Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Studio Electronics Boomstar Modular Amptrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
- Ships Internationally
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Modular amp with matched transistors for reliable behavior.
The AMP, the 5089, and the 3003 are Class A circuits. They draw more current from the +12 rail than from the -12 volt rail. Boomstar Modular AMPs are hand-built entirely in the US.
Two attenuverters and two attenuation pots control the INPUT, ST1 CV2, ST2 CV2, and OUTPUT, delivering smooth, detailed, and complex expression.
Switch it Up
Uber useful continuous hypnotic DRONE for endless sustain/release, and DRIVE—the overdrive circuit from the Boomstar desktop—for last stage energy, bite, soft clipping, and gonzo '70's era "Distortion +" crunchy fuzz.
Patch it Up
Six patch points: INPUT, ST1 CV1, ST1 CV2, ST2 CV1, ST2 CV2, OUTPUT.
FeaturesAll Controls and Patch Points
- INPUT – Adjusts the audio input.
- ST1 CV2 – Adjusts stage 1, control voltage 2.
- ST2 CV2 – Adjusts stage 2, control voltage 2.
- DRONE – Sustains the last note received.
- DRIVE – Final output stage overdirve/saturation.
- OUTPUT – Adjusts the audio output.
- INPUT – Audio input.
- ST1 CV1 – Stage 1, control voltage 1 input.
- ST1 CV2 – Stage 1, control voltage 2 input.
- ST2 CV1 - Stage 2, control voltage 1 input.
- ST2 CV2 – Stage 2, control voltage 2 input.
- OUTPUT – Audio output.
- Size - 8hp
- Depth - 39.7mm with ribbon cable attached
- Power Usage - 35mA, 12mA (+12 / -12)
An essential part of your modular system. Order today.
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.