Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
NS Design WAV 4 Electric Violin Ambertrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
NS Design WAV 4 Electric Violin Amber
Frequently bought together
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
A remarkably easy-to-play electric violin for the professional and student alike.
At the heart of every NS bowed electric violin is the Polar pickup system. Sensor and bridge geometry are integrated to translate every nuance to the amplifier and speaker system. The big, bold, and brilliant tone looks to the future, yet the sonic ingredients of the acoustic violin are present and can be tamed to become traditional in character. The Polar pickup has the unique ability to analyze the direction of string vibration to enhance the bowed response and to facilitate bow technique. The unusually powerful piezo crystals do not require onboard power, for maintenance-free performance without the hassle of batteries.
The reserve power of a well-set-up electric violin makes the instrument easier to play than a conventional acoustic. The NS WAV 4 Violin's rock maple bridge is easily adjustable for the playing style and action height you prefer; high and powerful like a traditional violin, low and fast like an electric guitar, or anywhere in between. The ebony fingerboard is graduated for each string to optimize the tone and playability of every note. The neck is smooth and fast, with traditional thumb reference points for the scroll and heel. The removable bout provides accurate position reference for players accustomed to using the traditional body shape for reference.
Accurate, stable tuners are the key to in-tune performance. The patented self-clamping tuning mechanism automatically grips the string ever more tightly as tension is applied, and the micrometer tuning is smooth and precise. This set-it and forget-it tuning is light-years ahead of the friction tuners found on traditional instruments.
Light weight and good balance are the essential comfort factors for any violin. The fully carved interior of the WAV 4 Violin keeps the weight to the minimum, and the body-mounted tuners bring the center of gravity back over the shoulder where it belongs. The shoulder rest is contoured and padded to provide stable support, and it's fully adjustable to accommodate differences in playing styles and body types.
The NS WAV 4 violin comes complete with fabric-covered hard foam case, padded on the inside, with room for 2 bows, shoulder rest, output cable, and extra gear.
- Polar pickup system
- Easily adjustable maple bridge
- Ebony fingerboard
- Removable bout for those who prefer a traditional body shape
- Patented tuning mechanism
Order an instrument that is made for the future.
WAV 4 Electric Violin Specifications:
- Model: NS WAV 4 electric violin
- Body: maple
- Neck: maple
- Fingerboard: ebony
- Shoulder rest: fully adjustable ergonomic design
- Electronics: Polar pickup system
- Controls: volume and tone
- Tuners: tail-mounted patented precision machines
- Other: removable bout
- Available colors: amber burst, black, and transparent red
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.