- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
NS Design NXTa Active Series 4-String Fretted Electric Cello in Black
- Write a Review
- #J47313 000001000 J47313000001000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The NXTa Active Series Cello opens up new vistas for the cellist. Crafted in the Czech Republic by the makers of the renowned CR Series, NXT series c...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Ideal for processing, looping, recording and performing.
The NXTa Active Series Cello opens up new vistas for the cellist. Crafted in the Czech Republic by the makers of the renowned CR Series, NXT series cellos exemplify flawless workmanship at an exceptional value.
As a pure electric instrument, the NS cello has certain built-in advantages over an acoustic. One is the virtual absence of wolf tones, an unfortunate fact of life for the acoustic cellist. Another is freedom from feedback in amplified performance settings, which means the cellist can move about the stage at will, and better yet, can take solos at any volume. Since 100% of the sound comes via the pickup, using looping and other electronic effects in live performance is much easier and far more effective than with an amplified acoustic, where much of the unprocessed sound "leaks" out to the audience.
The tone quality and dynamic range of the NXTa cello owes much to the self-powered NS Polar™ Pickup System. Employing special piezo crystals, mounted beneath the bridge, the pickup captures the full sound spectrum created by the strings and body of the instrument. Arco versus Pizzicato playing creates more vibration energy in one direction than the other, and a convenient switch on the side of the NXTa actually allows the player to select sensitivity for either mode. The result is either more percussive response, or smoother and sustained response, adding a new dimension to what the player can create musically.
Dual Mode Output
The new dual mode signal output electronics of the NXTa take the convenience, versatility and performance capability of the NXT to another level.
Using the supplied charger, the NXTa connects into any AC outlet for 60 seconds, powering the capacitor-powered active circuit for up to 16 hours of performance time. The instrument can then be plugged straight into any low or high impedance device, no direct box necessary. Since there is no signal loss over the full frequency spectrum of the instrument, the fundamentals of every note remain clear and strong, even with extra-long cables.
The NXTa can be played in this mode when using a direct box or an amplifier with high impedance input. (This mode provides performance capabilities identical to the original NXT.)
NXTa instruments are battery-free, eliminating the hassle and cost of batteries while helping protect our environment.
The solid maple body and neck along with the graduated fingerboard contribute to the delivery of a rich, full tone that rings true for every note. Asymmetrical fingerboard relief provides extraordinary ease of playability from the lowest to the highest positions. To suit individual player preferences, the fingerboard relief can be adjusted via the truss rod in the neck, and the string height is readily adjustable at the bridge.
NS Electric Strings and most traditional acoustic strings fit all NS cellos, allowing the player to select from a wide range, each with a unique sound a feel. In combination with the easy adjustment of basic set-up parameters, the NXT Series Cello is adaptable to a nearly limitless range of music styles.
- rotary volume control; tone control (treble roll off), with push-pull selection between active and passive output mode; arco/pizzicato toggle switch.
- standard with the NXT series, black painted steel, fully adjustable, self-standing tripod design. Folds for easy storage and fits into the NXT gig bag. Weight is 2.7 kg (6 lbs.).
- the standard gig bag with handle and shoulder strap, has a padded inner case for the instrument and a zipper pouch for the tripod stand. It also has a bow compartment and storage pocket with room for charger and accessories. 99 cm (39") long; 18 cm (7") in diameter. Loaded weight is 5 kg (11 lbs.), including stand. Fits in the overhead luggage compartment of most commercial aircraft.
Fine instrument with many more options for the creative cellist.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.