- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
D'Addario Zyex Series Double Bass E String
- Write a Review
- Product J16591
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Zyex synthetic core double bass strings produce an extremely warm, rich sound. Zyex strings are made from a new generation of synthetic material, cre...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
The sound and feel of gut strings with more evenness.
Zyex synthetic core double bass strings produce an extremely warm, rich sound. Zyex strings are made from a new generation of synthetic material, creating strings that are incredibly stable under drastic climatic conditions. Settling in on the instrument within a matter of hours, Zyex bass strings provide rich, gut-like, complex tone, combined with power and clarity for both pizzicato and bowing.
Zyex bass strings were developed primarily to offer outstanding pizzicato attacks and sustain, as well as superb bowing response. Get the sound and feel of gut strings with more evenness, projection and stability than real gut.
All D'Addario strings are designed, engineered and manufactured in the USA to the most stringent quality controls in the industry.
E string is also available in a 4/4-scale version to accommodate instruments with longer overall string lengths (playing/vibrating length is the same). 3/4 scale A, D, and G strings will work with the 4/4 E string.
- 3/4 size bass with a playing length of 41 3/4 inches (1060mm)
- Available in light and medium tension
- Zyex synthetic core produces a rich, warm, gut-like tone
- Tungsten wound string with ball end; Black and grey silking color
- Developed primarily to offer outstanding pizzicato attacks and sustain, as well as superb bowing response