimum / 8 GB RAM recommended
- 2 GB available disk space for Equator installation
- USB 2.0+ port for USB compatibility
- Bespoke storage case
- Manage settings in ROLI Dashboard
- USB cable
- Quick start guide
- Product registration card
- User manual
- Warranty information
- Mac OSX 10.8+ / Windows 7+
- Intel Core i7 2.5Ghz+
- 4GB RAM (recommended: 8GB RAM)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.